Football - Summer Transfers (1 Viewer)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Serie A has been a viable league for so long because of the perception amongst the Italian national team that unless you are playing in Serie A, you will not be selected to represent your country. Since that has waned somewhat, the quality of the league has slowly diminished. Calciopoli didn't help things either, although dodgy dealings are commonplace in Madrid and nobody bats an eyelid. So while it is certainly the third best league in the world, it is not equal top with Spain and England anymore. But it is still slightly ahead of Germany, France and the Netherlands, whose leagues I would rank equally.

Charizard

HSC
While the bundesliga can't compete with spain or england in terms of big names and european glory, IMO it's one of the most competitive and exciting leagues to watch. Unlike italy/spain/england, you have no idea who will win it each year.

TO be fair, the only thing holding the bundesliga back is the fact that cashed up arabs cant takeover clubs like they can elsewhere, as there is some rule preventing foreigners owning more then 49% (or something like that). Whether you view that as a positive or negative is all subjective.

HSC
good piece of business for Milan.

Now, all they need is a young,attacking midfielder.

Formation For this season..................

---------Dida/Abbiati-------------------

?----------------Nesta-----Thiago Silva----------?

---------Pirlo-------Flamini-------

-------------------Ronaldinho-----Seedorf--------

------------Pato---------------Huntelaar

*(Inzaghi can do fresh-cameo roles and score late goals against tiring italian defences)

(Complete Lineup anyone?)
---------------------Abbiati--------------------
--Zambrotta--T.Silva--Nesta--Jankulovski--
--------------------------------------------------
--Ambrosini---------Pirlo-----------Gattuso--
-------------------Ronaldinho------------------
-------------Huntelaar-----Pato----------------

HSC
dida
zambrotta/oddo
nesta
silva/kaladze
jankulovski
ambrosini
gattuso/flamini
pirlo
ronaldinho
huntelaar
pato

Roy9

HSC
Do any of you guys rate Gattuso? I think he's garbage...

A.Chair

HSC
I don't think many of you have seen Milan play recently, Oddo is rubbish now, and Jankulovski is too old and slow these days. Zambrotta is also better on the left.

Gattuso is aging, but he's still good. Hard to call a player who has won two CL's and a WC garbage......

Roy9

HSC
Lescott hands in a transfer request..... What a prick. Wait until 4 days before finally coming out

Charizard

HSC
lol should let him go. He's not worth 20 million +.

For that cash you could get 2-3 defenders just as good.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
imo, there are only a handful of premier league defenders that can be valued at 20mil+ and lescott would most definitely be in that category.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Do any of you guys rate Gattuso? I think he's garbage...

so agree with this, but Milan will still play him as he is 1. Italian, 2. One of their legends 3. He tackles very well. :haha:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
imo, there are only a handful of premier league defenders that can be valued at 20mil+ and lescott would most definitely be in that category.

nah, i'd dis-agree, he's worth 15-17 mil, not more than 20 mil, though he is 26...

out of the epl, CB's which are worth more than 20 mil...hmm..

Ferdinand, Terry, Alex (possibly), King, Curtis Davies (value rising), Gosling (future for england)..will be worth 20 mil in a few years time!

Anyone else got names from teams apart from the TOP 4, Aston Villa, Everton...

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
lescott can play CB and FB. he's got age on his side and he is an england international. the precedent was set by glen johnson.

maybe you misunderstood me but i was referring to defenders ( not CBs specifically) and their current valuation.

of those you mentioned however, only john terry would be worth more... he is captain of england and chelsea after all.

Ferdinand, Terry, Alex (possibly), King, Curtis Davies (value rising), Gosling (future for england)..will be worth 20 mil in a few years time!
i think you forgot to add titus bramble.

and danny shittu.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Lescott isn't great. But if Upson is worth 15m, he is worth 20m I guess.

In your list, you forgot to add the best centre half in the Premiership - Vidic. He is comfortably better than both Terry and Ferdinand imo - better in the air, and more composed, his annus horribilis against Liverpool at Old Trafford withstanding.

louy

HSC
N/A
i think you forgot to add titus bramble.

and danny shittu.
I remember the commentator once said 'If they made a boopers DVD, Titus Bramble would need a whole DVD to himself.

Whahahaha,

Crazy to think when he was young, he was very highly rated. The future of England they said. And he scored a few good goals as well during his time. Shame he has probably scored more own goals than goals for his team overall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)