first day worst day (1 Viewer)

shady145

Banned
HSC
hmm well im not sure if USYD gives out bonus points but hopefully they do... and if so, ill get them for Band 6s in Maths and Bio, and possibly for Band 5s in Chem and Business studies, and Band E3 in MX1

yep by car.. my parents were tightasses and didnt want to pay for plane tixx at that time of year (summer holidays)

i understand why ur mum doesnt want you to live in parra/western suburbs. i seriously hate it out here, so many dirty people, id much rather live further east.

i saw this piece of paper on a pole in broadway that was advertising an apartment in chippendale for rent, i think it was $170 a week which is pretty good. it even said "perfect for uni students" because it was close to usyd, uts and notre dame. although it might be a little further for UNSW
oh ok, goodluck :) also nice results...and ATAR

naww... long car trips are crap
i think i'll be catching a plane down to sydney... it's only $47
ahh lol doesnt sounds too good XD... hopefully there are nice people where i go :eek:

lol i have no idea certain suburbs are... i'll have to google it
thanks for the info

ive found some sites that have places fro rent but i dnt know how risky it is, because its not done through a real estate

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
gyah well i dun know anyone IRL hu is going for my course =S
however i know there are ppl in a much harder situation than i am (rural entry ppl)
and also i dun make that great a first impression, cos my sense of humour is a tad weird, i have weird hairstyle, and normally wear weird clothes LOL

philphie

Banned
HSC
oh ok, goodluck :) also nice results...and ATAR

naww... long car trips are crap
i think i'll be catching a plane down to sydney... it's only $47
ahh lol doesnt sounds too good XD... hopefully there are nice people where i go :eek:

lol i have no idea certain suburbs are... i'll have to google it
thanks for the info

ive found some sites that have places fro rent but i dnt know how risky it is, because its not done through a real estate
ask me any questions, i'm very good with sydney real estate

philphie

Banned
HSC
seriously i dont understand how some students do it. i just did a search for places for rent around USYD, and most of them were $300 for only 1 bedroom... so imagine if you wanted to share with 3 people or so, how much more expensive it would be. and you've also got to pay for groceries and other stuff. how the hell do they do it? i dont think youth allowance gives that much, and they can only work so many hours per week
trust me, a lot of them aren't that expensive. a oner bedroom for 300 would be the max you have to pay for a one bedder, normally a terrace in Balmain which is probably the most expensive suburb near usyd. it won't cost that much lol, you're scaring him

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
seriously i dont understand how some students do it. i just did a search for places for rent around USYD, and most of them were $300 for only 1 bedroom... so imagine if you wanted to share with 3 people or so, how much more expensive it would be. and you've also got to pay for groceries and other stuff. how the hell do they do it? i dont think youth allowance gives that much, and they can only work so many hours per week
lol... yea ive thought about this a bit... and, well, there are places like 100-140/week share room... with one other person... these coem with all bills paid, internet, some had spa, gym... and FREE RICE lolololol selling point right there XD
but i dnt know how reliable those sites are...
groceries... my mum recons 40/week lol... centrlink gives 377/fortnight+74rent assistance... with a few other expenses taken into account it worked out to have 30/week left over... but then there is text books :(
but i think i have that covered... the n ihave to find a part time job XD

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
trust me, a lot of them aren't that expensive. a oner bedroom for 300 would be the max you have to pay for a one bedder, normally a terrace in Balmain which is probably the most expensive suburb near usyd. it won't cost that much lol, you're scaring him
god i hope theyre not all that expensive, i was getting scared too... not that i wanna move there anytime soon, but for the future

oneday i wanna live in point piper
the houses... OMG <333

shady145

Banned
HSC
gyah well i dun know anyone IRL hu is going for my course =S
however i know there are ppl in a much harder situation than i am (rural entry ppl)
and also i dun make that great a first impression, cos my sense of humour is a tad weird, i have weird hairstyle, and normally wear weird clothes LOL
Hello... my school is jsut in the rural area XD

I'll take it... that type of money i use to get my hair done? :eek: that sounded gay :(

ask me any questions, i'm very good with sydney real estate
lol thanks, when i look more into it, i'll send you a msg

philphie

Banned
HSC
haha i absolutely hate the houses at Point Piper, they're all hotel buildings and McMAnsions. the only place in the easten suburbs i would live in would be Paddington, best kept terraces, five ways and boutiques, a cleaner newtown haha.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Work was easy to adapt to, I still think HSC is harder. But I am still a bit behind in making friends. A common problem you might notice in the forum re uni social life is the "lots of acquaintance, not enough friends" syndrome, and that's sort of what I am experiencing.

One thing I regret not doing and I strongly encourage you to do is going to O-week. That is the best time and place to make new friends.
I generally find this characterises most relationships you form at uni, and I guess you can't really expect much otherwise--people are just so busy doing their own thing. Like you, I was also very unsettled in first year because I interpreted the lack of meetup time to mean a weak friendship (kinda like high school style), which is not at all true. The true strength of a friendship is by how well you re-connect when you see each other again. The record I think was a year (a friend went on exchange), and for a non-exchange friend--a semester.

aww you should get in... get any bonus points?

:O car all the way from sydney to the goldcoast? :(

well friends just tell me its too crouded, its a shithole :eek: and other descriptions alike XD

and my mum doesnt want me living(not that its going to stop me) in the south western suburbs/near parra

thats actually what i was trying to describe :D
Inner West would be best bet for you. Cheapest area that is close to everything (city, transport, stuff to do, etc). The suburbs around UNSW may be cheap as well, I dunno, but in general SE Sydney (where UNSW is located) is more expensive than Inner West. Yeah, avoid SW Sydney and Parra if you can but if you had no choice, Parra > SW Sydney.

lala2

Banned
HSC
western suburbs aren't THAT bad

:eek:
I guess if you're accustomed to it yes but living on the North Shore what would I know? :eek: though a friend recently moved from Burwood (where she's spent all of her time in Australia in--about a decade?) to Parra and she's not impressed by the neighbourhood so it's not just me up on my tower.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I generally find this characterises most relationships you form at uni, and I guess you can't really expect much otherwise--people are just so busy doing their own thing. Like you, I was also very unsettled in first year because I interpreted the lack of meetup time to mean a weak friendship (kinda like high school style), which is not at all true. The true strength of a friendship is by how well you re-connect when you see each other again. The record I think was a year (a friend went on exchange), and for a non-exchange friend--a semester.
Apart from my gf, everyone else at uni is temporary.

western suburbs aren't THAT bad

:eek:
Leave you in MT Druitt or Blacktown in the night and then we'll see what happens.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Apart from my gf, everyone else at uni is temporary.

Leave you in MT Druitt or Blacktown in the night and then we'll see what happens.
Blacktown isn't that bad. Been to Blacktown plenty of times at night and nothing ever happened.

HSC
The suburbs around UNSW may be cheap as well,.
fail. big negative. I was talking to a chick in the lab yesterday. She is from Germany and here doing experinece for 6 months. Atm, she is paying $230/week at Bondi (and thats not even close to unsw... public tranport wise). She also doesn't hve a job atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)