Fallen in love with a friend? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Latley, i have fallen in love with my guy best friend. We spend alot of time together, and talk HEAPS.
He used to like me at some point last year but i was too stupid to tell him that i only saw him as a friend. It put quite alot of akwardness on our relationship but now we are back to the fantastic friendship we have before. And only now have i realised how much i DO like him. I know..stupid me...
The thing is he wants to ask this girl in year 8 out!! And hes in year 11. She jsut turned 13..but he seems to like her very much..however sometimes he is confused on his feelings so i find myself thinking that i mgiht still have a chance. He has come very close to asking her out..but still hasnt made the step. Should i tell him how i feel before all is lost? Or should i keep it to myself and try to forget it and jsut be happy with the friendship we have now???

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Find out why he's confused about his feelings with the year 8 girl. Love knows no boundaries, or so they say, so I doubt age is a problem for him. Or perhaps it is. Find out!

A lot of people would tell you to tell him, and I'm in agreement. CARPE DIEM (or seize the day...) you may be the reason he's having second thoughts about the year 8 girl.

Has he given you any indication that his feelings for you from last year, still exist? little signs perhaps?

All in all, tell him how you feel. If your friendship is as strong as you say it is, you declaring your feelings for him shouldn't change this. It will be awkward at the beginning. And you may feel stupid. But if you guys are meant to be friends, it shouldn't change anything.

good luck!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I love it when people throw such a lovely word as love around without having any idea what it is.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
Love knows no boundaries, or so they say, so I doubt age is a problem for him.
Well technically, love has a legal boundary up to the age of 16 :p

HSC
fly.away.fairy said:
Latley, i have fallen in love with my guy best friend. We spend alot of time together, and talk HEAPS.
He used to like me at some point last year but i was too stupid to tell him that i only saw him as a friend. It put quite alot of akwardness on our relationship but now we are back to the fantastic friendship we have before. And only now have i realised how much i DO like him. I know..stupid me...
The thing is he wants to ask this girl in year 8 out!! And hes in year 11. She jsut turned 13..but he seems to like her very much..however sometimes he is confused on his feelings so i find myself thinking that i mgiht still have a chance. He has come very close to asking her out..but still hasnt made the step. Should i tell him how i feel before all is lost? Or should i keep it to myself and try to forget it and jsut be happy with the friendship we have now???
Its very rare that good friends actually fall for eachother, I thought that ladder theory was foolproof :(

I'd tell him how you feel if I was you, I've fallen for close friends twice and both got the stock answer "I want us too be friends only"- worst bit was the second tiem i tried she actually liked me but I don't know swayed her the other way?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If he is in year 11 and likes someone in year 8 he is a pedo and you need to stop being his friend.

speedie

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If he is in year 11 and likes someone in year 8 he is a pedo and you need to stop being his friend.
hahahahahahahahahaa i agree
theres like a 3/4 year age difference.....................................................pedo!

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
fly.away.fairy said:
My advice is keep it to yourself... its easier to find someone to fall in love with then a good true friend.
Otherwise stop thinking about a stupid thing... just tell him... he definately still likes you... if you truely like him that way... you got more to gain then to lose... and the odds are with you.

Undertoad

HSC
If you are sure that you like him and its not just a bit of jealousy cause he's remotely interested in another girl instead of you, then tell him. Yes, seize the day (even though i wont :p) and if he doesnt like you anymore then with some work you should be able to get back to how you are now cause u did it before!

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
going out with a mate is such a bad idea.

plus the fact that he's about to ask some 13 year old girl out shows hes kinda weird.

Gangels

HSC
Just fukin do it. If it doesnt happen and he wants to go out with a 13 year old then that dude has problems. How else will you know if it will work if you dont ask him. If it fucks up then it does and if he's to stupid to not still be freinds with you then he's just even more fucked than i though.

Good luck with that

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
well, i told my bf how i feel, n then he told me how he felt too. i'd say do it, before it get's late, because, if you at least know that he has some interest in you, more than just friends interest, you might have a beautiful thing, and might be upset about why you didnt tell him, after letting him go.BUT....now he likes someone else, so you need to think carefully..you need to know if he really does like her, or if he's doing it to make you feel jelous maybe? or if he's trying to get over you....lol......you know.....just ask around, if he's a good friend, i don't think you'll lose anything after telling him that you like him, he'll probably say he's not interested and tell you to get over it.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Gangels said:
Just fukin do it. If it doesnt happen and he wants to go out with a 13 year old then that dude has problems. How else will you know if it will work if you dont ask him. If it fucks up then it does and if he's to stupid to not still be freinds with you then he's just even more fucked than i though.

Good luck with that
*agrees whole-<3-edly.* You never know until you try!!! Thinking about it won't bring anything about.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Friends?

hmm this can be a dangerous There are many things to consider.
All I will say is teh following.

Just remember, if you go for it and fail, your friendship will most likely cease to be.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
Friends?

hmm this can be a dangerous There are many things to consider.
All I will say is teh following.

Just remember, if you go for it and fail, your friendship will most likely cease to be.
yes i had lost a friendship with this girl that i "liked" because of this case. everything just changed and the way we looked at each other was just so different. anyways if you are really serious and determined about it, i say go for it ! and btw when did your feelings for him develop? if it had began to develop when you found out that he liked this girl in year 8, then i can say its just jealously like undertoad said. nevertheless good luck =]

HSC
:)
hopeles5ly said:
and btw when did your feelings for him develop? if it had began to develop when you found out that he liked this girl in year 8, then i can say its just jealously like undertoad said. nevertheless good luck =]
Well, i think i ihad feelings for him last year but was too scared to admit it, but they became more strong this year... here goes the story
"We went iceskating with a group of friends, then we started holiding hands and "training" asif we were figure skaters and we were having lots of fun and i jsut looked at him and realised thati actualy did like him"

I know, cliche movie kinda sotry but thats EXACTLY what happened...and then after that i jsut sorta realised that i actually liked him for ages....hm..hope that answers your question

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Are you sure you actually like him? You're really putting your friendship on the line and a question you should ask yourself is, once you cross the line, can you ever go back? Some people can be great friends but once you get involved with them, things get really complicated and you might suddenly see all the bad sides of his personality and realise that both of you really don't match...Good luck anyways~! :D:D

Last edited:

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
Haha year 8.

Imagine if you 'lost' out to a 13 year old girl.

That'd shit on your parade.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
fly.away.fairy said:
:)

Well, i think i ihad feelings for him last year but was too scared to admit it, but they became more strong this year... here goes the story
"We went iceskating with a group of friends, then we started holiding hands and "training" asif we were figure skaters and we were having lots of fun and i jsut looked at him and realised thati actualy did like him"

I know, cliche movie kinda sotry but thats EXACTLY what happened...and then after that i jsut sorta realised that i actually liked him for ages....hm..hope that answers your question
there have been times when i have become closer to some of my friends and then SOMETIMES feelings began to develop. however they usually don't last and i just realise that i "liked" that person only because i had became closer with her, established a growing bond and because of that i felt a great sense of joy when talking and being around her. thus i confused myself with "liking" her and the security of knowing that i had a friend whom i can trust.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Sounds like you've spent alot of time in the boys locker room "hopeles5ly":mad1:

....Feelings are for the weak... bitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)