F*ck you Coles Myer (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I just got an email saying that my application was unsuccessful.

WTF for?

I had my group interview 2 weeks ago. I went there relaxed, spoke clearly, participated well enough in the group discussions, handed in my resume and other awards i achieved, but they still didn't accept me.

Since i go to uni 4 days a week (finish @ 10am on Tuesday and have Wednesday off), i put my availability on Tuesday, Wednesday and the weekend. I put previous experience working in a family business around 5-6 years ago.

But thats still not good enough for those bastards. Should i email the recruitment officer (Igor) and tell him why i was unsuccessful or should i abuse him?

I'm still without a job. I'm so bloody pissed off.

A big F*CK YOU to Coles Myer and i hope you go bankrupt in the near future.

Trogie

HSC
I reckon you should e-mail him and ask what you could do to improve your performance in future interviews. Also, dont worry about it so much, there are heaps of other (and better) places to work. I've worked at Coles in the past and it aint that great.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Rayanaldo said:
Since i go to uni 4 days a week (finish @ 10am on Tuesday and have Wednesday off), i put my availability on Tuesday, Wednesday and the weekend. I put previous experience working in a family business around 5-6 years ago.

as trogie said

as for the above, th availability wouldn't have been good enough, apply sometime like christmas when you have full availability

just because you got through the group interview would not guarantee you a job. it might be better that you're pissed off now rather than later if you got through buy never got called nack

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
as trogie said

as for the above, th availability wouldn't have been good enough, apply sometime like christmas when you have full availability

just because you got through the group interview would not guarantee you a job. it might be better that you're pissed off now rather than later if you got through buy never got called nack
I applied in November 2004. They got back to me last month.

sarevok

HSC
i had my group interview today. i think i stuffed it and very likely will fail, but in a way i'm happy given all the horror stories i've heard about coles myer's recruitment.

Trogie

HSC
sarevok said:
i had my group interview today. i think i stuffed it and very likely will fail, but in a way i'm happy given all the horror stories i've heard about coles myer's recruitment.
Horror stories? really, like what?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Rayanaldo said:

WTF for?

I had my group interview 2 weeks ago. I went there relaxed, spoke clearly, participated well enough in the group discussions, handed in my resume and other awards i achieved, but they still didn't accept me.

But thats still not good enough for those bastards. Should i email the recruitment officer (Igor) and tell him why i was unsuccessful or should i abuse him?

which branch of coles myer did you apply for?

hehe, i doubt they will go bankrupt, net profit doing well the last half year :rolleyes:

line_backer

HSC
Rayanaldo said:

WTF for?

call up the recruiting officer and give him/her a piece of what you think, start with ur thread title

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Rayanaldo said:

WTF for?

ok man if it makes u feel any better i for fucked over even worse by coles myer.

i applied online and like a onth later had a group interview, then waited about 3 eeks , and had the store interview cuase they told me i was successful for that. i went in , acted all good spoke nicely and then about a week later they told me u didnt get in. i was so fucking pissed off. i went up to the store i had the interview at and asked to talk to the manager who gave me the interview to maybe disguss what i did wrong and try to change my availability or anytihng, and this other maanger i was tlaking to was such a bitch, she is like "sorry theres nothing else u can do all applications are closed" and kept repeating that over and over.i was about to snap and just punch her ugly face in

anyway , i had only three days at uni so i was flexible, had good contacts etc etc.

what pissed me off the most is that they fucked me around for like 2-3 month before telling me i dont hav the job.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
even if u do call anyone up and let them have it
its probably not going to get you the job
plus they screw most people over
so your not the only one
i say move on..and look for another job dude

is a roflcopter
HSC
Rayanaldo said:

WTF for?

perhaps you overrated yourself

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
even if u do call anyone up and let them have it
its probably not going to get you the job
plus they screw most people over
so your not the only one
i say move on..and look for another job dude
i have moved on. its just that the system they impelented is so sh1t. they should stick to individual store hiring system tthey used before. so it wouldnt be such a long process.

the only benefit of this new way to hiring is that it allows u to submit application to mre stores

is a roflcopter
HSC
SashatheMan said:
how would that be. i didnt boast.
i didnt even quote you

but i just dont understand you and Rayanaldo
if i failed an inteview i would think about what i did wrong, not blame the inteview process

the store manager barred you off because recruitment isnt done on a store level since its centrally allocated.

and if you are stressing out about CML's relatively simple process
wait until you try to apply for a proper firm haha

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Rayanaldo said:
I applied in November 2004. They got back to me last month.
they have hired their casuals by october, most big stores have, apply in june, only a few months away

i would prefer to apply for more stores separately, rather than online. at least you might get a call from one of them rather than no call because there is only 1 application

Last edited:

illmatic

NaS
HSC
they dont even look at ur shit.. the interviews exist only to look professional

on the real all they do is choose people randomly - credentials or no credentials.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
illmatic said:
they dont even look at ur shit.. the interviews exist only to look professional

on the real all they do is choose people randomly - credentials or no credentials.

how do u know that???

they do look at yuor availability and other stuff.

klh

HSC
finally someone else doen over like i was. i feel your andger/pain...
i think its due to availability, i mean if someone is more avaialbel and applying at the same store as you, naturally theyll recriut them becoz they can be called on to do extra shifts.
i mean i participated and stuff too...

HSC
Man i was successful in one of those group interviews
like 3 months ago.
I'm still waiting to be called............

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i guess this whole game is realli a luck or no luck game, not realli based on how well or not well you did in the interview. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)