Formals - 2009 (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
omggg best thing happened today

so before, i said that we had to have this SHIT band play at our formal which only played like 30 yr old music which one of us know...

well, since me n my friend took it to the assistant principal, today we had a form meeting and our year co said that due to complaints etc. they may have to cancel the band and get a DJ, and that on monday we're gonna have a vote either for a DJ or for the band.... if DJ wins, we're getting a DJ WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

finally something good might actually come out of our formal :D
Ooo nice!

sif anyones going to vote for the band lol...

parawhoree

HSC
fucking shit school made the formal be on the 1st of october.

we all wanted them to change it but they wont. *sigh*

sucked in to the teachers that are coming, its second last day of term.

Kittikhun

HSC
The Year 12s at my school are in the same boat as you. The formal for my school is held in late September. The premise is that students need to relax from studying for the HSC. Frankly, I find it stupid to be held at this time. It should be held after the HSC, not before it.

fuzzy09

HSC
fucking shit school made the formal be on the 1st of october.

we all wanted them to change it but they wont. *sigh*

sucked in to the teachers that are coming, its second last day of term.

omg same here!! its on the 1st of oct as well
wish they changed it :(

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
The Year 12s at my school are in the same boat as you. The formal for my school is held in late September. The premise is that students need to relax from studying for the HSC. Frankly, I find it stupid to be held at this time. It should be held after the HSC, not before it.
I thought it was because they didn't want anyone to do anything stupid at the venue so if they did they could still get in trouble from the school. At least that's the impression I always got... or assumed. Hah. Usually it's the night after graduation but they did it differently for us this year. It's a whole week before. I'm yet to work out why though.
But yeah. I would much rather a formal AFTER the HSC. Late November or early December would be much more awesome.

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I thought it was because they didn't want anyone to do anything stupid at the venue so if they did they could still get in trouble from the school. At least that's the impression I always got... or assumed. Hah. Usually it's the night after graduation but they did it differently for us this year. It's a whole week before. I'm yet to work out why though.
But yeah. I would much rather a formal AFTER the HSC. Late November or early December would be much more awesome.
Yeah, but that's not what they're going to say.

I seem to be going to 2 formals. The first is with a friend of mine, who I met in Germany. She's on exchange at a school called "Monte"... anyone know it/go to it? It's on the 26th of September and I'm like 95% sure that it's a year 11 formal. The second is exactly a week later.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
OMGG best thing happened this morning at form meeting...

ok so we were originally sposed to have that band for our formal (old people band)... and so me n my friend went 2 the vice principal to complain, so our year coordinator made us vote for either the DJ or band... and, GUESS WHO WON....

DJ OF COURSE!!! wooohoo!! sooooo happy... so now we're getting a DJ for the formal, and us students are arranging it so it will probably be a good one :)

this makes our formal SOO MUCH BETTER, even if it IS at rooty hill RSL :D

sooo happy!!! gotta love PEOPLE POWER haha

M155LILY

HSC
I'm one of the two Formal planners at astroe's school.

Does anyone know whether the dj is any good there (Nick's @ Bondi).

I'm so frustrated about people not paying their remaining payments! :burn:

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Yeah, but that's not what they're going to say.

I seem to be going to 2 formals. The first is with a friend of mine, who I met in Germany. She's on exchange at a school called "Monte"... anyone know it/go to it? It's on the 26th of September and I'm like 95% sure that it's a year 11 formal. The second is exactly a week later.
monte sant'angelo mercy college? if so, it's in the north shore.

astroe

HSC
If formals are soon, that means the HSC is soon.
4 days, oh fuck. LOL.

OH!
I found out that green P-platers have no passenger restriction after 11pm. :)

MsGraduee92

HSC
Our formal is at Sydney Glass Island - www.sydneyglassisland.com.au

You go on a massive boat in sydney harbour with the walls being 3mx3m glass windows. Complete 360 degree views.

Costs $120 pp which isnt too bad. Parents aren't invited.

Will be preety sick - Cant wait.

After party will be sick aswell, is in the city aswell - starts at 11.30pm and ends at 5am the next morning. Then everyone is going Star City for buffet brekky.

Gonna be a sick 2 days. Cant bloody wait - its less than a month away...

raniaaa

:)
HSC
yep. ours is late...
Monday December 7th

who holds a formal on Monday night??
LOLL! no seriously.. who holds a formal on a monday night =.=

although our's is on friday the 13th so hi5 for sucky dates :eek:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)