Fitness & Health Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

LOLXD

HSC
new customers only :(

also what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

when will it be m y turn..

edit: unsw gym theres some old asian guy who suprisingly does standing military press with good form like a boss

and theres no heavnly blessed beauties :' (

and i wish my gym had bumper plates and oly lifting platform like unsw ):

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
there are very few, but they're always on the cardio equipment which is on the opposite end tothe weights section.
:C
unsw gym is excellent.

halapenyo

HSC
down to that last stubborn bit of belly/back fat. going to have to really clean up my diet to get rid of it.

kfnmpah

HSC
take some pre-workout, bro.
A girl I work with got some ASN define-8, takes a scoop in the morning and a scoop before a cardio sesh, droped 2% bf in like 2-3 weeks and still eats carbs and some junk food

or go on bb.com and buy green tea tabs. I got 3 x 200 tablets for like 12 bux or something when they were on special.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Had a pretty serious reaction which was partly due to my super sensitivity to caffeine (although to be fair there were a ton of other factors) so I'm trying to come up with a home made caffeine free pre workout.

Any suggestions?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
:s
coffee?
or caffeine capsules http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/pre-workout but idk how trustworthy caffeine caps or caffeine poweder would be.
if you're really sensitive then i think you should just stick to the general caffeine product that is readily and easily available to the general public, coffee, simply because it'd be the safest option.

i care about each and every one of you. please be safe and don't take drugs.
halapenyo, maybe give intermittent fasting a read. have a look at their website and read the tl;dr page that talks about the whole thing.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Citrulline Malate, L-carnitine sounds like a decent mix. Experience with all ingredients except citrulline malate (although chances are it's in a lot of the pre-workouts I've tried anyway)

Definitely put off off the shelf PWOs now. Don't get me wrong they're pretty effective but I want to get off caffeine completely. Home made is def the way to go especially since supp companies can't hide behind the whole propriety blend cloak. You also get to control the dosage which is pretty cool.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
:s
coffee?
or caffeine capsules http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/pre-workout but idk how trustworthy caffeine caps or caffeine poweder would be.
if you're really sensitive then i think you should just stick to the general caffeine product that is readily and easily available to the general public, coffee, simply because it'd be the safest option.

i care about each and every one of you. please be safe and don't take drugs.
halapenyo, maybe give intermittent fasting a read. have a look at their website and read the tl;dr page that talks about the whole thing.
It's mainly caffeine in general. Makes me very jittery and I don't feel good when consuming it. Even standard coffee or caffeine capsules.

I've always been really sensitive to it which sucks.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
well then why do you want to take caffeine/pwo when it does that to you?

just get on dat dere sandwich tech. peanut butter (crunchy recommended) and honey sandwich and a banana.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
well then why do you want to take caffeine/pwo when it does that to you?

just get on dat dere sandwich tech. peanut butter (crunchy recommended) and honey sandwich and a banana.
I don't want to take either. I want to come up with a home made "PWO", since my issue is solely with the caffeine content in them. Mainly interested in amino acids and creatine, no caffeine.

Literally lolling at sandwich tech hahaha. That's not a bad idea either. I was thinking about chucking some peanut butter and a banana into a protein shake.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
well martin berkhan from IF says take bcaas with water preworkout so i suppose you could get onto some of that there.
were you doing IF?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I tried it for like two days but I ended up stopping. I didn't like eating such large meals, it felt like such a chore. Maybe because I wasn't cutting properly on it. What I've been doing is eating 300~ calls less than maintenance and i've been slowly getting leaner while stronger and gaining some muscle. I don't think I've ever been so pleased with the rate of my results before.

Maybe if I decide to cut properly (say 500+) calls a day, I might go back to IF.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
that's good that you're getting somewhere.
but i'm pretty sure it's not possible to gain muscle while on a deficit? the energy balance doesnt make sense to me.
losing fat would give the muscles a more pronounced appearance, and i'd go out on a limb and say you're most likely adapting your cns and utilising it more efficiently.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
but i'm pretty sure it's not possible to gain muscle while on a deficit? the energy balance doesnt make sense to me.
losing fat would give the muscles a more pronounced appearance, and i'd go out on a limb and say you're most likely adapting your cns and utilising it more efficiently.
Dude I can't stand listening to your jargon anymore. The fact that you talk a lot of **** that you can not back makes me believe that you do a lot of reading and not a lot of lifting. How Can you give advice to people without truly understanding what you are saying? The answer is you can't ..... You can not tell someone something without knowing if it works or not. You have no experience lifting. You hardly know anything. Everything you do know you read in a book or stole from someone else. You have no factual eveidence that it works. You just take advice from credible sources and post them as your own....As an aspiring personal trainer, who has actually spent time working in a gym, watching and criticizing and experimenting. Stop posting. You don't know what youre talking about. You know it too.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
It's a myth that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at once. I've certainly done it prior to this and it's working quite well for me now. A lot of people think it's impossible because they have unrealistic expectations of how much muscle they should be gaining. When people jump on these ridiculous bulks, they gain a lot of fat and retain water (which is obviously inevitable) and mistake a lot of that for muscle gains.

http://blogs.menshealth.com/meet-th...cle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/2011/01/03/
http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-lose-fat-and-gain-muscle-at-the-same-time.aspx

I've got links to some studies which I can't seem to find at the moment. When I've got a sec I'll try and dig them up via Google.

All I can say is that is it's definitely working for me.

There are so many myths in bodybuilding which originate in bodybuilding mags and benefit the supplement companies immensely. Meal frequency has been shown to be largely irrelevant (i.e. you do not need to consume 5-6 meals a deal to grow), studies have indicated that you need 0.80 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight (not necessarily 1.0 - 2.0 grams), the "1 hour post workout" window where you HAVE to consume protein or you risk losing any benefit from the workout is also a load of crap.

Same goes with the whole stupid bulking/cutting mentality. Imagine how many supplements depend on this.

I mean don't get me wrong, there is so such thing as a one size fits all approach to fitness. Some people have problems gaining mass and it's much easier to just go on a traditional bulk. Other people cannot lose fat, or even have stubborn bits of fat that just won't go and thus need to cut. All I'm saying is that bulking/cutting is not the only or even the most effective way to go about getting results. Question everything you hear and look for studies regarding any claim before taking it seriously.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
oh im thinking about long term big ass strength gains.
yeah makes sense now.

Dude I can't stand listening to your jargon anymore. The fact that you talk a lot of **** that you can not back makes me believe that you do a lot of reading and not a lot of lifting. How Can you give advice to people without truly understanding what you are saying? The answer is you can't ..... You can not tell someone something without knowing if it works or not. You have no experience lifting. You hardly know anything. Everything you do know you read in a book or stole from someone else. You have no factual eveidence that it works. You just take advice from credible sources and post them as your own....As an aspiring personal trainer, who has actually spent time working in a gym, watching and criticizing and experimenting. Stop posting. You don't know what youre talking about. You know it too.
ahahahahaha

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Hey how is strength training going for you by the way?

I'm thinking that I want to focus on upping my strength in about a month or so, but I don't have much experience training mainly for strength.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i dont eat enough, so strength gains go up for a few weeks and then halt :p
shoulder still giving me issues. need to rest it so it can fully heal, and then not get ahead of myself when i get back to benching. i'm so sick of benching in the 70s for the past few years, i wanna hit triple figures already.
i think im gonna trex it up this semester.
got back into lifting after over a month of inaction, stress, not eating enough, going overseas still not eating enough.
squat is 20kg less than previous, and deadlift is 10kg less.
still aiming for 150/100/180 for 5 reps by the end of sem.
lost 3kg when i got back, now i'm up 1, to 68kg.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Same goes with the whole stupid bulking/cutting mentality.
How would you go about it otherwise, how much above maintenance would you eat? Or do you dispute the need to eat above maintenance all together, if you have enough bodyfat to use for energy, based on the model of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)