General Thoughts: English–literacy (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

For the calvin and hobbes one, both supportive and frustrated are shown...For example, while one may concede that Hobbes does infact help Calvin along in his pursuits, the question could be understood as implying to only use the last panel, as then, it would be frustrated, as Hobbes is annoyed at Calvins actions and ideas throughout the otherwise simple and joyous "ride". I would imagine this would make more sense in the last panels context, as in other comics hobbes often states or considers that tigers are more intelligent than humans, etc.

As for the spider one, I believe it is was "skillful climber" as spiders are associated with climbing and the term was used as a simile ( or was it a metaphor) in relation to his climbing...If the character wished to highlight his thin legs, they would compare his legs to that of a spiders, directly.

Last edited by a moderator:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
For the calvin and hobbes one, both supportive and frustrated are shown...For example, while one may concede that Hobbes does infact help Calvin along in his pursuits, the question could be understood as implying to only use the last panel, as then, it would be frustrated, as Hobbes is annoyed at Calvins actions and ideas throughout the otherwise simple and joyous "ride". I would imagine this would make more sense in the last panels context, as in other comics hobbes often states or considers that tigers are more intelligent than humans, etc.

As for the spider one, I believe it is was "skillful climber" as spiders are associated with climbing and the term was used as a simile ( or was it a metaphor) in relation to his climbing...If the character wished to highlight his thin legs, they would compare his legs to that of a spiders, directly.

Agreed =)

I believe it was skillful climber. The previous post relating skillful climber to "skinny legs" sounded too literal for me during the exam.

joeym132

HSC
Agreed =)

I believe it was skillful climber. The previous post relating skillful climber to "skinny legs" sounded too literal for me during the exam.
i agree with you!!

but our teacher said thin legs .... i dunno why

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
yes i did use the dice aswell to write about a gambler
nope, partly because my knowledge of gambling is very low. I wrote compared the dice to outcomes in our life that lead us places. Compared life to a game board. ETCETCETC.
In conclusion: my story is gay

I hope i get band 5s+

Official

Bring it on
HSC
nope, partly because my knowledge of gambling is very low. I wrote compared the dice to outcomes in our life that lead us places. Compared life to a game board. ETCETCETC.
In conclusion: my story is gay

I hope i get band 5s+
Sounds like a good idea to tell the truth. I did the dice but wrote about something even more random which I do not wish to talk about lol. Epic fail.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Sounds like a good idea to tell the truth. I did the dice but wrote about something even more random which I do not wish to talk about lol. Epic fail.
lol. Who watches community channel on youtube? I want her EPIC FAIL t-shirts. =)

joeym132

HSC
what did use get for these multiple choice?

the title of the cooking show shows that they are?
adventerous
unusual

there was a line in the same one...did it say
thier passion for food
thier friendship

in the bus passage was the tone
sarcasm
humor

in the ice climbing one wat did use put for the isolation one?

in the cofee shop one was the line saying that he is
disapproved
disinterested
or one of the positive ones

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
what did use get for these multiple choice?

the title of the cooking show shows that they are?
adventerous
unusual

there was a line in the same one...did it say
thier passion for food
thier friendship

in the bus passage was the tone
sarcasm
humor

in the ice climbing one wat did use put for the isolation one?

in the cofee shop one was the line saying that he is
disapproved
disinterested
or one of the positive ones
- unusual
- passion for food
- humor
- cant remember the isolation one
- disapproved

joeym132

HSC
our teacher said all those - except he said sarcasm and one of the positive ones not disapproved
the isolation one had an option that said:

the helmet falls on a glacier or sumfing like that
or
there was no sound and he was alone - not exactly like that

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
English MC was messed up, I was perplexed with the first question and it probably had to be one of the hardest because it was subjective in nature. It was about your personal perspective, what does the title "Hairy Biker's Recipe Book" insinuate. It was either adventurous or unusual. I chose unusual because it mentioned title not text.

shaily

HSC
I felt that the multiple choice was fairly easy, compared to the trials and learning what tautology was, but there were a few toughies on the attitude of the guy and the changed city.

I struggled a bit with the short story. Does it ever happen to you guys when you know that you're babbling on in a writing piece but you don't have the will power to change it?
yeah, i ended up doing the same thing and am sure i screwed up in the story cos i couldn't be bothered crossiong out the bull crap and writing anew story..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
the isolation one had an option that said:

the helmet falls on a glacier or sumfing like that
or
there was no sound and he was alone - not exactly like that
On thursday my english class and another combined and the two teachers went through the multible choice questions. They both agreed that it was the sound one.

alex_ee

HSC
What did everyone do for the logo short answer question?
it was something like what features communicate the foundations purpose..
or something like that.
i had no idea!

shaily

HSC
What did everyone do for the logo short answer question?
it was something like what features communicate the foundations purpose..
or something like that.
i had no idea!
was that the environmental question? i wrote that by using a tree in their logo they are informing the audience about their concerns in preserving the environment :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)