gone
HSC
no problem i'll be a great dad.

laundry.. not so much.

bills - sure

garden - heck, that's what i do now.

trash - sure

groceries - what i do now

right now i wash the dishes whenever im the last person eating, or if ive seen my sister's the last person eating, but ive seen her doing heaps of stuff around the house (but sometimes i cbf'd), put out clothes/bring em in when asked, iron my work shirts, vacuuming upstairs is my job.
i do laundry when parents are overseas, trash if i see bins need emptying.
that stuff's easily do-able, dudes.

Last edited:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
right now i wash the dishes whenever im the last person eating, or if ive seen my sister has been doing heaps of stuff around the house (but sometimes i cbf'd), put out clothes/bring em in when asked, iron my work shirts, vacuuming upstairs is my job.
i do laundry when parents are overseas, trash if i see bins need emptying.
that stuff's easily do-able, dudes.
yeah i do that stuff sometimes too..
not recently though cause i was on sabbatical cause of the hsc :p

HSC
N/A
really?

i mean there's a fine line between that,
he might get confused and think you're into the swinger scene and get into that

ahah. i meant that in all fun. not to be a weekend expedition at the end of each week.

i meant it out of like the relationship to be not so uptight. and so restricted. you kno. i dont really have jelousy issues... coz its like this.. why would you get jelous if some chick is talking up your guy, but at the end of the day he'll be coming home with you. (vice versa).

some guys will take that offer as a chance to cheat. others, will take it as some fun and then theyr happy to come home and know their wife trusts them. well thats wat i think.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
also i fix whatever problems there are with our family laptop, and i help in gardening, meaning hedge trimming, or lawn mowing (i hate this, very hayfeverish), or trimming some small tree, or chopping down small tree or helping dad chop down small tree. He has to be all alpha male and wield the axe/saw, i hold the tree steady :/ stfu dad ur old and weak.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
also i fix whatever problems there are with our family laptop, and i help in gardening, meaning hedge trimming, or lawn mowing (i hate this, very hayfeverish), or trimming some small tree, or chopping down small tree or helping dad chop down small tree. He has to be all alpha male and wield the axe/saw, i hold the tree steady :/ stfu dad ur old and weak.
lolol.

reminds me of the time when me and my dad removed this dead tree.

we digged around it, and cut out the rotos. and he was like 'we have to dig deeper',
and im like nahh ill just push it , and i did and it fell =D

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
some guys will take that offer as a chance to cheat. others, will take it as some fun and then theyr happy to come home and know their wife trusts them. well thats wat i think.

no i think if you do that he'll just cheat lol.

i mean some guys just cheat to see if they can get away with it

bio_nut

HSC
I hate it when guys are like, I mow the lawn blah blah

It's like woo, the women do almost all the hosuehold chores, EVERY DAY, and the guys think their one off contribution makes up for it!!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lolol.

reminds me of the time when me and my dad removed this dead tree.

we digged around it, and cut out the rotos. and he was like 'we have to dig deeper',
and im like nahh ill just push it , and i did and it fell =D
I SWEAR HE NEARLY FUKIN SAWD OFF MY LEG ONCE!

he's using chainsaw, he's like "ok omie pull this stump steady while i saw through the other half of the base trunk", if i pulled any harder the chainsaw would've slipped and my foot would've been gone. stomach lurchiness right there, and he didnt even realise.

seriously, half the time all he needs to do is cut halfway (becuase i dunno he's like a little boy, likes to cut things), then i'll just pull it down, but nooooo "omg i dont want you to hurt yourself my little dearest child "

FUCK, I'LL RAGE THIS TREE DOWN :mad:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I hate it when guys are like, I mow the lawn blah blah

It's like woo, the women do almost all the hosuehold chores, EVERY DAY, and the guys think their one off contribution makes up for it!!
yeah same, 1 thing does not equal many things.

good thing i dont do this :D

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
what do you guys (and gals) think of gender roles?

personally i'd want my spouse to be a great cook.

i can cook, and i'm happy helping out though.

on the other hand, i absolutely hate cleaning and won't.

girls, is it not fair if i work overtime to pay for a housekeeper?
ie. if i get paid $40/hr, and can get someone to clean for $20/hr, that's a comparative advantage..

i however, have no problem taking care of the kids, in regards to taking paternity leave etc.

am i old-fashioned?

what're your thoughts guys?
You strike me as the kind of mindless mule, of whose main aspiration in life is to obtain some domestic serf, so that you can finally indulge in what you have always dreamed of, to descend supine upon the couch, in front of Home and Away and turn that tap of, already dripping, thought off, forever. And live unconsciously for the rest of your bogan, wife beating days.

HSC
N/A
no i think if you do that he'll just cheat lol.

i mean some guys just cheat to see if they can get away with it
*shrugs*

you're a guy. lols

i dont really have anything else to back up my theory. oh well.

okay.. so why do guys cheat anyway. i know this "man" whos like in he's forties and he told me hes on a dating website and talking to these girls... BUT hes currently married with two children.
WHY?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I SWEAR HE NEARLY FUKIN SAWD OFF MY LEG ONCE!

he's using chainsaw, he's like "ok omie pull this stump steady while i saw through the other half of the base trunk", if i pulled any harder the chainsaw would've slipped and my foot would've been gone. stomach lurchiness right there, and he didnt even realise.

seriously, half the time all he needs to do is cut halfway (becuase i dunno he's like a little boy, likes to cut things), then i'll just pull it down, but nooooo "omg i dont want you to hurt yourself my little dearest child "

FUCK, I'LL RAGE THIS TREE DOWN :mad:
lololol.
give him one of those vouchers for those tutorials at bunnings..

for chainsaws, you only do it half way, and then cut in the same direction in an angle, kind of like a triangle, towards where you want the tree to fall..

><

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
You strike me as the kind of mindless mule, of whose main aspiration in life is to obtain some domestic serf, so that you can finally indulge in what you have always dreamed of, to descend supine upon the couch, in front of Home and Away and turn that tap of, already dripping, thought off, forever. And live unconsciously for the rest of your bogan, wife beating days.
dont watch home and away
dont drink beer
not a bogan
i wont beat my wife.

wife-beating is usually an intergenerational cycle.
my dad never hit my mom physically, so i dont think it will happen to me.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I don't think there should be any *gender* specific roles in a contemporary relationship. I think it should be personality specific taking into account equality. I'm a fairly neat person but then I hate washing up dishes. So I'd clean the house willingly and then hate the dishes. I think whoever enjoys something the most should do it. If I absolutely despise said dishes then it would be nice if my wife would wash them. Of course it'd have to be equal.

I don't think girls should be stuck to domestic duties (cooking/cleaning) and I don't think males should be stuck to maintenance type duties (fixing things, mowing the lawn etc). It's so much more logical to suit it to someone's abilities or likes/dislikes.

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
When it comes down to it you have to be flexible. If there's laundry, you do it. If she can't cook tonight because she's tired, you do it. Similarly, if you need a hand in the garden, she'd better hoist her ass out there.

But as long as you're not like "bitch, it's your job to clean, not mine" and pull your weight, it's fine.

The kids thing is a bit tricky. If she was really against it but you wanted them, it would either be a) selfish of you to coerce her or b) selfish of her to deny you. While she is the one to carry it under her heart for 9 months and blah blah blah, I don't think a woman should have the final decision. That's just my view, though it doesn't really apply to me as I do want kids eventually.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
*shrugs*

you're a guy. lols

i dont really have anything else to back up my theory. oh well.

okay.. so why do guys cheat anyway. i know this "man" whos like in he's forties and he told me hes on a dating website and talking to these girls... BUT hes currently married with two children.
WHY?
lots of reasons.
couldbe:

1. bored
2. populate the earth? ie. sow seeds
3. complacency (similar to 1.)
4. not fulfilled
5. just to see if you can get away with it

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
dont watch home and away
dont drink beer
not a bogan
i wont beat my wife.

wife-beating is usually an intergenerational cycle.
my dad never hit my mom physically, so i dont think it will happen to me.
Clearly as a Christian, you take a female to be a mans property (as mandated by the bible) relegated to the same category as his carpets and oxen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)