General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Re: Not hard?

Question 26
One ethical - Sugging, Legal - Misleading advertising
One Financial issue(high amount of accounts receivable/low account receivable turnover ratio)--> two strategies were Discount and factoring
Communication system to improve E.R -Grievance procedures (neg, med, conc, arb), team briefings, worker participation.

BOOM, hoping 15+/20.

Bored as brew

HSC

I didn't like the multiple choice...:S

But short answer and extended responses were good:)

hey what did u guys get for the mc 'an australian company wishes to import blah blah.. what would be classified as a strength'?
appreciating Australian dollar, as this would make imports cheaper because Australian dollar is so dominant

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad

Nah as long as you mentioned receivables strategies then you're good man!
Hope so, I wrote offer discounts and reduce the time for payment and check the credit worthiness of potential customers.

lgnorant

HSC

Went very well in everything else but 3 pages into my essay i forgot to refer to a case study (DONT ASK ME WHY i just blanked) was 15 minutes left, either restart and chuck the 3 pages or keep going.

i listed 6 external/internal influences with examples and explanation, guessing the lack of case study will really hit hard?

Badberries

HSC

Went very well in everything else but 3 pages into my essay i forgot to refer to a case study (DONT ASK ME WHY i just blanked) was 15 minutes left, either restart and chuck the 3 pages or keep going.

i listed 6 external/internal influences with examples and explanation, guessing the lack of case study will really hit hard?
SO many people do this, so don't feel bad :)
I stuffed up my case study one as well = / tried to cover to much then did too little haha

kirstyanne-xx

HSC

Much easier than expected :) Finished the paper in under 2 hours though, with checking time. Hoping I did well :)

Riku123123

HSC

Yusssss. I did liquidity as a last minute change!
:)
For section 3
where the new communication systems, teambriefings, worker paticipation and grievance procedures? or did I do the wrong dotpoints?

&(*%)&%()& I did flat organisation structures and team structures AHHH!!!!! i talked about how it motivates the employees and improves the relationship between employeer and employees TT_TT

And wat is 'designer jewellery' o_O i choose that one as exclusive cuz i never heard of it so i thought that it would only be limited ..o_O

Kelsey2

HSC

F*ck that exam raped me hard....

Short response ratio question 2 marks
Find the gross profit

If you wrote the ratio right but got the answer wrong do you still get 1 mark?

Also i wrote 3 pages for 26 and 4 for 27 how screwed am i?

Weezle

HSC
Uni Grad

Much easier than expected :) Finished the paper in under 2 hours though, with checking time. Hoping I did well :)
The paper is designed to take you 3 hours. It took me about 2 hrs, 50 mins to do. You did yours in 2 hours? Hmm, don't expect to get an excellent mark then...

Badberries

HSC

Hey, you are allows to do report format for last section yeah? I have always been told too and I just thought maybe you arn't ment too!

lgnorant

HSC

SO many people do this, so don't feel bad :)
I stuffed up my case study one as well = / tried to cover to much then did too little haha
Im burning at the moment about this haha, so i wont get marked down to harshly? i talked about external and internal influences, gave scenarios (examples) and a explanation for each, i did about 6, just no case study at all.

I feel better now lool.

unknown88

HSC
N/A

&(*%)&%()& I did flat organisation structures and team structures AHHH!!!!! i talked about how it motivates the employees and improves the relationship between employeer and employees TT_TT

Designer jewellery is correct.

And wat is 'designer jewellery' o_O i choose that one as exclusive cuz i never heard of it so i thought that it would only be limited ..o_O
yes designer jewelery is correct

Badberries

HSC

Im burning at the moment about this haha, so i wont get marked down to harshly? i talked about external and internal influences, gave scenarios (examples) and a explanation for each, i did about 6, just no case study at all.

I feel better now lool.
Well, To be honest. Your mark is going to be capped. So there is no way you can get 20/20 but that said you would still be able to achieve marks up to Id say about 16 or 17/20 at a max.

Don't feel bad, it is over now, we all did our best and thats that.

TomTom123

HSC

for section 3

I added at the end how because these are "new procedures" it may be perceived as a threat because they were under their hierarchical structure.
Was this a valid point?

kirstyanne-xx

HSC

The paper is designed to take you 3 hours. It took me about 2 hrs, 50 mins to do. You did yours in 2 hours? Hmm, don't expect to get an excellent mark then...
I did my trial in under 2 hours and I got 90. I'll just see what I get ...
Thanks for the positive thinking :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)