gender roles (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I don't think there should be any *gender* specific roles in a contemporary relationship. I think it should be personality specific taking into account equality. I'm a fairly neat person but then I hate washing up dishes. So I'd clean the house willingly and then hate the dishes. I think whoever enjoys something the most should do it. If I absolutely despise said dishes then it would be nice if my wife would wash them. Of course it'd have to be equal.

I don't think girls should be stuck to domestic duties (cooking/cleaning) and I don't think males should be stuck to maintenance type duties (fixing things, mowing the lawn etc). It's so much more logical to suit it to someone's abilities or likes/dislikes.
everywhere i see you you're making awesome posts

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
dont watch home and away
dont drink beer
not a bogan
i wont beat my wife.

wife-beating is usually an intergenerational cycle.
my dad never hit my mom physically, so i dont think it will happen to me.

EDIT: ffs put image tags back on

HSC
N/A
lots of reasons.
couldbe:

1. bored
2. populate the earth? ie. sow seeds
3. complacency (similar to 1.)
4. not fulfilled
5. just to see if you can get away with it

hmm. i just find it very... striking. its actually disturbing to think that hes even considering these things. okay, so hes just kinda making a joke out of the dating site. but why did he even think of it?

and in relation to the thread, he doesnt do much. he goes to work from like 9 till 6 or something ridiculous like that (hes the manager of a flooring company). he doesnt spend much time with his kids... hes always on facebook playing poker and losing all the time :/ seems a bit sad to ditch your family for facebook.

the male mind continues to puzzle me.......

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
*shrugs*

you're a guy. lols

i dont really have anything else to back up my theory. oh well.

okay.. so why do guys cheat anyway. i know this "man" whos like in he's forties and he told me hes on a dating website and talking to these girls... BUT hes currently married with two children.
WHY?

I'd love you forever. But I just quoted the wrong post. The whole trust thing and the money to the husband for the stripper. A girl who is truly trusting is probably one of the biggest qualities sought after in my books and would be for many males. More would notice once they've been in a jealousy-filled relationship.

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
For you Christians, your 10th Commandment states:

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

This overtly suggests, wifes belong to their husbands, and are in the same category as their oxen and donkeys.
No wonder Theism is such a misogynist.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

This overtly suggests, wifes belong to their husbands, and are in the same category as their oxen and donkeys.
i dont hate girls lol

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

it doesnt say "anything ELSE that belongs to your neighbour", just "anything", but yeah, mysogynism sucks.

HSC
N/A
I'd love you forever. But I just quoted the wrong post. The whole trust thing and the money to the husband for the stripper. A girl who is truly trusting is probably one of the biggest qualities sought after in my books and would be for many males. More would notice once they've been in a jealousy-filled relationship.
bahahhaha i try my hardest to please the men.

and not give them a reason to seek else where for freedom :)

i got everything a guy needs right here.

HSC
I cook everything, unless I'm sick. Or occasionally around an assessment.

He cleans, unless I've messed up a room or something. Or if it is around assessments/he's sick.
He takes out the trash.
He mows the lawn.

It might sound like it's out of balance, but cooking often includes "get me a sammich" and drinks throughout the day and shiz.

If I bake something, he will do my laundry.

I hate babbies. Will never have any.

We have mutual trust, so either of us can go anywhere, anytime.

And that's about it.

Guesss

HSC
am i old-fashioned?

what're your thoughts guys?
Nope, thats pretty fair.

yes double standard.

if you're allowed to go out and hang with the boys why can't i go and hang with my girls?

now for ME... i am quite flexable with the whole going out thing. i would let my spouse go out when he wants BUT not like every day kind of thing. and i trust him enough to come home and tease him and ask if any girls have hit on him. bahah. also on one of his birthdays i want him to go out to a club/strip club (whatever) and id sneak some cash in his pocket and whisper "pick a hottie ;) " (i saw this in bachelor party 2. i was like "omg thats something id do") bahaha. but thats just me. im laid back.

the only thing that i wont take is him making out with another girl. as long as he has no sex with any other chick, im happy :)

its just mutual respect.
Omg was talking to my friend bout something similar the other day, was begginning to think i ws the only one who'd do that sorta thing/be cool with it.

ahah. i meant that in all fun. not to be a weekend expedition at the end of each week.

i meant it out of like the relationship to be not so uptight. and so restricted. you kno. i dont really have jelousy issues... coz its like this.. why would you get jelous if some chick is talking up your guy, but at the end of the day he'll be coming home with you. (vice versa).

some guys will take that offer as a chance to cheat. others, will take it as some fun and then theyr happy to come home and know their wife trusts them. well thats wat i think.
Once again...exactly the same view.

Rep'd :p

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
everywhere i see you you're making awesome posts
I've found myself agreeing with you also. (Y)

bahahhaha i try my hardest to please the men.

and not give them a reason to seek else where for freedom :)

i got everything a guy needs right here.
That does sound lovely, like really lovely. However "I got everything a guy needs right here" does sound like something a possessive and jealous type of girl would say.

I cook everything, unless I'm sick. Or occasionally around an assessment.

He cleans, unless I've messed up a room or something. Or if it is around assessments/he's sick.
He takes out the trash.
He mows the lawn.

It might sound like it's out of balance, but cooking often includes "get me a sammich" and drinks throughout the day and shiz.

If I bake something, he will do my laundry.

I hate babbies. Will never have any.

We have mutual trust, so either of us can go anywhere, anytime.

And that's about it.
It sounds pretty good. Taking out the trash + lawn isn't really a daily thing so I balance it with cooking.

HSC
Seriously though, how can you have a relationship without trusting the person? Like, my boyfriend has a female best friend.

I have been asked a ridiculous amount of times if that makes me uncomfortable. Yes, she's attractive. Yes, she's engaging. But trust is not a conditional thing. So I trust him to respect our relationship regardless of the circumstances.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Seriously though, how can you have a relationship without trusting the person? Like, my boyfriend has a female best friend.

I have been asked a ridiculous amount of times if that makes me uncomfortable. Yes, she's attractive. Yes, she's engaging. But trust is not a conditional thing. So I trust him to respect our relationship regardless of the circumstances.
Low self esteem + insecurity. Easy does it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)