Forum upgrade at midnight tonight (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hey Laz,

I have an idea. Maybe you should make a bos membership category that ppl can pay for and if we do, we can get like a bigger av, maybe more PMs space (if that's even possible), etc.?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
A proper LaTeX equation editor is now available in the maths, physics and chemistry forums.

Let me know if there are any other forums I've missed.

You'll find a button for the editor at the bottom of a thread just above the quick reply box.

Quick reply needs to be enabled first or you'll lose your equation.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
A proper LaTeX equation editor is now available in the maths, physics and chemistry forums.

You'll find a button for the editor at the bottom of a thread just above the quick reply box.

wow its sweet, good job :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Is there a way for the LaTeX interface to ignore spaces or breaks? I find that when I type up the codes with breaks and spaces, it won't work unless I join all the codes as one...

e.g.
"\alpha + 2 = 1\\
\alpha = -1"
I find I have to type it as
"\alpha + 2 = 1\\\alpha = -1"

which is rather a pain when it comes to editing any mistakes...

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
This isn't exactly forum related, but is it possible to bring back an archive of bigblogger? Kind of nostalgic to me since I was an 06er and got through by reading those blogs :eek:

Also: I propose BigBlogger 09!! Or 2010 if it's too late for 09...

Seriously I thought BigBlogger was awesome. Simply having the blogs on the forum isn't the same, but it's what reminded me of BB...

I also thought it brought in a bit of activity on the site.

Not sure exactly what internal complications there were from BB, if any (guessing there were considering it hasn't been back since 06).

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
We need to tweak rep so that we can give it more.
That won't be happening. :)

The limit encourages people to be more discriminating in their repping. Only the best will be given rep.

Ode to a gold member.

Once
Was I
A gold member
In 2005 and,
Minai wasn't.
repped

This isn't exactly forum related, but is it possible to bring back an archive of bigblogger? Kind of nostalgic to me since I was an 06er and got through by reading those blogs :eek:

Also: I propose BigBlogger 09!! Or 2010 if it's too late for 09...

Seriously I thought BigBlogger was awesome. Simply having the blogs on the forum isn't the same, but it's what reminded me of BB...
Hmm.

It took a lot of effort to promote and organise, and was very expensive in terms of prizes. I agree that it was generally very well received though. It may be possible to work out a simpler model which doesn't involve a prize bonanza but is still rewarding for the participants.

I will have a think about this.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, exactly. A crappier prize would do. It was an excellent competition, and could've gotten a lot of exposure for bos if PR was ran alonside the competition, maybe even using an agency (versus waiting for journos to cover it). It could actually be profitable:

1) use old case study of bigblogger (interview old bloggers; where are they now; how bigblogger changed their life)
2) submit release pre-launch using PR agency with contacts (don't just go mainstream media)
3) Wait for coverage, then send out rate cards and bigblogger packs to targeted advertisers
4) Win @ lyfe

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Even no prize would do. Most people on here are narcissistic enough to complete in it, if for nothing other than name recognition.

Just as long as Bookie doesn't go in it again, wtf was up with that.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no most people on here are asian nerds who have 0 posts

Mao Ze Dong

HSC
N/A
Just checkin' round the block as I do every now and then. This new stuff looks cool. Good to see rep back. Shit to see shit people have it.

Blogs look cool too, if they weren't all attempting to be shitty postmodern satirical vacases of emptiness.

Yeah, exactly. A crappier prize would do. It was an excellent competition, and could've gotten a lot of exposure for bos if PR was ran alonside the competition, maybe even using an agency (versus waiting for journos to cover it). It could actually be profitable:

1) use old case study of bigblogger (interview old bloggers; where are they now; how bigblogger changed their life)
2) submit release pre-launch using PR agency with contacts (don't just go mainstream media)
3) Wait for coverage, then send out rate cards and bigblogger packs to targeted advertisers
4) Win @ lyfe
1) Sounds great from my p.o.v., but will people really care so much? I'm sure you mean that they will only be put on the BOS website, but the result will be either a) laughing fodder for you types, or b) absolute nothing from the 09, 10 kids as they really dont know who the hell we were.

2) this is a great idea, probably better spending the prize money which was used last time on building the rep of the competition, which could become something big. there was quite a lot of word of mouth, seeing as i met people who knew my name. those were the days of flattering.

3) probably more of a second year option after building the brand, re: big blogger packs, though i suppose it couldnt hurt anyone.

4) a head of the gayme.

Even no prize would do. Most people on here are narcissistic enough to complete in it, if for nothing other than name recognition.

Just as long as Bookie doesn't go in it again, wtf was up with that.
jealous. pink usernames really did kick arse.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Cant type messages in complete caps lock, this is being typed in caps lock but lets see what happens when i post it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
IT AUTOMATICALLY GOES TO LOWER CASE, BUT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN SOMETHING IS WRITTEN IN lower case, as is the case with this post.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, that's right.

It stops people from writing posts all in caps.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hey, is it just my comp or is the LaTeX Editor on quick reply not working? I can't seem to "Copy Document"...

dub

HSC
N/A
Okay. Thank you for letting me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)