EXTRA ATAR Points (1 Viewer)

katharinetat

HSC
Uni Grad
This is true.

But I think a distinction needs to be made between 'bonus points' and EAS. Not all courses accept 'bonus points'. Most will accept EAS though (to be honest, I think ALL will accept EAS, but I'm not 100% here).
From what I know, you can't get bonus points in some degrees - at UNSW I think it would be Law and/or Medicine, but not 100% sure.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
From what I know, you can't get bonus points in some degrees - at UNSW I think it would be Law and/or Medicine, but not 100% sure.
Yes, that's right.

In the case of degrees where demand is extremely high, universities do not allow for bonus points to be credited for entry.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Is there any special consideration for people with disbailities ie: hand muscles dysfunctions, strokes, blindness, etc in regards to extra atar points?

TerenceM

HSC
I think maybe doing cadets or scouts give you bonus atar xD Correct me If i'm wrong

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I think maybe doing cadets or scouts give you bonus atar xD Correct me If i'm wrong
Not wrong. Extra curricular is indeed looked upon highly as it proves you aren't a basement person with absolutely no communication to the outside world. I believe D.O.E. and grade 8 AMEB exams in music also award bonus marks.

theycallmebob

HSC
just a thought, could one move to the local area of a university after exams, and get bonus points?

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
I live in what is deemed a rural area, and get 5 bonus points on my ATAR at a heap of different uni's :)

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Is there any special consideration for people with disbailities ie: hand muscles dysfunctions, strokes, blindness, etc in regards to extra atar points?
nah you spastic. Board of studies states that if you get a stroke during your exam you receive zero...

You are quite thick..

WeaselPowa

HSC
Having an Aboriginal background allows you to get more ATAR.
Just in case you were Aboriginal and wasn't aware ^^

Cherrybomb56

HSC
do you get extra bonus points doing a sport club outside of school in year 12?

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
do you get extra bonus points doing a sport club outside of school in year 12?
Most Unis which give bonus points for elite sports require the student to have competed at state level as a minimum, if not at national & international level.

Time&moretime

HSC
Extra points are added on applicants' ATAR who received successful EAS considerations. Be it because you are enrolled in a disadvantaged school or other considerations which placed you as disadvantaged. UAC will inform you of this which I think is a brilliant system. A new list of claims came out earlier this year partly because of the bush fires last year. (I personally made no such claims even though we suffered losses.) Then there are the usual school captains, elite sports players, etc. As for medicine I believe points are added after all is considered, meaning points aren't added to your ATAR but to your overall performance when you have done your UCAT, HSC & Interviews. But that may not apply for all unis. Personally, I am always doubtful of the whole seeking after 'extra points' for your ATAR because at the end of the day all UAC & unis are trying to do is match you to the right course for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)