General Discussion on the 2005 HSC marks/UAI (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
Ok so all day I have been feeling uber nervous and now i feel nothing. Does that mean I went bad? Is it just my subconcious resigning myself to my pathetic fate? I need to analyse what this means *runs around in a frenzy*
It's just shock, sweets :) You're all nervoused-out.

Why not do something else to take your mind off?

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
IT ISN't POSSIBLE Glitter!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:'(
i was so confident when i had finished my exams,,, now im like oh dear god... SO ANXIOUS

HSC
N/A
Everybody!

Calm down!

Close your eyes. Take a really deep breath - in, then out. Do it again. In...2...3...4... exhale....2...3...4...

Then hug yourself :) And smile :)

Think about why you're stressed. Is it because of something unknown? Well, you're going to find out tommorrow (duh!) so it's just a matter of time. Mentally add imaginary time - pretend it's two weeks back, No worries!

If you're stressing that it's the end of the world, remember - it's really not. There are SO MANY backways into University these days - the UAI is just one of them. On saturday, it's just a sign to tell you whether you'e going to go via the UAI system (if you're planning on Uni). And if it's not what you want/need, then you just go via one of the other ways. Really, there's nothing to worry about :)

Sitting there and letting the stress build inside of you isn't healthy and it'll only continue to make a mountain out of a molehill. Get up from your chair, and turn around three times before sitting back down :) Small things to clear your head will really help :) Get a cup of warm milk, too :)

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I am happy anxious - excited :D

I just want to know NOW what I got for sure.... I am sure I will survive if I get a Uai of 29..... I will just laugh about it and pretend I didn't even try

I don't care if I don't get into UNI, I haven't applied for anything, I just wanna see how all my efforts into the schoolwork and exams resulted!

sly fly

HSC
^I'm practically positive you'll get over 29.......over 50 actually

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
thanks sly_fly :)
I really hope so. I am aiming for over 66 for my UAI
and I hope my hsc mark for each subject is at least over 60!!
If my wishes can be granted I will be ever so happy
if not, oh well... I just wanna see if studying really does pay off!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
glitterfairy said:
It's just shock, sweets :) You're all nervoused-out.

Why not do something else to take your mind off?
Ahh what would we do without you glitterfairy.

I'm packing now for when I go overseas, so that seems to be making me less crazy.

HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
Ahh what would we do without you glitterfairy.
*shrugs* you might be... less glittery? lol!

This is just the storm before the calm. The worst part is not actually "omg will I fail, or am I ok?", it's just plain not knowing. One you get your HSC marks and UAI, you'll know what to do from thereon.

If you can just look at it in perspective - if you get the UAI you want, fine. You enter uni via UAC. If you don't get the UAI you want/need, then you go via non-award or something like that. Fine.

:)

It's like flipping a coin - it'll be one or another. We're just waiting for the coin to land so we can see what it is. But it's nothing worth agonising over!

iluvnathen

HSC
Omg Omg Omg

I cant believe we get our results tmw. I dont want them!! I know I'll b disappointed I just know it. But then I get this tiny bits of hope that maybe just maybe I'll get results that I can tell my parents, family, family friends and nosy- ppl that- want -you -to -go- badly-so they- can- boast-about-their-over-achieving-kids. And then I wont look like the idiot that bothered to do assessments and study and try and didnt get anywhere because of being naturally stupid.

*starts to think but finds head empty*

I still have a feeling I'l b disappointed...

HSC
N/A
Your hsc marks are your hsc marks are your hsc marks. Once you get them, they can't be changed. And really, they're not that much of a big deal - in a little while (only a little while) most people will have forgotten, and almost everyone won't care. :)

Regardless of what you get, you got through the hell that is known as the HSC. Would you rather stick with the "lower" UAI and move on to bigger and better things, or kick yourself and *gasp* repeat the HSC in an attempt to get a better UAI?

I am SO glad my HSC is over!

HSC
N/A
In all honesty, the HSC was the most stressful thing I've ever done in my whole entire life... save a gig I had to do last month. First-year Uni for me was an absolute breeze in comparison!

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
i just got freaked out

i've been blissfully calm about it all day and now i've just started freaking out.

I DONT WANT TO KNOW. :(
You'll only freak out about it if you think about it.

Quick! Think of something else! Birds! Trees! Fairies! Bunny rabbits! anything!

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I think watching others (or at least reading) freak out has an effect on yourself. So if you're freaking out, then you should get off BOS for now unless you want to be at the point of crying by the time its 6am.... :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)