first day worst day (1 Viewer)

jenecis

HSC
no, unfortunately. Are you in any of these: foundation of law, microeco, quantitative method A, accounting and financial managament?
Hey, hey! I'm a first year Comm/Law student too and yeah, you share all the same subjects as me, dunno about the timetabling though.

Anyway, don't feel too bad. I'm sure if you are a genuinely nice person, you'll make heaps of friends - just give it time. If you want, pm me and we can meet up some time (you might even be in some of my classes!). I'm the only person at my school doing law at UNSW so I don't know anyone there (albeit a few very distant acquaintances but I've signed up for Law Camp to meet new people), and got some friends at Commerce, which is not necessarily a good thing.... (haha, jks).

Looking forward to seeing you around! :)

nunasdream

HSC
no, unfortunately. Are you in any of these: foundation of law, microeco, quantitative method A, accounting and financial managament?
Sadly no! i'm only doing the UPP this semester, so I only do Genl2031.

KoreaS

HSC
i feel lonely :/ I moved to Australia from NZ and I don't know anyone! I went to my law lecture and so many people seemed to know each other. OP: Are you taking GENL2031?
Are you Korean? 'nunasdream' seems like a Korean name (specifically nuna lol) so just wondering.

If you are, there is KSA (Korean Society Association) meeting/introduction this Thursday in some hotel (I think - have to get the details...). I'm thinking of going too because I too am pretty much a 'loner' in the uni (I don't know any 'friends' from my faculty and only few people from other as I've transferred from UTS).

Like the OP said, most of students in my class seemed to know each other quite well. So pretty hard to get to know them. :haha:

hero.

HSC
N/A
The other alternative is minimise the number of days you are at university and go do something else for the remainder of the week e.g part time work and find your "companions" there.

nunasdream

HSC
Are you Korean? 'nunasdream' seems like a Korean name (specifically nuna lol) so just wondering.

If you are, there is KSA (Korean Society Association) meeting/introduction this Thursday in some hotel (I think - have to get the details...). I'm thinking of going too because I too am pretty much a 'loner' in the uni (I don't know any 'friends' from my faculty and only few people from other as I've transferred from UTS).

Like the OP said, most of students in my class seemed to know each other quite well. So pretty hard to get to know them. :haha:
hehe no i'm not Korean, I just ripped the name off a song by Hyun Young (i'm sad) :D

I'll come with you if they accept Non-Koreans :haha:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I relish the chance to meet more allies and comrades.

SaLuT

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I've been told by a friend that there's an option of dropping one of the subjects to ease workload which she did, but requiring her to extend the duration of being at uni. I am considering that as an option, has anyone tried that themselves or know someone who did and would you recommend it?

Many thanks.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I've been told by a friend that there's an option of dropping one of the subjects to ease workload which she did, but requiring her to extend the duration of being at uni. I am considering that as an option, has anyone tried that themselves or know someone who did and would you recommend it?

Many thanks.
I did 2 Subjects in Summer school so for First year i had completed 60 UOC.

As a result i am half a semester ahead, so im doing a SLIGHTLY reduced workload this semester (21UOC instead of 24)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Doesn't a subject take like 1 semester to complete? Summer holiday is only 3 months? how does it work?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
but 1 subject takes up about 3-4 hrs per week of in class contact time, so with 4 subjects that takes up all days of the week.

If ur only doing 1 subject, thats more time u spend per week on that course, so u go thru quicker than during regular semester.

math1231 in summer sesh, for me, had 9 hrs of class contact per week, 3 days, 3hrs per day, as opposed to about 5hrs per week during semester 2 last year.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
So how long do summer course typically last for 1 subject? 1 month? or the entire holiday?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
8 weeks for me, with a 2 week break inbetween for xmas/new year (4 weeks before, 4 weeks after). And thats for a course with 6UoC, 3UoC courses are probably less.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Is this only for options? or core subject is okay too?

thanks for info

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Look up whatever subject in the UNSW Handbook and check in the timetable section.

math1231 was a core subject that i did in S2 and again in summer sesh, but it depends on the course, the demand of the course and the fail rate.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
i feel lonely :/ I moved to Australia from NZ and I don't know anyone! I went to my law lecture and so many people seemed to know each other. OP: Are you taking GENL2031?
GENL2031! I was really wanting to take that this semester, but it clashed... I'm going to try next semester. Are you taking it this semester?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Is this only for options? or core subject is okay too?

thanks for info
Theres a limited range of courses on offer during summer session. You shouldn't rely on making up for courses during the summer session.

This should be a list of what courses were offered in last summer:
Class Search by Session

runnable

HSC

Fret not. I do micro, QMA, acct. Heaps of chance to meet up if you want. :monkey:

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
4th day into uni still not going well:(. I have talked to my parents and I concluded that I will just follow the flow this semester hoping for nothing more than a pass. I asked my mentor and other uni people and they all say passing is pretty easy so long you put in a reasonable amount of effort but I am not really sure what they mean by that.
The course outline suggested 10 hrs per subjects a week, is that it?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)