Fitness & Health Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
anyway I improved my squat depth today because I realised I wasn't going deep enough

Got below parallel and still maintained a 55kg 3x5

also up to 55kg on 5x5 for bench press

kfnmpah

HSC
anyway I improved my squat depth today because I realised I wasn't going deep enough

Got below parallel and still maintained a 55kg 3x5

also up to 55kg on 5x5 for bench press
i love going ass to grass i go way past parallel and feel so fucking tough

i'm going to try 70kg squatz tomorrow. i've been doing 60 for ~5-8
going to try and get 2-3 at 70kg *nervous*

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
"A safe rule is the number of bowel movements that you have a day equals or exceeds the number of eggs you consume each day".

brb having 7-10 bowel movements per day, sounds legit.

q3thefish

HSC
intermittent fasting y/n?

99% of the stuff ive read is positive

kfnmpah

HSC
I've read that IF is good if you can maintain if, but when you stop your body is more likely to store surplus everything as fat

but you know. everything you read, there will be something that says the exact opposite just do what works for you

it's just like the frequent feeding thing. There is a plethora of research that says you should eat small meals frequently for metabolism etc but there is just as much saying that it doesn't matter

also, the whole complex carbs vs sugar thing. I posted it here somewhere, a study found that all that mattered (in regards to fat loss/gain) was net carbs. the actual form didn't matter. so you know. Of course the physiological effect will be different (spikes in blood sugar will make you more hungry) but yeah. w/e

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Atm, my body is progressing pretty similarly across most of my lifts, which I've found to be strange when comparing to other people. However, I think it's because they're much further along their training than I am.

Wednesday night I hit:
Squat - 57.5kg 3x5
Bench - 57.5kg 3x5 (PB)
I tried doing Pendlay Rows for 55kg but my form was pretty shoddy as my wrist was taking too much of the weight for me. I think I lack the mobility to do Pendlay rows because I'm also getting more strain in my quads just trying to keep myself on the floor than I am in my back/rear delts trying to lift the weight.

Today I'll be attempting:
Overhead Press - 30kg 3x5
Lateral raises - 10-15kg 3x5
Deadlifts - 72.5kg 3x5

q3thefish

HSC
Atm, my body is progressing pretty similarly across most of my lifts, which I've found to be strange when comparing to other people. However, I think it's because they're much further along their training than I am.

Wednesday night I hit:
Squat - 57.5kg 3x5
Bench - 57.5kg 3x5 (PB)
I tried doing Pendlay Rows for 55kg but my form was pretty shoddy as my wrist was taking too much of the weight for me. I think I lack the mobility to do Pendlay rows because I'm also getting more strain in my quads just trying to keep myself on the floor than I am in my back/rear delts trying to lift the weight.

Deadlifts - 72.5kg 3x5
Holy, you can bench as much as you can squat haha and i know that feel about the wrists man

q3thefish

HSC
also, got back to heavier lifts today and struggled so much with squats. 2 months ago, 110kg for 5 felt ok but i struggled with 95. feels bad man

kfnmpah

HSC
how many pull ups can you do lolsmoth?

i'm really annoyed at how slowly my pull ups are progressing compared to my squat

I couldn't do 1 lol but then i started doing negatives but my grip is what lets me down so i think I'm going to keep doing them until i can do 8 really really slow negatives and my grip doesn't give way

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I can do about 3, I think my back is the least worked part since I started strength training since I suck ass at rows.

I might start a bit of mobility training or switch up pendlay rows for pull ups.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Wednesday night I hit:
Squat - 57.5kg 3x5
Bench - 57.5kg 3x5 (PB)

Deadlifts - 72.5kg 3x5
Good job mr lolsmith sir.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)