Future Plans (UAI/Uni/Tafe/Job) (1 Viewer)

jennaaa

HSC
Re: What UAI&Course are you aiming for?

I AM! I applied for CSU. The cut off is 90 so my definite aim is 90+
If i dont make ill toss up doing Medical Science or Oral Health and then go postgrad dentistry.
oh wow thats awesome :) i'm going to check the university out next week so i'll let you what the campus is like =P if you get an interview you will have to let me know what kind of stuff they ask (y)

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad

:spam: I would really like to get straight into medicine/surgery with a uai of 99.95 but thats not going to happen so i will work my way around it. Eventually, i want to become a psychiatrist, dermatologist or surgeon.

minty388

HSC

international studies at uts or unsw

or international//global studies at usyd

or arts/primary education wherever i can get in

or maybe nursing somewhere

im aiming for anything above 80 :)

ashllis92

HSC

Man there are many many many med hopefuls... we must congregate here or something!
I'm aiming for Med/Arts at UNSW, I think I can get in with a 97 ATAR but I want 99 (I'm rural and I think my interview went pretty well, my UMAT was average for rural entry too)
Failing that I'd like to do vet science 98.3 or arts/nursing 85.2 at USYD so I'm reasonably confident I'll get one of my top three preferences

saberbladexx

HSC

B.HSFY at Otago-92, then in to second year MB ChB

determine

Premium Member
HSC

ummmmmz i wannna lykeee getttt in2 a uniiverseti wif 85 < ATAR. :balloon: thennnnn ma life will be all gutt n ill be soo happpeeeee! xD :hammer:

sydmed2010

HSC

gave up on medicine....
aiming for mechanical engineering at UOW

Need: ATAR 79.85
Aim: ATAR 85

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC

either economics/arts (~86?)
or finance/law (~96)
at ANU

nonsenseTM

HSC

Nice. I am guranteed for one (AA) and I should definitely get Access. Yay, now I only need 85 ATAR for my desired course.
But isn't there a restriction on the maximum Atar points you get from these schemes? I think it's 5 for USYD and UNSW.

Thecorey0

HSC

But isn't there a restriction on the maximum Atar points you get from these schemes? I think it's 5 for USYD and UNSW.
Yes, at UNSW there is is a maximum of 5 from each scheme. However when added together, the maximum is 10, between the academic achivement award, HSC plus and EAS. I have no idea for USYD though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I'd like to announce my intention for a Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at Sydney University. I also want to get into the Talented Students Program, because apparently they make things that can project a pumpkin a kilometre. Sounds fun. =P

So obviously for me... 99.95 ATAR.

If not, 91.45 ATAR I think for Bachelor of Medical Science.

nonsenseTM

HSC

so does any one know the maximum Atar points you can get from Usyd from these schemes? and what's academic achivement award?

Thecorey0

HSC

so does any one know the maximum Atar points you can get from Usyd from these schemes? and what's academic achivement award?
It is a scholarship specific to UNSW. It basically gives you 5 points for anything other then medicine. It also gives you $4000. Each school nominates their most academic student. It doesn't matter what school it is, or how smart/dumb it is, each school can get it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

so unfair how $4000 is given to the top student of each school. (even if it's a dumb school) What happens in you don't go to UNSW?

I think i know who's going to get it from my school, and it's definitely not going to be me. Do other universities have similar scholarships?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

so unfair how $4000 is given to the top student of each school. (even if it's a dumb school) What happens in you don't go to UNSW?

I think i know who's going to get it from my school, and it's definitely not going to be me. Do other universities have similar scholarships?
4000 is only given to those who go to UNSW. And...4000 may not be given even if you go to UNSW if you don't get 5 atar points within ur desired course.

so if the course is 99.45 (law) and if you get 94.40 (and that's OUTSIDE the 5 bonus atar), you cannot get into the course and not get the scholarship.

jovceski123

HSC

B. Surveying at Newcastle (ATAR 74.35)

suling

HSC

Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Teaching at UNE, majoring in Ancient History and Classics..need 75, aiming for 95+, just cos' can =)

treetime

HSC

B Arts (Psychology) at Sydney Uni
so i'll need 98+
but since that may be unlikely, i'm aiming for at least 90+ which will get me into other courses i'd love just as much :)

Klutsov

HSC

ATAR Aim: high 90's

Course aim: B. Psycological Science or B. Mathematical Science (hopefully both) at Uni of Adelaide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)