F*ck you Coles Myer (2 Viewers)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
NeverReallyWas said:
Man i was successful in one of those group interviews
like 3 months ago.
I'm still waiting to be called............

u were ment to now move on to the store intervierw process, the other 3 month

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i also got a "sucessful in group interview but waiting for a job" email

ummm im still waiting.. and the group interview was also about 3 months ago

gibbo67

HSC
yeah, don't feel too bad about not getting a job; the job at coles that i've got is only producing on average one 3 hour shift per week (hardly worth staying in for), which i'm likely to give away or reduce once i find a better job for the evening

GSTARRAW

Iv'e found that if your successful in the group interview, nagging the shit out of them once every 3days puts them on the spot and forces them to attend to you.. I did it and it worked, iv'e had 2 jobs through this process... onto my third now :)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
SashatheMan said:
how do u know that???

they do look at yuor availability and other stuff.

i applied for chrissy work when i was like 16-ish and i put my availabilities for over 6 hours each day for every week

so basically they rejected a young, cheap kid who has plenty of availabilites and who spoke heaps in his group interview...

im tellin ya the system is dodgy

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
illmatic said:
i applied for chrissy work when i was like 16-ish and i put my availabilities for over 6 hours each day for every week

so basically they rejected a young, cheap kid who has plenty of availabilites and who spoke heaps in his group interview...

im tellin ya the system is dodgy
If you had a choice between a 16 year old kid and a 24 year old uni student on summer holiday (same availability), who'd you choose?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I started at Coles this week.... I already have two other jobs and have been offered several others by the time Coles got back to me. The only reason I took it is because it is a part time position with set shifts.... easy to organize my life around.

The system is pretty stupid..... but I guess because they are such a large company it is probably the best they can do.

is a roflcopter
HSC
SashatheMan said:
alot of others. any retails that doesnt do group interviews are a good example. much much quicker that way
thats a great suggestion for the largest private employer in the country
please man you're a genius! go into management consulting already :rolleyes:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Newbie said:
lol..........

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Newbie said:
they can do store interviews cant they, look at maccas, its even bigger then the shitty coles myer and they dont make people wait years and have shitty group interviews, they just have a quick talk to yuo and tell you if yuor in or not.

and yeh i am a genius , but yuor a moron.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
surely colesmyer are bigger than maccas, they have numerous brands.
i still agree store interviews are the go

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
uhh mcdonalds isn't bigger than coles myer in australia considering that mcdonalds is just ONE store.

coles myer includes coles, grace bros, target, officeworks, vintage cellars, coles express, bi-lo, k-mart.... need i go on?

retard. *oh boo hoo i didn't get a job*. trust me moron, it's not that great. go get a job that's worthy of your obviously precious self.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Newbie said:
why dont you suggest a better one

why should i?

how bout not making me go all the way to bondhi junction for a "group" interview where they ask dodgy questions that lasts for 30 minutes which ultimately provides them with no informaiton on my skills and who i am as a person.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
glycerine said:
uhh mcdonalds isn't bigger than coles myer in australia considering that mcdonalds is just ONE store.

coles myer includes coles, grace bros, target, officeworks, vintage cellars, coles express, bi-lo, k-mart.... need i go on?

retard. *oh boo hoo i didn't get a job*. trust me moron, it's not that great. go get a job that's worthy of your obviously precious self.

it's only natural to be a bit disapoointed or pissed off that u didnt get a job soooo shut the fuck up :)

HSC
I feel the pain of being rejected by Coles Myer .. if the country bumkin that was at the group interview got a job then I will hang myself.

Obviously they can't see potential.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:

maccas is still huge , with many layers of management etc etc. very complex , but they manage to have store interviews.

when i was going for the store interview for coles myer, i asked the women interviewing me, if they sorted out my contacts , becuase they had some problems with them, and she goes, u see we dont know anything abotu that , its to do with another group that hold the group interviews.
that means they dont have strong enough contacts between each sections of the company, its bad organisation, and counter productive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)