Filing a complaint to the BOS (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
Winston, I know exactly what you're going through. I have an IPT teacher that doesn't know the difference between a scanner and a printer. His idea of teaching is to hand out a dotpoint every lesson and assign us to computers to "surf the net" for the answers.
We've told the head teacher, we've gone to the principal, and it has done nothing. It certainly is unfair when students have to be their own teacher, and have no-one to ask for help, but if you're really worried about it and have had no assistance from the head teacher or the principal, then I think there'd be no harm in asking the Board of Studies for advice.

thanks honky tonk and Lazarus

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i still believe that students are responsible for their own education
i highly doubt bos will step in but yes advice may be given
but if your complaining about teachers not teachin everything then i think that over 50% of teachers should be fired

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
do u have a studies co ordinator? or if ur vice does that go to him/her. then the principal. i don't think the bos could do anything about it - if nothing is done maybe you'll just have to get notes off the other class.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Lazarus: what is the possibility of getting a special disadvantage benefits?? do you need a extreme special reason? im not trying to argue, im just seeing if i can find ways for myself ;) if not well too bad .. and isn't the info you posted before NEW HSC?

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Lazarus
I'm not sure why so many people have been misinformed.
we are continuously told at school that it is our responsibilty entirely to do what, realistically, should be the teachers.

is a roflcopter
HSC
most of the posts in this thread arnt even rational

maybe its the tension of trials :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
we are continuously told at school that it is our responsibilty entirely to do what, realistically, should be the teachers.
yeah same, otherwise everyone would go to the BOS i spose

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
hmmm..id say occasionaly the leading teacher brings it up, but I learnt about it from my physics tutor, who is an ex-teacher..

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by iambored
yeah same, otherwise everyone would go to the BOS i spose
and, now they have someone else to 'blame'.

altho i do agree with how studying should be our responsibility IMHO

is a roflcopter
HSC
maybe thats the problem with using external exams......you get stuff teachers havent taught

studying is our responsibility, but we can only study what we've been taught by our teachers

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Lazarus: what is the possibility of getting a special disadvantage benefits?? do you need a extreme special reason? im not trying to argue, im just seeing if i can find ways for myself ;) if not well too bad .. and isn't the info you posted before NEW HSC?
You need to be able to demonstrate that you have actually been disadvantaged by circumstances outside of your control. You've got nothing to lose by applying, if you're in doubt.

If you'd taken a mere two seconds to visit the page I posted, you would have seen (written in very big letters right at the top) the words: <b>"The New Higher School Certificate"</b>. :) Irrespective of that, however, would there be any logical reason for changing the appeal process with the new HSC? ;)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
ahhh icic

i thought the info you posted was from that website, (link) so i didn't bother clicking on it

sorry for the time wasted on repying to my previous post laz :)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
most of the posts in this thread arnt even rational

maybe its the tension of trials :)
tension indeed

stressssss

Winston

HSC
maybe thats the problem with using external exams......you get stuff teachers havent taught

studying is our responsibility, but we can only study what we've been taught by our teachers

yeah exactly

i couldnt possible study something not even taught

we dont have any text books to at least read through

there is no real one

unlesss i go out and by those shabby TAFE IT text books which would be rather silly

i always study ahead

but for IT, in this circumstances the modules which is kind of like the syllabus is not clear enough to state what to study

i mean say for food tech, or maths u can study that cause u have the text book and topic by topic, but this subject would be impossible

unless if the teacher had said before hand that u should look up the following topics ill be happy to do so

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
well folks, we've all learnt a valuable lesson... now lets soothe our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream!

the moral to this story:

trial exams make learning fun!

*cough*

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
then if they don't take any action

should my last result be BOS?
umm... that wouldn't help much. they would only see you as an irresponsible and immature student.

Let me ask you one thing, are those questions within the syllabus dot point? because if they are, it's useless to complain your case.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

yeah and thats half the reason most subjects have text books, but if u dont have a textbook it can be hard

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by Winston

unlesss i go out and by those shabby TAFE IT text books
If they have your course in it, then its good u get it and make sure youve know everything before the hsc exam..

Pudgedog

our teacher didnt teach us the course.
no i didnt go learn it by myself either, and found myself rather screwed when i did my IT exam.
im not really complaining, after meeting my teacher youd realise that you didnt really expect any better from him.

though i am rather angry, i dont need teachers spoon feeding me information, but for it to be on the plate would be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)