Fallen in love with a friend? (1 Viewer)

olchik

HSC
May be you'll better to try to know about his feelings to you. Some indirect questions may help... And then you'll be able to decide what to do..

taki999

HSC
^ lol..yeah that would be pretty bad. If you really love him that much i think it worth fighting for then. Dont let instent minding talk over you. If you dont really like him then there is always another out there. Or you could study more?:)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
withoutaface said:
I love it when people throw such a lovely word as love around without having any idea what it is.
one could thus argue that no one has an idea of what love is. What is love then? The 'love' i felt at 15, is different to the 'love' I felt at 18, etc. But now we're getting too philosophical.

AsyLum said:
Well technically, love has a legal boundary up to the age of 16 :p
like sif u listen to that :p
technically, SEX has a legal boundary...love does not.

to the thread starter: friends falling in love happens a lot. especially if you guys are close and spend lots of time together. you're friends with them because you like things about them, so it's only natural you'd feel more for them. i still think u should let him know. and like i said, if ur friendship is strong enough, it'll withstand all the embarrasment.

if you definitely know he's not interested, best not to wear your heart on your sleeve :)

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
fly.away.fairy said:
Latley, i have fallen in love with my guy best friend. We spend alot of time together, and talk HEAPS.
He used to like me at some point last year but i was too stupid to tell him that i only saw him as a friend. It put quite alot of akwardness on our relationship but now we are back to the fantastic friendship we have before. And only now have i realised how much i DO like him. I know..stupid me...
The thing is he wants to ask this girl in year 8 out!! And hes in year 11. She jsut turned 13..but he seems to like her very much..however sometimes he is confused on his feelings so i find myself thinking that i mgiht still have a chance. He has come very close to asking her out..but still hasnt made the step. Should i tell him how i feel before all is lost? Or should i keep it to myself and try to forget it and jsut be happy with the friendship we have now???
tell him how you fell! do ittttt
if he liked you at some point, then it may still be there
he's only moved on, because u obviously didnt give him any recognition!
he will either, be MORE confused on what to do. ie. year 8 girl + you
he will tell you, sorry i dont see you as a friend, you had your chance.. and it will go back to ackwardness
he will go out with the girl, and ditch you all together (ah! we dont want that)

jst tell him how you feeeeel and hope for the best!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grk_styl said:
one could thus argue that no one has an idea of what love is. What is love then? The 'love' i felt at 15, is different to the 'love' I felt at 18, etc. But now we're getting too philosophical.
Personally I've never been in love, though I have of late changed my opinion on its existence, however what really shits me are people that have been going out for three days declaring that they're in love with each other.

flexistrut

HSC
i think you should tell him you like him. chances are if he used to like you and supressed it, he still has feelings for you . . . . what have you got to loose?!?!?!

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
flexistrut said:
what have you got to loose?!?!?!
A close friend...

nothing is more better then a close friend.... cause friends are eternal... you know? you coudl fight or whatever.. and still if you needed that persons help they would help you.... and vice versa...

Love is out their... but love doesnt come in a day... it comes over time.. liek the love you develop with your family...(why else do you think arranged "type" marriages hardly ever end up in divorce? and they usually love each other deeply?... its simple... cause love needs to be develloped it doesnt come overnight.

Probably just a silly infatuation... (which is probably.. more powerful.. you feel it more then you do love... but oh well)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
withoutaface said:
Personally I've never been in love, though I have of late changed my opinion on its existence, however what really shits me are people that have been going out for three days declaring that they're in love with each other.
true, and it use to shit me too. but now i laugh at them. they're understanding of "love" is clearly not mature. but hey, let them have their fun. they'll laugh at themselves when they'e 20....shit, i'm getting old.

sam04u said:
A close friend...

nothing is more better then a close friend.... cause friends are eternal... you know? you coudl fight or whatever.. and still if you needed that persons help they would help you.... and vice versa...
why would she lose his friendship? if they are such good friends, they should be able to overcome this. true that friends are eternal, and if their friendship doesn't survive this, then it tells me there is a bit of an immaturity problem. so he doesn't feel the same way, well you move on, and you continue enjhoying his friendship. if you can't be with the one you love, you might as well be their friend rather than not have them at all!

Sandez

Hay Guys
HSC
withoutaface said:
I'd say thats your reason for having a cynical view buddy.

Not trying to be offensive or critical, but I tend not to make comments about something I have no experience of (within the limits of reason, of course).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sandez said:
I'd say thats your reason for having a cynical view buddy.

Not trying to be offensive or critical, but I tend not to make comments about something I have no experience of (within the limits of reason, of course).
Having spent 5 of the last 6 or so months in relationships, I think I have enough experience in the field to know its next to impossible to fall in love with someone in a couple of days.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
azzie said:
you can think you're in love after two days, but you arent. thats what we call "infatuation"
You and Stef must be, like, the only two reasonable females on bos.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I call a point of order on the basis that that's an understatement.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
there are some girls that i know who would seriously skip my eye out in public because they look pretty average realistically. however, since i know how fun they are and their personalities, i think they are about 9.3 times cos(pi +2) sexier.

there's really only 1 option you have, and that's for both of you to fuck. after about 2 weeks, when you don't speak to each other, you'll realise it was worth it. because having sex makes you feel worth it... 'cause maybe it's maybeline

dodgyfilokid

HSC
I've went through the same predicament before. I fell in love with one of my good friends. I told her and she accepted it but when I tried to push it to the next level ( I mean ask her out), she buckled and said that she wasn't ready yet. That really hit me coz I thought that she was the one and it took me ages to get over it. The same thing happened months later when I started liking my mate's ex. She knew but she was just brushing it aside; it got to the point that I even was willing to schedule my birthday dinner a day earlier so that she can attend it and then ask her out on that night. After months she finally said no coz she was goin out wit this bloke that she knew from her cousin. So yeh its too much trouble for me

HSC
Well thanx for all your comments! I actually went and did it! I told him!!:eek: I was really freaked out!! But im happy i did it...because yay! He likes me too! So we are going to go on a date...well a picnic really..to be mroe original than those who go to the movies:) And im really happy that i told him..yay!!
Well, thanx for all ur comments!!
Luv u all!!
Nat

sourlemong

HSC
fly.away.fairy said:
Well thanx for all your comments! I actually went and did it! I told him!!:eek: I was really freaked out!! But im happy i did it...because yay! He likes me too! So we are going to go on a date...well a picnic really..to be mroe original than those who go to the movies:) And im really happy that i told him..yay!!
Well, thanx for all ur comments!!
Luv u all!!
Nat
OMG congrats!! :wave: Thats great news!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)