For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I believe that no one 'chooses' to be gay...after all could you change the fact that you're straight? Many of my gay friends/relatives say they have felt like something was different about them from a young age and as they got older and better understood sexuality they realised being gay or not being straight was what that was, all come from heterosexual families. This does not necessarily make it a 'genetic' thing (i.e. there is no evidence to say gay parents are more likely to have gay children) but it does suggest that is something out of their control and something inate, afterall none of us can control why/what we feel sad about etc. Personally I don't care what the reasoning is, gay people are just as friendly, nice, responsible and mature as others, sure some may engage in risky sexual practices but so do many straight people.

I am not a religious person, I am torn really between atheism and being agnostic but in regards to religion and the bible, in particular to things such as homosexuality:
1. The bible has been so over anaylsed and is often taken out of context.
2. Follow up to 1. is like the constitution, people want to stick to its 'orginal' meaning so intently but I believe just like the framers any god would understand times change and rules need to be flexible enough to move with change.
3. Any god would be happy enough if someone is a good person, with all the famine, murders, bigotry etc in the world today, I think God would be more worried about those things rather than if someone loves someone of the same sex etc.

Not everyone is Christian or relgious on any level, I hate when some Christians fail to accept this.

tizona

HSC
Except alcohol abuse and violence have negetive social outcomes. Yay gaydom!
Homosexuality also has negative outcomes. For instance, having HIV is dominant in gay men.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Homosexuality also has negative outcomes. For instance, having HIV is dominant in gay men.
Gay men are perfectly capable of using protection whilst having sex, just like heterosexual couples are; the fact that historically (before public awareness of the real health issues of STIs) gay men were less likely to use protection, or that they're less likely to now, is irrelevant. They are perfectly capable of using a condom; it's their choice whether they do or not.

Dragonangel

HSC
and yet it exists throughout the animal kingdom...

Homosexuality can be of a benefit to species that live in groups as it provides another adult male to protect the group from predators without competing with for reproductive rights.
A benefit, maybe, but their genes are not passed on as they didn't reproduce.

Scorch

HSC
Once again this isn't a single person dictating whether or not something is moral or not. The Bible claims to be the divine word of a creator, the question then becomes whether or not there is enough evidence to substanciate its various claims, which I believe there is.
Yes, but you also believe in other nonsense such as the idea that homosexuality is scientifically linked to mental illness, pedophilia and drug abuse. There is the same amount of evidence to substantiate the Bible as your other nonsense: none.

Say the Bible is a whole bunch of BS written by a bunch of people who had no idea of what they were talking about. Even so, what would make it any lesser of a guide on how to live your life than the ABC kids shows which also attempt to teach people right and wrong?
Let's judge it by its content. God murders children, men, women, gays, political opponents, etc. etc. He condones slaughter, vicious conquest and war crimes. He threatens us to burn forever and ever in hell for not agreeing with him despite the fact that he childishly refuses to provide any evidence for his existence and then in order to solve a problem he created in the first place, he sent his son to be excruciatingly tortured to death to be a scapegoat for his own mistake.

It's an appalling moral guide.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yes, but you also believe in other nonsense such as the idea that homosexuality is scientifically linked to mental illness, pedophilia and drug abuse. There is the same amount of evidence to substantiate the Bible as your other nonsense: none.

Let's judge it by its content. God murders children, men, women, gays, political opponents, etc. etc. He condones slaughter, vicious conquest and war crimes. He threatens us to burn forever and ever in hell for not agreeing with him despite the fact that he childishly refuses to provide any evidence for his existence and then in order to solve a problem he created in the first place, he sent his son to be excruciatingly tortured to death to be a scapegoat for his own mistake.

It's an appalling moral guide.
if it was all happy stories who would bother reading it?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I believe that homosexuality is at least in part genetic.
Dunno exactly.
There is a function for homosexuality, and that is love.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
So are you saying it's a mental disorder? I say it is a choice as you can choose to engage in homosexual activities.

I don't hate homos and people that pick their nose btw.
Is it a choice for you to find women attractive?

Venetiad

HSC
you retards have such a poor grasp of genetics and how genetics work

ffs.
Thats probably because genetics is an incredibly interesting subject which most of day to day life really revolves aroooo... wait

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)