F*ck you Coles Myer (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i just got a job at big w
and my woolies has just hired 10 people
you have to know when to apply
then again my friend applied onlione for a job at woolies months ago and totally 4got about it and they called her last week and she got the job

Collin

HSC
N/A
Don't know about the other ColesMyer subsidiaries but I know alot of Officeworks stores are short staffed right now. Infact, my particular store are short in every single department (which sucks for me -_-)... reason being uni is back and many people who get their new timetables discover that it's no longer in sync with their job's availability requirements so that even some are 'forced' to resign.. and many others just can't bf with it and quit anyway. Well, that's the case with our particular store. Hence right now isn't actually a bad time in my opinion.

Best time is before Christmas and around beginning of Feb, imo. Before Christmas they need alot of casuals so they hire you on a temporary contract. But because many leave at around Feb for uni/school etc. they also tend to retain alot of temporaries (if you're good).. and for that reason (lots of people leaving around Feb) also they tend to hire many new people around Feb too (how I got in).

Good luck.

Last edited:

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Rayanaldo said:
I just got an email saying that my application was unsuccessful.

WTF for?

I had my group interview 2 weeks ago. I went there relaxed, spoke clearly, participated well enough in the group discussions, handed in my resume and other awards i achieved, but they still didn't accept me.

Since i go to uni 4 days a week (finish @ 10am on Tuesday and have Wednesday off), i put my availability on Tuesday, Wednesday and the weekend. I put previous experience working in a family business around 5-6 years ago.

But thats still not good enough for those bastards. Should i email the recruitment officer (Igor) and tell him why i was unsuccessful or should i abuse him?

I'm still without a job. I'm so bloody pissed off.

A big F*CK YOU to Coles Myer and i hope you go bankrupt in the near future.

Your a lucky one, ask almost any person who works for coles myer and they will most probably tell you (at least all KMart or Target staff I know, except managers) that you are lucky not to get accepted and that if they had thier lives over, they would have loved to have been rejected!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol holidays over :( dont really need a job :p (but would love the $$$$ though :))
gahhh.. still waiting for them to match me up with a job.

takes agessss...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i just did the online assessment......i dont see how ne of that is relevant to stacking shelves or folding clothes or operating a checkout

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Katie123 said:
i just did the online assessment......i dont see how ne of that is relevant to stacking shelves or folding clothes or operating a checkout
I did that about three weeks ago...it seems pointless doesn't it...and I found out they only started checking my references this week...they are so slow

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Hmmm so they sent me an e-mail about a 'group final selection session', what does that involve? Is it just like the first group interview?

JUB JUB

HSC
what kind of questions do they ask you in the group interview?

P

pLuvia

man nothing.. that just make u introduce yourself.. then give you activities to do.. i hate coles

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
JUB JUB said:
they must ask u something, isn't it an interview?

what r the activities?
there is a huge thread on this, have a search for it

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
for my initial group interview @ parra, it was things such as :

*introduction of yourself as well as anyway in the world you would want to go and why.

*a group activity about production promotion.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Firstly, be cheery. They love bubbly people, so if you're not really, act like it.

Second, if you can't figure out what to say, make it look like you're thinking about what you're saying. Like that "hmmmm" look. Yes that sounds weird but hopefully you get what I mean :rolleyes: lol

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Firstly, be cheery. They love bubbly people, so if you're not really, act like it.

Second, if you can't figure out what to say, make it look like you're thinking about what you're saying. Like that "hmmmm" look. Yes that sounds weird but hopefully you get what I mean :rolleyes: lol

Finland Ahoy!

HSC
Seriously, to everyone working themselves up over Coles - DON'T. Take my word for it, I just escaped after a year and a half in their god awful clutches. Now if you're a uni student and not getting in, as most of you seem to be, it's got nothing to do with you. Pretty much all of their new employees were as close to the minimum age as you could get. Lower pay and so much easier to intimidate. And despite their massive selection procedure, half the people they hire are complete morons. The amount of people that I trained that didn't recognise veges like celery and broccoli...you don' t need to be a genius to be a checkout chick but these people were amazed when I did things like work out the change from a five dollar note. Don't worry, they go through staff at such a rate of knots that you'll be considered senior after a few months, so you'll get to train your own little batch of dimwits. Anyway I could go on for hours about the delights of working for coles myer, message me if you feel you need a little personalised discouragement

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Finland Ahoy! said:
Seriously, to everyone working themselves up over Coles - DON'T. Take my word for it, I just escaped after a year and a half in their god awful clutches. Now if you're a uni student and not getting in, as most of you seem to be, it's got nothing to do with you. Pretty much all of their new employees were as close to the minimum age as you could get. Lower pay and so much easier to intimidate. And despite their massive selection procedure, half the people they hire are complete morons. The amount of people that I trained that didn't recognise veges like celery and broccoli...you don' t need to be a genius to be a checkout chick but these people were amazed when I did things like work out the change from a five dollar note. Don't worry, they go through staff at such a rate of knots that you'll be considered senior after a few months, so you'll get to train your own little batch of dimwits. Anyway I could go on for hours about the delights of working for coles myer, message me if you feel you need a little personalised discouragement
I'd have gone there I think.. But Big W called me first. :D
GOGO Woolies!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Finland Ahoy! said:
Pfft.. we all know Coles Myer has the best team.. because Mr. Fletcher said so! *lolol*

DooGseY

HSC
Finland Ahoy! said:
Pretty much all of their new employees were as close to the minimum age as you could get.
Not always true. I got hired a few months ago with 6 other people, and everyone but myself was in the 21 and over bracket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)