Fort St... (1 Viewer)

Sir Loin

HSC
There seems to be more and more caucasian than asian ppl as the years go down, 12 to 7, especially in yr 10 and down, or mayb it's me just not noticing lol.
Regards to the teachers, of course there's always the crap teachers/good teachers present in every school, but specifically the english/social science faculty rock! even though i don't do any SS and coming near last in eng.:hammer: The maths faculty is crap i can tell u, the good teachers left already - except mayb Mr H, apparently he 'pwns' 4u. Science is so-so, depnding on the teachers u get, it can be enjoyable or :confused:.

Though I can say since the big cheese cruised in in 2001, our state ranking has been dropping, or mayb the standard of students have been dropping? blah. My cohort seem smarter than normal though. :rofl: hoping best for this year...

BLAH @ James Ruse >=(

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
coolkoombaya said:
ha, lemme guess. mr fluffy?

there are some teachers who are good people, but shit teachers. and teachers who are shit people but good teachers. then theres the nissan x-trail.

but how would you noe if they are a good person or not? and how do u define a good or bad teacher? u NEVER NOE COS THIS WORLD IS FUCKED UP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! EMOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! AHHHHHHHHH!
BAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHA it must be because i've had a long day but i f*cking lol'ed.

Sefton vs. fort street is pretty f*cking stupid. Even baulko vs. ruse, syd boys vs. north syd boys, syd girls vs. north syd girls etc etc don't have this much rivalry.

Grow up children they're both equally sh*t schools.

:eek:

The teachers and students in each one are pretty decent people but. Swiss chocolate, bank and neutrality ftw.

p.s. the emo comment was good for the lulz too

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Sir Loin said:
Though I can say since the big cheese cruised in in 2001, our state ranking has been dropping, or mayb the standard of students have been dropping? blah.
Why does everyoen seem to hate the principal?

Lot'o'seX

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
Why does everyoen seem to hate the principal?
Principals generally decide which way a school's going to go, and if you change to a principal of lower standards, the school's probably going to drop.

homeownage

HSC
dukey said:
I know the head teacher of the science faculty at Fort st. He was err..funny lol

Hmm..I've also got a couple of friends who go there. They seem to like it.

i go to fort st , and im in year 11 now - our school is a hole, science head teacher is an old woman LOL not a guy. some of our curry science teachers cant speak english at all.
all principal is a scary big woman who goes marching around barking at students out of uniform all day
our school is falling apart - all these cracks and crumbling stone here and there - toilets are filthy

our school spent around 2 million on 2 new big buidlings in 2003 - and all the built was a 2 VERY big staff rooms with aircondition , A VERY big office , and in the end all we students got were 5 new class rooms and they arent even airconditioned - only the computer rooms throughout our whole school are airconditioned

dukey said:
I know the head teacher of the science faculty at Fort st. He was err..funny lol

Hmm..I've also got a couple of friends who go there. They seem to like it.

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Lot'o'seX said:
Lolz, we stoled Rezcallah.
Bastards.

He taught us more in year 7 than we learned from other teachers in year 10.

homeownage

HSC
FRIEDA YOUR WRONG - theres lot of hate - blair , don and many more - we had a sefton dude leave our school and go back to sefton :rofl: . our schools chat!!! ask the skaties - seriously sefton is a much better school IMHO

frieda said:
Well, i'm currently a year 10 student at fort street. So i guess if you decide to come then i'll be seeing you next year! (if i didn't already see you at orientation). In terms of seftoners - fortians, I heard about the girl leaving after only one week - everyone was a bit miffed but the ones who have stayed seem to be doing fine =]. But i can pretty much tell you that my grade caters for all types of people and would gladly welcome people with open arms. It's not particularly cliquey per se, but groups tend to branch off (e.g. the asian rugby players, the anglo skaties etc) but everyone gets along - theres no hate.

I don't know what the whole druggo thing is about though? It's the same as with any other high school there are recreational drug users and thats it, oh and not many 'gangstas' if that's what you're thinking. Alot of these stereotypes i think are really associated with fort street as it was in the 90s.

Regarding teachers, it's true that ALOT of the teachers are either going on leave or retiring. A couple moving to higher positions at other schools as well. I don't find my teachers to be that bad at all and i'd say that the social science faculty is quite good but really, i don't have any other high school experiences to compare these views with do i?

But really, changing schools is a decision that you make by yourself but i'd be happy to answer any other inquiries you have into Fort.

Last edited:

floatinglily

HSC
as someone else said before, if you dont like the school, you could always go back to your old one...provided that its not selective, that could be difficult to get back

my friend came to st. george this year, stayed for two weeks & left for oatley senior campus -.-"

...just go for it!

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
lol homeownage who are you?!!!!.. I made that post before the whole don thing >.> ... and as for the other mentioned it's only one person?

oh and now know why i'm not doing any sciences? =D

undalay

HSC
homeownage is Edmund?
This is Jimmy.

Well im in yr 11 at fshs and seriously, this is the first time i've heard of sefton vs fort st, ive asked alot of people and they have no idea what this rivalry is.

Personally, i think fshs has some of the best people around save few. As long as you can take a joke and not overly sensitive you'll fit in fine.

kaliber

HSC
go with which ever school you feel comfortable with don't let the school's ranking elude you.

No matter where you go, it's really up to you to work for a good UAI.

However, fort street do have some bad science teachers.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
kaliber said:
go with which ever school you feel comfortable with don't let the school's ranking elude you.

No matter where you go, it's really up to you to work for a good UAI.

However, fort street do have some bad science teachers.
Apparently transferring to better schools doesn't always result in a higher UAI than if you stayed put.

There were some friends of ours who left for Ruse at the end of year 10. They ended up with UAIs 3-4 points lower than the rest of us from the group, who stayed in Fort.

Rayh

HSC
mmmm, i guess it depends on the individual den, and i rekn its true that transferring skools doesnt always result in a higher UAI. i noe a friend who left for syd boys, and he rekns hes behind in almost every subject O_O

btw, i noe who u r floatinglily =]

undalay

HSC
I've never been to any other high school other then fort st, but comparing with friends from other selectives. Fort st's academic side is not much different from a normal school. Although we don't have general math, standard eng, and alot of electives and many ext. classes.

(from my POV the pros and cons of fort st)

Pros:
Good ranking
GREAT TIMETABLES
Lax uniform
Relatively good people.

Cons:
Academically not as ahead as other selectives (eg. Sydney Boys)
No olympiad classes.
The sport could be much better. (More teams, more sport)
Lack of school related extra curricular activities.

from the top of my head...

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I thought Fort St did heaps of co-curricular stuff like drama and chess. I went to the open day there ages ago, the classrooms were tiny.

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
I went to the open day there ages ago, the classrooms were tiny.
you too?
i went there too, but then i remember when i used to live near liechart, petersham, lewisham, ashfield, summer hills... not good

looked impressive and lofty, got an offer/placement (like as if you get into the school i go to now and not get an offer/placement to go there) fort st kids scare me - they all speak with heavy ... foreign ... accents and they're huge

i am still deeply resentful and regretful.......

undalay

HSC
simonloo said:
I thought Fort St did heaps of co-curricular stuff like drama and chess. I went to the open day there ages ago, the classrooms were tiny.
Hmm now that i think about it, there is quite a bit i guess. However for alot of them, you must try out and the places are extemely limited. Eg Mock trial, debating, etc. You need to try out. The same people tend to join the groups every year, so its the same people doing it every year, and alot miss out.

Then again alot of people think extra-curricular activities are a waste of time.

cccclaire

HSC
I was considering fort street for a while.
but the travel time for me was too long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)