Future Plans (UAI/Uni/Tafe/Job) (2 Viewers)

tehrobzorz

HSC
Re: What UAI&Course are you aiming for?

B.A ( Philosophy ) / B.Com/B.Eco (Combined)...
B.Com(Liberal Studies)(Major in Economics and Phil)
B.Com/B.Eco...

all @ USYD...

which just a note...
there aren't that many people here going for USYD...=O why is that?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Who's aiming for Medicine?

Who's aiming for Medicine?

astroe

HSC
Re: Who's aiming for Medicine?

If you guys seriously are aiming for med, study for UMAT now.
Go go go go!

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Who's aiming for Medicine?

i am

dilma_101

HSC
I'm planning on becoming an Avionics Technician in either the army or navy, but I'm trying to also get an ATAR between 75-80.

Dod0

HSC
Aiming for at least 70 haha.. B. Policing or B. Social Science (Criminology, Criminal Justice)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
91.75-ish for Bachelor of Medical Science... going onto Medicine at University of Sydney.

Or of course, do the impossible at get 99.95 and make them come to me! MUAHAHAHA =P

Phyk101

HSC

Any degree at ADFA, so an ATAR of 70 is my minimum, but getting an ATAR of 80 to do B.Tech(Avn) would be nice.

Could you get get rid of your ADF pilot acceptence. ADF Flight Screening is only valid for one year so its impossible to be selected until halfway through year 12. Your just showing yourself up mate.

TheStallion

HSC

Could you get get rid of your ADF pilot acceptence. ADF Flight Screening is only valid for one year so its impossible to be selected until halfway through year 12. Your just showing yourself up mate.
Unfortunately for you, people who apply for the Education Award have to apply in Year 11 - oh, and take a look at the FSP schedule - there's been 2011 FSP's running for a while. At first I thought the same as you (but in regards to the assessment day), but the CC explained the above to me.

EDIT: I also lol'd out loud when reading the "halfway through year 12" bit - if it was valid for only a year, then you would be eligible to go to FSP first/second course in 2010, if you were ADFA non-education award entry.

waryap

HSC
ahhh well, I would like 95+
However, I'd really like 97+ so I can do B. Commerce (International) at UNSW. otherwise, I'll go to UTS for that particular course for only 94.
But I'm all just talk =] gotta show myself worthy first.

considering where I see myself... not sure hahaha let's see where my path leads to.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
apparently u have to do heaps of extra curricular activities to get into medicine... something that I lack

Phyk101

HSC

Unfortunately for you, people who apply for the Education Award have to apply in Year 11 - oh, and take a look at the FSP schedule - there's been 2011 FSP's running for a while. At first I thought the same as you (but in regards to the assessment day), but the CC explained the above to me.

EDIT: I also lol'd out loud when reading the "halfway through year 12" bit - if it was valid for only a year, then you would be eligible to go to FSP first/second course in 2010, if you were ADFA non-education award entry.
Entry to ADFA is not until March mate so that would mean the date that you are commissioned would roughly be a year after the middle of year 12...... And ADFA education awards are not awarded till term 2 year 12 and thats directly quoted from defencejobs. Alsoeven if you have already got the award it doesent mean your accepted into ADFA which is also in clear writing. There are so many pilot applicants for ADFA 2010 that they would have got the flight screening spots even if there where some. I know this because I too have also applied for the ADFA education award and can not sit an ASSESMENT DAY until January let alone get sent to Tamworth already and know many ADF Aircrew through my work exp and trust me If I could have done flight screening by now I would have... And by the way everyone make sure you check that flight screening program http://www.airforce.gov.au/psa/docs/schedule2009.pdf . It doesent mention a thing about ADFA 2011. BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ACCEPTED INTO ADFA UNTIL YOU ARE IN YEAR 12 AND IN TERM 2 RECIVING THE EDUCATION AWARD AND EVEN THEN IF YOUR LUCKEY YOU GET ACCEPTED INTO ADFA!!! People have mentioned your bullcrap before mate so just get it off your living a dream.

Phyk101

HSC

And the biggest giveaway is that on your profile your replying to questions about the Physical Fitness Test.... YOU DONT DO THAT TEST TILL 6 weeks before joining. YOUR FULL OF IT!

fully223

HSC
Finish with ATAR of Hopfully 85+
Go and do either Computer Science, Information Technology (Possibly Business aswell) or Web Development at a university or Private Institution. Also get a part time entry level IT job as I will have Cert II IT from TAFE.
Keeping my options open.

VK2FMCR

The One and Only..
HSC
I want a UAI/ATAR of Atleast 85, So I can do a BSc at ANU. A UAI/ATAR of 95+ would be unbelievable, then I would do BSc (Advanced). I want to be An Astronomer.

joshuarG

HSC
i plan to get 93+ so that i can study psychology at macquarie uni :D

but i would be really happy with anything over 90 :)

anyone else aspiring for psychology at all?

captainvagina

HSC
im hoping for an atar of over 92. then ill go do engineering at either sydney or uts then get a job........then maybe do masters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)