General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
eh maybe i exaggerated. i noticed um about 6 people? so out of 38...16%. whatever. more than i expected!
ahh, I guess so, I saw Nadine leave at one point... but she was sitting in front of me, it would be hard not to notice. Ancient does seem like a topic you could have another half hour for (for the essay haha)

but 3 hours suited me superbly this test

actually no

1 more minute and I would have reread the streetscapes one and though "oh dear." And then fixed it :p

hey, do you know whats with the randoms in our exams??? are homeschooled people directed to our exam centre or something?

steve hanley

HSC
Christi-E said:
I feel fabulous about that exam.

Some of the questions were worth more than they should have been though- such as Hatshepsut's foreign policy.
yeh i agree for hatshepsuts foreign policy there isnt enough you can write for 15 marks i mean she hardly lead any military campaigns so it was basically all focused on trading expeditions i ended up just information dumping thinking i hadnt writing enough

domf22

HSC
who cares.... im finished and getting maget... was easiest exam in world.... what they were looking for with sparta is that in the long term it had a positive impact on them bcos it result in them gaining dominance and power, shown through the fact that they were the first to be asked to join the delian league. and their loses's in the war were minimal.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Patar said:
ahh, I guess so, I saw Nadine leave at one point... but she was sitting in front of me, it would be hard not to notice. Ancient does seem like a topic you could have another half hour for (for the essay haha)

but 3 hours suited me superbly this test

actually no

1 more minute and I would have reread the streetscapes one and though "oh dear." And then fixed it :p

hey, do you know whats with the randoms in our exams??? are homeschooled people directed to our exam centre or something?
i didn't notice any randoms...
where were they?

HSC
yoyotommo said:
yea its only pompeii that had the grid pattern, herculaneum may have but they have not excavated enough of it yet to know....... but lol i forgot to talk about the grid patterns n e way so meh.
lol just went back on this and found some interesting stuff.

yeah i wrote something like "herculaneum had a grid pattern, as far as we can tell since only a few blocks have been excavated bcoz of the modern city on top of it""
well i guess i failed that bit lol.

ees1

HSC
I said Herculaneum had a grid pattern... pretty sure it does, and it divides the city into the typical Roman insulae. But whatever, exam was moderate over all and now the HSC is done!

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
fuck ancient.

that is all.

never have to touch that shit again.

thank fuck

Debbo

HSC
I was quite happy with the exam :)

Although I think the later 2 questions for society (Ramesside) were a bit specific and I had to rely on my long term memory from trials.

But overall it was a good exam - also considering I was expecting the apocalpyse!!!!

rani.g.

HSC
much easier than i thought - but i was still ridiculously underprepared and am dissapointed with that..

P&H - ok, but a bit specific, waffled extensively
Sparta - straightforward, bonus marks really
Xerxes - oh yes, very nice - building program and rebellions allowed for a little interpretation, so i just got my ideas together and ran with them!
Persia - chose a) - did anyone else only talk about Cyrus II and Cambyses II (after all, they were the only ones that actually expanded the exmpire in a significant way, Darius and Xerxes both failed at that).

Justina

HSC
I thought it would have been so much harder.
I found it ok - could have gone better, but could have gone a lot worse.

I took a gamble and it paid off :) i only studied around 1/3 of the last topic and i got a question i could actually answer! Was very pleased about that.

But i think i screwed up the P + H section. Didn't really study enough for it.

But overall, i'm satisfied (and much relieved). One exam to goooooooooooo =)

morgoe

HSC
Questions were alright I guess. Didn't like P/H, the ampitheatre.. leisure and politics is all I did, for 8 marks. The last question was a bit iffy too. The first source looked like preservation to me, so I said that temporary measures were taken until proper reconstruction could be funded.

The Sparta one about Lycurgun reforms looked hard but turned out to be alright. The one on Caesar, motives for assassination I think might have thrown a few people a bit. I had quite a bit on that, signs he wanted to become king, personal vendettas of Brutus, etc.

Last question, Fall of the Republic, we didn't really cover much after Caesar's assassination as theres always 2 questions so if one was post-44BC we could do the other one. The question was like "What happened between 60 and 53".. way too basic I think. I could have done a lot better with a harder question, all my quotes were geared towards analysis, etc. So I ended up making up quotes...ie. Pompey was not used to gang warfare (according to plutarch), without the actual quotation marks so I didnt have to know the exact thing.

SO glad its over. Now a week to study for art.... psht.

Kew

HSC
morgoe said:
The Sparta one about Lycurgun reforms looked hard but turned out to be alright.
I was stumped at the first look of that question. I had not done much study on Lycurgus, but it soon came to me & I basically talked about basically... everything, as it was so extensive & linked to many things of how the social structure & state as a whole worked, etc..

I hope my answer turned out to be alright, haha.

x..starmile..x

HSC
I have a random question.
I'm ranked first in assessment at my school, I worked the assessment mark out to be approximately 94.
However leading up to the HSC exam I've been having a hard time + I just had a mind fuck in the exam and long story short, I will fail miserably.
I was under the impression that no matter what, because I was ranked first in assessment, I'd get the highest exam mark in my year.
Can anyone clarify what happens cos I've heard so many different versions of what happens and I'm confused!

Gatorade

HSC
you'd still get the highest ASSESSMENT mark of your school which counts for 50% but your EXAM mark (the other 50%) will come from how well you did in the HSC.

Annalisee

HSC
I studied so so so hard and fucked up. i'm so dissapointed.
to top off a wonderfully shit day my friends dad died the night before in a car crash with another guy from our school who died as well.
this is fucking rediculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)