Finals coming up >:( (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If people want to leave early, let them.

Personally, my advice is to stay until the very last second possible, just to check and re-check answers. You'll never know what you might find.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
If people want to leave early, let them.

Personally, my advice is to stay until the very last second possible, just to check and re-check answers. You'll never know what you might find.
+1, dont get me wrong im not saying people shouldnt check their answers. But if people have checked their answers more than 2-3 times and theres still half an hour to go, whats the point of checking again

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
+1, dont get me wrong im not saying people shouldnt check their answers. But if people have checked their answers more than 2-3 times and theres still half an hour to go, whats the point of checking again
I'd suggest checking again.

Unless you're confident of getting 100% in the exam - then I don't think there's really a reason to leave early. That question which you labelled "can't do", you never know - the trick to it might come to you at the last second.

Happened to me in my MATH1241 exam, I was like 'wtf is this' to one particular question - and then in the last minute I figured out how to do it and scribbled down an answer quickly.

bladeys

HSC
N/A

Unless you're confident of getting 100% in the exam - then I don't think there's really a reason to leave early. That question which you labelled "can't do", you never know - the trick to it might come to you at the last second.

Happened to me in my MATH1241 exam, I was like 'wtf is this' to one particular question - and then in the last minute I figured out how to do it and scribbled down an answer quickly.
It really comes down to what you perceive your marginal benefit to be. Unless youre one of those scholarship students or a student who is at risk of failing a course, 1 extra mark in a final exam generally isnt worth much to most students. Lets face it, its university its time to party who cares about getting 1 extra mark

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It really comes down to what you perceive your marginal benefit to be. Unless youre one of those scholarship students or a student who is at risk of failing a course, 1 extra mark in a final exam generally isnt worth much to most students. Lets face it, its university its time to party who cares about getting 1 extra mark
Exactly, one extra mark in a final isn't worth much to most students. But most students don't particularly care about uni and perfectly content in scraping passes.

For the academic achievers here however, I'd suggest staying back though.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Exactly so those who leave early are ignorant idiots who obviously don't care and serve only to annoy those with the brains and humility to sit there checking based on the assumption that they ARE wrong somewhere.
Q.E.D
End Of Discussion/
Generally if you can finish an exam before your time is up youre smarter than people who dont finish their exams.
Wah wah people are leaving the exam room and it annoys me wah wah
Okay boss

HSC
Uni Grad

Were you talking about the golden ratio thingo?

horny unicorn

HSC
Exactly so those who leave early are ignorant idiots who obviously don't care and serve only to annoy those with the brains and humility to sit there checking based on the assumption that they ARE wrong somewhere.
Q.E.D
End Of Discussion/
jesus christ matthew goodwin
what the fuck is wrong with you

Jonneeh

HSC
How was it?
I thought it was hard, but that said i never paid any attention to physics.
I'd say we've seen 1/3 of the questions before in one form or another. If only I actually did them ><"
attempted~3/4 left out Q3or 4 whichever was the torque question (25 marks down the drain).
Hopefully a pass, then no more physics yay

Sidenote: Exam was delayed ~1hr due to power failure =.=

HSC
I thought it was hard, but that said i never paid any attention to physics.
I'd say we've seen 1/3 of the questions before in one form or another. If only I actually did them ><"
attempted~3/4 left out Q3or 4 whichever was the torque question (25 marks down the drain).
Hopefully a pass, then no more physics yay

Sidenote: Exam was delayed ~1hr due to power failure =.=
question 1, 4 and 5 i was relatively okay with

but 2 and 3 (apart from some definitions/simple things + fudge marks) were just terrible (for me at least)

Jonneeh

HSC
question 1, 4 and 5 i was relatively okay with

but 2 and 3 (apart from some definitions/simple things + fudge marks) were just terrible (for me at least)
Saw question 1 and ways OMFG YES!(*#^@!*

Then Q 2 =.= FML, 3 Kill me now, 4 Dead.

But if you actually have done the work i think it wouldn't have been that hard, like not a complete arse pull.

For that question with the mass on a string hitting another mass into the air.
I started writing random stuff, then oddly enough they all came together and got me an answer. I was so proud even though i probably got it wrong.

that delay was unbearable
Tell me about it, just wanted to get it over and done with, the lights came on like after 10 minutes but we had to keep waiting. Then by the time were finished its freezing outside =.=

IamBread

HSC
How was it?
Not to bad, question 5 was annoying because it made me draw 5 sin waves -.-

And it got delayed for an hr for some reason. Something about power failure in some other tents, so we had to wait so we all started at once. But the other 1131 group started on time so Idk...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)