#Gamergate: What is really going on in the gaming industry? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The whole 'gamergate' is incomprehensible, it's a group of individuals with disparate ambitions, often dishonest or obfuscated.

Like this cartoon claiming it's about 'integrity in games journalism', which is a frequently vocalised claim to credibility.

Yet the majority of twitter/discussion/rage/all your posts are about zoe quinn and/or anita sarkesian, neither of whom are journalists, or have any relevance to that subject.

Is it about 'integrity in journalism', or 'feminists are wrong'? Why is the '#GG' man in this cartoon even engaging with the 'Anti GG', if all he cares about is journalism? Shouldn't the 'Anti GG' be a journalist or something, why are they even a feminist? He's obviously a liar when he claims all he cares about is journalism, given he wants to argue against feminists in the first box.

I wouldn't say 'video games are stupid', I like some video game.

Last edited:

hsc3hard5me

HSC
That's tangenital to criticism of Zoe Quinn though, which is how this whole thing blew up.

From reading the wiki article article on this, Zoe Quinn is a games developer, released a controversial game about mental illness, she had a relationship with a games journalist, people hysterically jumped to the conclusion she gained favourable press for her game as a result.

This has been comprehensively debunked as untrue, it didn't happen.

According to Quinn, "the Internet spent the last month spreading my personal information around, sending me threats, hacking anyone suspected of being friends with me, calling my dad and telling him I'm a whore, sending nude photos of me to colleagues, and basically giving me the 'burn the witch' treatment".

I don't know Quinn's views on 'social justice', but as far as I know Quinn was just some fringe independent figure doing her own thing, not a significant "part of a larger encroachment on "social justice" political correctness".

So the story really is just about misogynistic jerks ruining some woman's life for no reason. Even if you think there needs to be a men's space free from the encroachment of feminism, the abusers in this case went outside of that space for no reason, and inflicted harm upon someone who wasn't a threat to that space.
Didn't she sleep with 5+ review companies to gain exposure for her game Depression Quest? How did they get nudes of her

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Didn't she sleep with 5+ review companies to gain exposure for her game Depression Quest? How did they get nudes of her
yes because that's how the world works, a chick bangs a few dudes and they help them. totally. all the time.

fucking retarded how people think women have some kind of spell that can make men do shit if they fuck them.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
look even if this was a thing and even if hypothetically journalistic integrity on kotaku and games sites was a matter of major concern then it's still stupid because if it's anyone's fault it's the guys who are so fixated on sex with the one woman to the extent they get magically enslaved to do whatever she desires just to get some of that poon.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Gamergate on Colbert, with Sarkeesian interview.

[youtube]IosGtGjUxvQ[/youtube]

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
"there's many of us women who have been playing games our whole life"

wow, still lying out of her filthy jew ass

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Someone who was there in the studio audience said something vaguely like that exchange occured, to which Sarkeesian said some unspecified response, and comedy central are literally worse than refienstahl because ~get this~ it turns out interviews on the Colbert report are edited! (People expressed actual surprise to learn tv is edited, and the editing of satirical news shows is obviously part of the 'sjw' elders conspiracy).

Associated indignation is over comedy central disallowing comments on the youtube video (mah free speech), and a campaign to release the full unedited interview, which has gone unheeded, making comedy central literally north korea.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
^ contrary to popular belief, that is not boxxy... :(

However, it does look like her, a lot! But nice try...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)