Formals - 2009 (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
ours is at the grace hotel in the city, then afters at blackbird cafe darling harbour.

the only thing i'm interested in is making my dress pretty for it. haha.

Bites

HSC
Le Montage, Leichhardt, right on the water.
Our school has it there every year, I went last year with my friend, it's so nice and the food is awesome!
We don't get DJs or anything, and parents are invited (but they don't come)
I think it's like $110 a head

bettina44

HSC
Le Montage, Leichhardt, right on the water.
Our school has it there every year, I went last year with my friend, it's so nice and the food is awesome!
We don't get DJs or anything, and parents are invited (but they don't come)
I think it's like $110 a head
alot of people seem to have their yr 10 formals there

HSC
I'm taking a Year 10 girl as a dare.
How pedo is that?! :(

Hmm, well if we're playing Formal Wars, then...

Yay, view. :)
Excellent photo ops I reckon.

And not to forget, we have the whole of Bondi Beach to lie around the day after, to get rid of the hangover from the afterparty. :haha:

Thanks. :)
man you guys are really lucky :)

Miss Code

HSC
WAY jealous of some of the places you guys are having your formal!!

Stupid coastal bumtown with no good places, we dont get to choose where we want our formal, it HAS to be at a civic centre, one caters HAVE to do it, its old and crappy, its like $55 a ticket that includes our yearbook!

sucks!! So going to get smashed after it to not remember it!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Crowne Plaza Norwest
$100 per person

nothing too amazing...

astroe

HSC
Ahhhh, I remember them.
They called the school and the receptionist was like "Here, some company about Year 12."
They spoke to me like I was their friend or something and I'm thinking like.. "Riiiighttt..."

So I told them I'd call back and I never did. :haha:

Edit: BTW, that Le Montage place looks freaking awesome too. :)

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Some of your formal venues sound awesome, We're having ours at the Sky Lounge in Centre Point Tower :) Has anyone been there before? - Im pretty sure we're having the after party at Home Nightclub on Darling harbour - but i wont be 18 by then :( so no wrist band for me.
Yes, it's awesome. :)

burger125

HSC
our formal = epic fail.

Rooty hill rsl
no, u did not just misread that.

Rooty hill rsl.

Our year co booked it without even asking us first. His reasons were that it was the best place nearby in which our parents could fit as well. Yes, our parents are invited. Oh and we're not having a dj, much to the dismay of 99.9999% of our grade. We're having some random band nobodys heard of, and ive seen there song list, they're shit. Theyre 40 year olds wtf.

You dont suppose if i gathered a bunch of people in my grade who were opposed against this, that i could take it up to the assistant principal or something to protest it, we could get it changed to a dj? Since this band was booked without our knowledge, and as year 12, im pretty sure its our choice as far as our last school formal goes...
owned

samburnsy

HSC
my formal is at acer arena, homebush
has been there every year with the school .... gonna b such an awesome night
over 2000 people there, boys / dates, parents, and family, i no family is a lil lame but its gonna b such a good night, finishes about 1:30am where we get bussed off to afters at either cabana bar or another similar bar

Last edited:

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
coming from a country town, its at our local servies club. max of 200 people can attend and parents are expected as the formal also includes award ceremony.

nothing special... finishes at midnight then we make out way to someones property. music is the band that does all the big and important functions in town. not to mention its a tuesday night.

iiinsane02

HSC
I will say no to anyone who asks. I don't conform when it comes to bringing a 'date'.

:jedi:
Maybe you just can't get the guy you want, so you refuse to let others ask you out. What happened to Robert? HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Our Year 11 Semi is on a cruise in Sydney Harbour. $77 a person. All you can eat buffet, professional photographer, drinks bar, etc. Last year our Year 10 formal was in the hall, and despite the shitty food/location/No DJ it was still a great experience.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
^
^But the problem is, there is no one in the school I want =P! I find our grade... lacking.

I *think* we're doing our yearbook with them (not too sure, can't remember) & (and most of us have already paid our deposits). A bunch of us and our year adviser actually went to their 'office' to discuss our yearbook. TBH, though they seemed friendly, when they showed us mock designs for our yearbook, they looked, frankly, crap. Well, one was okay (but a 'rave' design, what the fuckkkk?) and the other was... I could've done better a billion times better. Then as we were waiting for the elevator to go back down, we looked at two of the yearbooks sitting on the table and I lolled at the crap quality of it (it looked like an easy book/picture book with a glossy hard cover thingo for primary school students). Shit shit shit. And we haven't even gotten out login info for the 'website' - plus how the fudge are we meant to upload our photos now = ='' /endrant

A leather cover yearbook or like those American ones would've been nice ):

Must go to year adviser on Friday to ask about YB. They better not have scammed us. /rage

Last edited by a moderator:

q3thefish

HSC
curzon hall foo's.

gettin stretch hummer as well - orange or hot pink in colour eh?

jealous aye? :tongue:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)