Formal Thread (pics, websites, ideas, thoughts) (1 Viewer)

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
I went all vintage to my formal.
This is the style of my dress that I wore to my formal on Friday night
Vintage 1950s Christian Dior Black Cocktail Dress
Except I asked the lady who made it for me to give it a square neckline and skip out on the fringing on the ruffles. And I wore a purple petticoat underneath which poked out a few inches under the skirt.
And this was my necklace which I made myself (I love jewellery so I had to make my own necklace)
Precious Treasure by ~Cinnamonster on deviantART
I added another layer to it a few months ago so it had a string of white and pink pearls on a purple ribbon which tied up at the back as well. You can see my purple shoes in the pictures too.
And my ring which was my great grandmother's
Great Grandmother's Ring by ~Cinnamonster on deviantART
And I had fingerwaves in my hair!
<3 the ring n necklace!!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
my dress is ivory coloured... i got ivory because im not expecting many ppl to have that colour... its body con style, one shouldered, and from the pilgrim line @ myer...

i still havent got shoes yet, but im thinkin some ivory coloured tony bianco platform heels, all closed in... and i need a matching clutch!!!

jewellry is pearl themed :)

vintagedreams

HSC
I want to make my formal dress, but I'm not entirely sure I'm going to have the time to finish it which would just complicate things majorly. I want my dress to be just above the knees, loose with frills of some sort and brown or maroon. Kind of vintage. :)

lgfraud

HSC
I went all vintage to my formal.
This is the style of my dress that I wore to my formal on Friday night
Vintage 1950s Christian Dior Black Cocktail Dress
Except I asked the lady who made it for me to give it a square neckline and skip out on the fringing on the ruffles. And I wore a purple petticoat underneath which poked out a few inches under the skirt.
And this was my necklace which I made myself (I love jewellery so I had to make my own necklace)
Precious Treasure by ~Cinnamonster on deviantART
I added another layer to it a few months ago so it had a string of white and pink pearls on a purple ribbon which tied up at the back as well. You can see my purple shoes in the pictures too.
And my ring which was my great grandmother's
Great Grandmother's Ring by ~Cinnamonster on deviantART
And I had fingerwaves in my hair!
i love this dress, i might have some alteration of it made for my formal

Sandy_Says_Boo

HSC
If your formal venue is near the sea, like mine - Le Montage at Leicharht, then get a speed boat or helicopter to arrive there! You'll stand out so much, because most people will arrive on limo or cars :D

HSC
N/A
Did you?

What do you do at formals?

I was with the teacher during my year 10 one.
I'm in your grade, matey. I took a limo with my friends in year ten for our formal, and then left in a shiny red mercedes

what do you mean you were with your teacher? o_O

HSC
N/A
I think dress wise, i'll be looking for something figure hugging at the top (around the waist area etc), and then long and flowy at the bottom

^something like that, but in cream or white :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)