F*ck you Coles Myer (2 Viewers)

Yar_Shrabi

burrrrrrrrrrrrrah!!
HSC
wats the best way to apply for woolies over the net or by handing in a form at the store orsomethin..cos i applied over the net 4monts back and then just changed some of the info my form cos i just realised it was wrong last month but still havent ferd anythin from them...should i just dicard this application and make a new1 ????????????????

Yar_Shrabi

burrrrrrrrrrrrrah!!
HSC
Finland Ahoy! said:
Seriously, to everyone working themselves up over Coles - DON'T. Take my word for it, I just escaped after a year and a half in their god awful clutches. Now if you're a uni student and not getting in, as most of you seem to be, it's got nothing to do with you. Pretty much all of their new employees were as close to the minimum age as you could get. Lower pay and so much easier to intimidate. And despite their massive selection procedure, half the people they hire are complete morons. The amount of people that I trained that didn't recognise veges like celery and broccoli...you don' t need to be a genius to be a checkout chick but these people were amazed when I did things like work out the change from a five dollar note. Don't worry, they go through staff at such a rate of knots that you'll be considered senior after a few months, so you'll get to train your own little batch of dimwits. Anyway I could go on for hours about the delights of working for coles myer, message me if you feel you need a little personalised discouragement

so FA wat r we uni kids sposed to do for money **roB a bank ? **(pm me if u r interested)lol

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Yar_Shrabi said:
so FA wat r we uni kids sposed to do for money **roB a bank ? **(pm me if u r interested)lol
which bank are you thinking of?

Finland Ahoy!

HSC
Yar_Shrabi said:
so FA wat r we uni kids sposed to do for money **roB a bank ? **
exactly, or even better you could rob coles myer. why let them rip you off when you can rip them off. or you could try getting a job that requires some sort of skill or just an equally mindless one that you need to be 18 to do

Yar_Shrabi

burrrrrrrrrrrrrah!!
HSC
Finland Ahoy! said:
exactly, or even better you could rob coles myer. why let them rip you off when you can rip them off. or you could try getting a job that requires some sort of skill or just an equally mindless one that you need to be 18 to do

ya ya i'm over 18 but wat kind of a job :rolleyes:

DooGseY

HSC
Yar_Shrabi said:
so wat do u have to do ??
Move stock around from pallets to shelves and then off again for customers when they're needed. Its pretty similar to night fill.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i think its so ridiculous coles myer goes to such lengths to recruit casuals. its not exactly brain surgery

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The results of my test were never emailed to me :( I'm bummed.
(well, I've done the test twice, first one was emailed to me, but not the second one, and it was the second one that got me the interview)

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
I'm playing the waiting game now and am waiting for them to reply about whether I have been matched with a vacancy or not.
I'll probably be working elsewhere by the time they do.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe you guys appeared far too aggressive in your interviews? I mean, if you are posting this topic full of "**** U" and whatnot, how do you think you'd react if a customer was really pissing you off? You gonna punch them in the face and tell 'em to get f'd?

Learn from ur mistakes. heck I got rejected from several places before I got a job offer. It happens so don't worry. Try to figure out why you didn't get in, and if you can't figure it out, try emailing or asking them nicely and maybe they can offer you a few pointers; but it's not an obligation to them to do so. Best wishes in future job interviews.

mondayitis

Has anyone here gone for a CML traineeship? From the sounds of things... I hope they don't treat their trainee applicants the same way as the christmas casuals, coz otherwise I won't be holding my breath (go penrith council go)

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i only got like 50 something % in that test...went to the group interview, wasnt too outgoing. then had a store interview...just answered the questions with the bullshit they like, u know "the customer is always right", "i like to work in a team", "i would like to advance my career in coles myer"...all that crap and got offered a job that afternoon. i think some people are too outgoing at the group interview...they use this to assess your interactions within a group and if ur talking over the top of people, they are going to think that you will be like that to customers and disrespectful to managers. just take it easy and be yourself...really, if you dont get the job, its not the end of the world.
keep on trying...and coles myer is a good company to work for, despite the posts of some obviously disgruntled workers

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I meant to ask when doing group interviews and so on, are you applying for a place at like Target or something? I find it hard to believe that to get a job at Coles or Target you need to pass all these tests... well, if it's true, then wow that's really good! Never realised it was so tough to get a job in retail.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
I meant to ask when doing group interviews and so on, are you applying for a place at like Target or something? I find it hard to believe that to get a job at Coles or Target you need to pass all these tests... well, if it's true, then wow that's really good! Never realised it was so tough to get a job in retail.
Could you please rephrase in more detail, and preferably perfect English so that I can understand what it is that you're asking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)