General Thoughts: English–literacy (1 Viewer)

hul0

HSC
i didnt quite get the speech question
i was saying THANKYOU alex half the time...coz the question was like write a speech thanking alex or sumthing ....how stupid is that???????/

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
i was saying THANKYOU alex half the time...coz the question was like write a speech thanking alex or sumthing ....how stupid is that???????/
Was it about Thanking Alex?!

I only mentioned him once in my speech.

MzG1zi

HSC
i found it very stupid too,
they could have atleast provided us with some quotes from his speech.
i said stupid things like "now i know not to stay in the shower for over 30 mins whilst a whale is dying of melting ice caps everyday", hopefully they don't see it as sarcasm and mark me down for it :S

hul0

HSC
i found it very stupid too,
they could have atleast provided us with some quotes from his speech.
i said stupid things like "now i know not to stay in the shower for over 30 mins whilst a whale is dying of melting ice caps everyday", hopefully they don't see it as sarcasm and mark me down for it :S
laarf out loud thats funny ;) i wud give you full marks for the entertainment

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, the speech was stupid, and i suck at short responses.
on the history one i wrote a page for the 5 mark, 5 line question.

MzG1zi

HSC
Yeah, the speech was stupid, and i suck at short responses.
on the history one i wrote a page for the 5 mark, 5 line question.
thats like me in science, i have to write about everything that pops into my head about the question, so i end up writing like half a page for a 2 mark question. As long as some of the content is useful im happy, just takes me longer than everyone else to finish the test.
i guess you should be happy you wont lose marks for lack of information :)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
i remember this question in regards to the Comic Strip in the multiple choice as clear as day... What did you guys put?

Describe the tiger's attitude towards the boy.
A) Frustrated
B) Insolent
C) Professional
D) Supportive

I put C)... tiger never says anything in the strip until that very last part... so he was just cool about it. Yeh know ??..... Lol
I reckon this question was a bit biased to those who have read the comics before.
I've read the comics before and in all the past ones the tiger always has a supportive role towards the boy. Hence, using that fact and also the fact that the tiger was helping the boy in that particular comic strip, I put D).

ssylva

HSC
just wondering what you guys got for the short response where it asked for a technique that was used in one of the panels.....it was probably pretty obvious but i just couldn't seem to find anything so i just made up some crap :/

Official

Bring it on
HSC
just wondering what you guys got for the short response where it asked for a technique that was used in one of the panels.....it was probably pretty obvious but i just couldn't seem to find anything so i just made up some crap :/
Repetition

stevey6404

HSC
Rhetorical question, "What did you do today for the environment?" or something on the lines of that.

Last edited:

lauraloo21

HSC
I put it as pursuasive language... i dont know.

What was with that stupid speech?
i like we dont know what he said?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I reckon this question was a bit biased to those who have read the comics before.
I've read the comics before and in all the past ones the tiger always has a supportive role towards the boy. Hence, using that fact and also the fact that the tiger was helping the boy in that particular comic strip, I put D).
I did supportive because in the first few panels the tiger is pushing the cart for the boy, therefore being "supportive"

joeym132

HSC
I did supportive because in the first few panels the tiger is pushing the cart for the boy, therefore being "supportive"
the correct answer is frustrated.....our english teacher went through all the answers

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
the correct answer is frustrated.....our english teacher went through all the answers
lol our english teacher said supportive. But this was straight after the english exam and she was just browsing through.

joeym132

HSC
wat did use put for wat does 'he climbed like a spider'

thin legs
skillful climber
climbing a rope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)