Formals - 2009 (1 Viewer)

jules.09

HSC
Sure beats a school formal from the sounds of things :)

Also "meh" @ those Bondi Beach pics. Once you live there, all the novelty wears off. Admitedly though, Nick's cater a mean all you can eat meat platter :)
Very funny Alex. Actuarial ball, seeing yourself there in a year's time? :p

Well Bondi beach is fun at the summer time when it's near the end of year.. or even the start of one! That's where I am lol. Always. :cool:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sure beats a school formal from the sounds of things :)

Also "meh" @ those Bondi Beach pics. Once you live there, all the novelty wears off. Admitedly though, Nick's cater a mean all you can eat meat platter :)
Agreed, my-future-NSW actuarial studies-buddy =)

Actuarial ball occurs in unison between Macquarie + UNSW which is AWESOME. But then again, I heard that the % of female in Actuarial is like 10-15% =(

But don't be down! I heard that you can bring partners! rofl

yummy-cookies

HSC
My formal is going to be a cruise type thing a sydney harbour. i'm bit annoyed by the price though, which is about $150 - that's the most expensive I've heard so far

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
p.s. person for rooty hill rsl.... boycott the formall.... my friend went there for hers as well and she said its a shithole...

lol naah i wanna go to it.... pretty much everyones going, plus its my last formal so yeah..

it is going to be SOO shit though. for music, our year coordinator booked this local band which plays like country SHIT music from the 70s without asking us first, and wont let us cancel it and hire a dj. everyone is SOOO pissed off, its OUR FORMAL and we didnt even have a say in choosing music!!! and so me and a few friends are going to the assistant principal 2moro to try and get him to intervene.

oh, and he also invited our parents (wtf)

due to the crap nature of our formal, most people are leaving early, (like 8.30-9pm) to go clubbing in the city. im only going to be 17 though!!! so are my best friends!

wtf am i gonna do!!

does anybody know anything a 17 year old can do (or where we can go to) after the formal?

PS: checkk out our AWESOME venue... WOW it is SOOO going to go OFF!!!!!! FORMAL OF THE YEAR!!!! :mad1:

I Study Hard

HSC
If Minh Chau or Helene or Lawrence suggested it...then they stole the idea from me. ><
Nah, it was a girl named Erin who suggested it.
For some reason alot of the asians wanted to have it at crummy city venues though xD

astroe

HSC
I suppose after Nick's I can run screaming onto the beach and maybe jump into the water. :haha:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Anybody bought their formal clothes yet??

I still havn't bought anything yet...

need to go formal shopping sooooon

hairspray

HSC
Isnt Nick's kinda small for a formal venue ?

We were considering to have our formal there but with students + dates +teachers... it wasnt going to work out. We're having ours at L'aqua in darling habour. It was just renovated recently so it should be good.

I went formal dress shopping the last week but ended up buying a bunch of casual clothing instead.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Anybody bought their formal clothes yet??

I still havn't bought anything yet...

need to go formal shopping sooooon

meee neither
but i have a dress in mind if i dont find anything else..
its just a simple cocktail dress from myer, its ivory colour, satiny material and its one shouldered... very elegant lol i luv it, its from the pilgrim clothing line. :)

Hannargh

HSC
I'm going to Vietnam instead of my Formal, I wasn't keen on going anyway. I hope all you guys have a great time :D

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
omggg best thing happened today

so before, i said that we had to have this SHIT band play at our formal which only played like 30 yr old music which one of us know...

well, since me n my friend took it to the assistant principal, today we had a form meeting and our year co said that due to complaints etc. they may have to cancel the band and get a DJ, and that on monday we're gonna have a vote either for a DJ or for the band.... if DJ wins, we're getting a DJ WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

finally something good might actually come out of our formal :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)