Finished Major Work? Started Reflection Statement? (1 Viewer)

E

Empyrean444

Are you being specific about the effects of rhyme and metre in each poem??.. or just using a few as examples??.. or just speaking about rhyme/metre generally??
Generally. Structural devices don't exactly have 'specific' examples of effect.
What metrical/rhyme forms?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
whooo finished my reflection today whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. It was perfect so happy so happy so happy. now i just have to do my last couple of journal entries and i am done for the year. whoooooooooo hooooooooooooooo :D

(P.S. sorry if it sounds boastful, just really happy that this subject is over)

diametric

HSC
congrats marcquelle!
the rest of us, i think, are just getting there.
sent in my final draft of my major work to my teacher yesterday (though, i still want to make some minor alterations ^_^)
and still working on reflection statement, and its 5.30am. gahh.

and about the footnotes?
i only have one. i think the RS itself should document the texts you used. perhaps in terms of a critical response, footnotes would be an easier option because of the vast amount of research conducted, but really, i dont see the need for 40 texts when composing a short story, because all you need to research is the concept + medium.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Congrats marquelle! I hope that's the way I'll be feeling tomorrow evening.

and about the footnotes?
i only have one. i think the RS itself should document the texts you used. perhaps in terms of a critical response, footnotes would be an easier option because of the vast amount of research conducted, but really, i dont see the need for 40 texts when composing a short story, because all you need to research is the concept + medium.
My reflection statement (for a short story) currently contains around 10 footnotes, but I do still need to cut down on my word count so who knows if some of those references might just have to go.

Though, in standards packages / showcase, I have seen many examples of short story reflections with no footnotes and very little reference to actual texts that have influenced them! I swear, I just don't understand how this subject is marked half the time or what to do to achieve a high band response.

:bomb:

E

Empyrean444

Congrats marquelle! I hope that's the way I'll be feeling tomorrow evening.

My reflection statement (for a short story) currently contains around 10 footnotes, but I do still need to cut down on my word count so who knows if some of those references might just have to go.

Though, in standards packages / showcase, I have seen many examples of short story reflections with no footnotes and very little reference to actual texts that have influenced them! I swear, I just don't understand how this subject is marked half the time or what to do to achieve a high band response.

:bomb:
Surely footnotes don't count towards the word limit? (because if they do, it is an unspeakable idiocy).

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Yeah. I've been trying to cut down my Reflection statement, but i'm finding it extremely hard, since i have alluded to so many other poets...
Like, i have one poem that alludes to William Wordsworth... and i find it hard to support the connection, without comparing quotations from my work to his.
Needless to say.. it's eating away at my word count!!!!!!!!
:burn:

Are you being specific about the effects of rhyme and metre in each poem??.. or just using a few as examples??.. or just speaking about rhyme/metre generally??
I'm wholly free verse, so I have no real discussion on rhyme/metre. Although I do have some on experimentation of form and all that icky postmodern stuff.

I haven't obviously alluded to any poets, its more subtle, so i'm not sure that it's worth trying to explain something in my RS which is truly such a small part of it all. It kinda seems the more references you have the better, but what if those references are seemingly unnecessary?

PS- are you quoting yourself in the RS?

PPS- can someone give me an idea of how to conclude. I've finished, but my conclusion is seriously a crock of shit...it's terrible. Ideas anyone?

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
you should try to quote your work and analyse it a bit, don't go over the board. mention the experience whether you found it rewarding. i have no footnotes in mine, but i have a couple at the end of mw. And with the conclusion, just basically say how it helped you with the module/s you extended from (mine was belonging so i just said how it made me understand it better) and just a one line comment on how you feel now that your done.

diametric

HSC
^ This.

Still adding stuff here and there; I had completely forgotten to justify my selection of the short story as my medium! :O

And, it keeps fluctuating between 1500 and 1600 and as I add, summarise, add again, and so on. Vicious, vicious cycle.

(AND STILL! MW STUFF TO EDIT. AND JOURNAL TO TAKE OUT AFTER 3 MONTHS. FAST FORWARD TO FRIDAY MORNING, PLEASE).

jess39

HSC
It's done!

This is amazing.

Okay, so I still have a bit to add to my journal from the past few weeks. But my story is done, my RS is done (and within the word count!). krjgrwhgvbwiu.

'Tis a good feeling.

accio.brain

HSC
I'm amazingly in the word count for the RS now, I cut out like 200 words...

And my teacher made the fabulous decision of going on HOLIDAY the week before it's due. It's great timing, really.

bex255

HSC
So where exactly do we place the bibliography? Do we need to attatch a word count?
And is it necessary to bind our major work or can we just staple it? If so, do we staple/bind the major work, bibliography and reflection statement together or in seperate sections?
Sorry I haven't really gotten any confirmation from my teacher about the actual presentation.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Will start reflection statement tomorrow.

Yes, the day before, I know. /panic-attack

Estimating a mark of 38<

diametric

HSC
I called the BOS today,
and they said "it wouldn't hurt" to include a bibliography for the short story, and you should simply add it to the end of the RS.

accio.brain

HSC
So where exactly do we place the bibliography? Do we need to attatch a word count?
And is it necessary to bind our major work or can we just staple it? If so, do we staple/bind the major work, bibliography and reflection statement together or in seperate sections?
Sorry I haven't really gotten any confirmation from my teacher about the actual presentation.
Ditto this. Anyone?

I called the BOS today,
and they said "it wouldn't hurt" to include a bibliography for the short story, and you should simply add it to the end of the RS.
Mm... Interesting. I want mine all bound together but the school does it, my teacher's away on holiday and the sub doesn't really know much. But she said the story was bound, but she doesn't think the RS is... which is weird and tacky. And she had no idea what to do with the Bibliography or the word count =.=

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
it is better if it is bound. Your biblio can go with either your RS or at the back of your journal.
If you bind youshould also try to get an acetate sheet attached to the front for safety. And for anyone that is sending thing on a disc they suggest that you send a back-up disc incase something happens in transit that way you have added the extra precuationary measure incase the unfortunate happens.

RS total word count for me is 1096 words so mine is near the minimum requirement. The girl who did it at my school last years though was 1001 words. lols

diametric

HSC
I'M DONE!
REFLECTION STATEMENT AND MAJOR WORK COMPLETE!

Now some questions on representation:

Should I bind the Major Work and Reflection Statement into the one document? Or two separate documents? If together, I'm just gonna attach the bibliography to the back of all of it (which is, lol, at 35+ texts).

accio.brain

HSC
Ok thanks. Though I'm not sure I trust my school to bind it nicely =.=
My gosh, tmrw's going to be one hectic afternoon.

Do we attach a word count anywhere? For either MW or RS

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I know none of you are doing poetry, but does anyone reckon its worth me making a bibliography as well?

Good luck everyone, the submission day is so soon. It's nearly over! (WOOO!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)