gender roles (1 Viewer)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
what do you guys (and gals) think of gender roles?

personally i'd want my spouse to be a great cook.

i can cook, and i'm happy helping out though.

on the other hand, i absolutely hate cleaning and won't.

girls, is it not fair if i work overtime to pay for a housekeeper?
ie. if i get paid $40/hr, and can get someone to clean for $20/hr, that's a comparative advantage..

i however, have no problem taking care of the kids, in regards to taking paternity leave etc.

am i old-fashioned?

what're your thoughts guys?

HSC
N/A
what do you guys (and gals) think of gender roles?

personally i'd want my spouse to be a great cook.

i can cook, and i'm happy helping out though.

on the other hand, i absolutely hate cleaning and won't.

girls, is it not fair if i work overtime to pay for a housekeeper?
ie. if i get paid $40/hr, and can get someone to clean for $20/hr, that's a comparative advantage..

i however, have no problem taking care of the kids, in regards to taking paternity leave etc.

am i old-fashioned?

what're your thoughts guys?
well... as far as your beliefs concern. i think they are fair.

if you said that you want your spouse to stay home and be a "house wife" and be on hand and foot for you... then i wuldve called you old fashioned. and prob say some other things too.

but personally i think that girls should be able to clean. but like in terms of cleaning after you.. e.g. you leave your plates/rubbish lying around the house, i would prob make you pick it up yourself. you eat a packet of chips, dont expect me to throw the packet in the bin for you.

cooking. well thats straight forward. there should be some sharing in the cooking coz i know i would get lazy after a while and not bother to cook.

okay also another thing... how about your terms for freedom/free time for your spouse? what kind of things would you let her do and not do? e.g. her going out with her friends, going on weekend trips with her friends or work.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
okay also another thing... how about your terms for freedom/free time for your spouse? what kind of things would you let her do and not do? e.g. her going out with her friends, going on weekend trips with her friends or work.
is this a double standard where the boys can be boys?

well i'd have to trust my wife.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
im career orientated and hate kids so fuck tradition

bio_nut

HSC
Your marriage would end very quickly in divorce if you refuse to clean, and then are never home as you're working overtime to fund a cleaner instead.

You're going to have to learn to clean up after yourself when you move out of home anyway. No one likes it, it's a fact of life, grow up.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
husband and wife do whatever, no gender specific roles for me and the extremely lucky woman who gets to be my wife.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
well not overtime, that was more of an illustration

i'd imagine i'll be on 50k as soon as i graduate from uni

and of course i wont be a fat lazy sod watching tv with godknows what growing out of my arse

bio_nut

HSC
Any woman I know who would be worth marrying still would have no respect for a man who won't clean.

HSC
N/A
is this a double standard where the boys can be boys?

well i'd have to trust my wife.

yes double standard.

if you're allowed to go out and hang with the boys why can't i go and hang with my girls?

now for ME... i am quite flexable with the whole going out thing. i would let my spouse go out when he wants BUT not like every day kind of thing. and i trust him enough to come home and tease him and ask if any girls have hit on him. bahah. also on one of his birthdays i want him to go out to a club/strip club (whatever) and id sneak some cash in his pocket and whisper "pick a hottie ;) " (i saw this in bachelor party 2. i was like "omg thats something id do") bahaha. but thats just me. im laid back.

the only thing that i wont take is him making out with another girl. as long as he has no sex with any other chick, im happy :)

its just mutual respect.

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
Fair enough if you hate cleaning, but housekeeper or no, you'd need to pull your weight somewhere else. Otherwise your wife will get pissed pretty quickly.

Yeah, you'd take care of the kids and pay for the cleaning, but then what about everything else? Picking said kids up, doing the laundry, paying the bills, maintaining the garden, taking out the trash, buying the groceries, etc.

bio_nut

HSC
And you idiot, if you're on paternity leave and she's working, of course you're going to have to clean.

edit: b10

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Picking said kids up, doing the laundry, paying the bills, maintaining the garden, taking out the trash, buying the groceries, etc.
no problem i'll be a great dad.

laundry.. not so much.

bills - sure

garden - heck, that's what i do now.

trash - sure

groceries - what i do now

bio_nut

HSC
There are no double standards in terms of hanging out with friends, what kind of sexist, backwards, barbaric backgrounds where women have to ask for permission to do stuff do you kids come from???

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
yes double standard.

if you're allowed to go out and hang with the boys why can't i go and hang with my girls?

now for ME... i am quite flexable with the whole going out thing. i would let my spouse go out when he wants BUT not like every day kind of thing. and i trust him enough to come home and tease him and ask if any girls have hit on him. bahah. also on one of his birthdays i want him to go out to a club/strip club (whatever) and id sneak some cash in his pocket and whisper "pick a hottie ;) " (i saw this in bachelor party 2. i was like "omg thats something id do") bahaha. but thats just me. im laid back.

the only thing that i wont take is him making out with another girl. as long as he has no sex with any other chick, im happy :)

its just mutual respect.

really?

i mean there's a fine line between that,
he might get confused and think you're into the swinger scene and get into that

bio_nut

HSC
no problem i'll be a great dad.

laundry.. not so much.

bills - sure

garden - heck, that's what i do now.

trash - sure

groceries - what i do now
You're going to HAVE to do laundry, you're home during the day when it needs to dry. By the time the wife came home it would be too late to put a load on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)