General Thoughts: Community & Family Studies (1 Viewer)

pastelchild

HSC
N/A
Re: Thoughts on CAFS HSC Exam 2014

Ikr! By the way, i'm pretty sure it's correct! We are just confusing one another lol

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

Guys so report writing... Is our layout of the irp right? :p
Apparently not. We will have to wait and see :( But me, waterml and basically our entire classes wrote about the layout as well so yeah.

waterlml

HSC

I will have to verify this before I start freaking out. Did anyone manage to find the actual question so I can send it?
okay i thought report writing and presentation were together and the same until now.

waterlml

HSC

presenting data
• graphs, tables, presenting key data
• report writing and presentation
• bibliography
• appendix
..... hmmmmm
okay, except the graphs and tables part.

pastelchild

HSC
N/A

it issss!! :D i just checked the excel book... my whole class wrote that too!
report writing - contents, hypothesis, methodologies, appendix, blah blah
and presentation - use of a video, oral presentation, etc etc
don't stress guys, it's all good! :D

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

it issss!! :d i just checked the excel book... My whole class wrote that too!
Report writing - contents, hypothesis, methodologies, appendix, blah blah
and presentation - use of a video, oral presentation, etc etc
don't stress guys, it's all good! :d
yaaassss. Thankyou! Because it said collectively about th report, not just the analysis part so yeah i knew that was right!!

waterlml

HSC

what did you guys write about the family in crisis and homeless question?

wallflowerrose

HSC
Uni Grad

Oh no that report question confused me I wrote something completely random because I did't really understand the wording of the question. Poor wording seemed to be an issue throughout this exam. For that MC question I chose negligent because although the parents were giving her an allowance it did seem pretty irresponsible to leave their child to look after the other two kids.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

what did you guys write about the family in crisis and homeless question?
Oh, sorry I forgot to answer this before! I basically defined families and homeless. Then said that they were both experiencing traumatic experiences that have impacted there emotional + economical welling thus compromising there physical wellbeing. I said in some cases families are homeless due to disasters etc, and homeless people have no homes, and are prone to mental illnesses similair to families blah blah which is why there unique entities blah blah

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

I basically bullshitted that Q as much as I can. I fucking hated cafs!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

Oh no that report question confused me I wrote something completely random because I did't really understand the wording of the question. Poor wording seemed to be an issue throughout this exam. For that MC question I chose negligent because although the parents were giving her an allowance it did seem pretty irresponsible to leave their child to look after the other two kids.
I circled that initially, but then I realised they gave her an allowance, and that seemed justifiable. You're right that exam was poorly worded. We should raise this issue. I know I will.

wallflowerrose

HSC
Uni Grad

I circled that initially, but then I realised they gave her an allowance, and that seemed justifiable. You're right that exam was poorly worded. We should raise this issue. I know I will.
It wasn't a difficult exam it was just the stupid wording that was either to trick students or terribly written by BOTSE. I believe the responses to certain questions will indicate to them the confusion about the wording. I look forward to reading the notes from the marking centre.

waterlml

HSC

It wasn't a difficult exam it was just the stupid wording that was either to trick students or terribly written by BOTSE. I believe the responses to certain questions will indicate to them the confusion about the wording. I look forward to reading the notes from the marking centre.
the wording for that male question was confusing, if they want us to answer about gender stereotype they should say it in the question like 'how does this influence on gender stereotype etc...' they make an easy question difficult...

wallflowerrose

HSC
Uni Grad

the wording for that male question was confusing, if they want us to answer about gender stereotype they should say it in the question like 'how does this influence on gender stereotype etc...' they make an easy question difficult...
Exactly!

laram96

HSC
N/A

Is disciplining the child a right or responsibility of the parent......

wallflowerrose

HSC
Uni Grad

Is disciplining the child a right or responsibility of the parent......
Responsibility because discipline is part of teaching a child and setting limits and rights refer to the right to make medical decisions, legal decisions and religious decisions

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad

why responsibility?
I just thought because parents are the only primary caregivers, they have a responsibility to ensure child is disciplined. I mean who else is gonna do it? I think it falls under Family Law Act. You selected right?

waterlml

HSC

I just thought because parents are the only primary caregivers, they have a responsibility to ensure child is disciplined. I mean who else is gonna do it? I think it falls under Family Law Act. You selected right?
yes, isn't it makes more sense if it says 'parents have the right to discipline their children' ? haha i'm not sure it just sounds right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)