General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

apple pancake

HSC
oH MY GOD. sECTION 3 ABOUT CONFLICTING PERSPECTIVES WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASYsECTION 2 WAS VERY GOOD TOO'i think i probably got 17/20 for the first one, it was kind of annoyingAnyone reckon section 1 about richard was annoying????

Lozzy_09

HSC
Does anyone remember the question they asked for Hamlet? All I remember is that it was about loyalty.
I think it was something about how Shakspeare uses 'the human condition in Hamlet to explore the significance of loyalty. To what extent is this true based on your personal interpretation.' Or something remotely along those lines.. I thought it was alright, considering that you could tackle it with any technique/character/theme/value you wished; I was pretty happy with that. Relief much?

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Thanks Harley Chan, themerald and Lozzy. I was just asking to check that the Hamlet question was indeed open-ended, because most of my essay I emphasised the importance of disloyalty.

hollaholla

HSC
boy whats happening to Bos lol its dying... paper wasnt too shabby ....7---8---7.5

cole-

HSC
N/A
Three standard essay questions.
Best thing ever.
No specified speeches, or poems.

I jizzed during reading time.

8-8-8

Monsterman

HSC
Easiest one yet... all essays.. though i didnt finish mod b properly

HSC
I LOVED this exam...well maybe not loved but it was good...Harwood was lovely- 11.5 pages, then frankenstein and blade runner was pretty good, bit more tricky- 11.5, and then conflicting perspectives was a lovely question but i had less time- only 8 pagesoverall i was happy with this paper

cassdawgs

HSC
Does anyone remember the question they asked for Hamlet? All I remember is that it was about loyalty.
Through its portrayal of human experience, shakespeare's hamlet reinforces the significance of loyalty.to what extent does your interpretation of hamlet support this?thats the question!!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
All the questions for each module were straight forward. Module C for Julius Caesar I found was broad and easily adapted to a generic essay. I loved the question for Module B on Orwell: "Through their portrayal of human experience, the Orwell essays you have studied reinforce the significance of idealism." This was a very pleasing question to engage with. Module A for Frankenstein and Blade Runner was simple, but I didn't like the wording of the question, having to read it a few times to myself before starting to write. I wrote 10 pages for Module A, 14 pages for Module B and 11 pages for Module C. I don't think there's anything I would have changed, quite pleased with English Advanced overall.

nosh22

HSC
Module B (Kenneth Slessor) was a gift. Module C (Julius Caesar) was pretty straight foward.But Module A....... (Frankenstein-Blade Runner) - Disruption & Identity? I was dying in the reading time. I had no idea how to attack it. But then, lol.. I worked it out and think I pulled it off. I wrote 9-7.5-7

harryc

HSC
Considering how much I stressed about Paper two, I'm pretty much thrilled with how I went. I aced Bladerunner and Frankenstein (touch wood) and I think I covered a fair bit with 50th Gate. Only thing that will met me down is Hamlet - the question was a bit, although I still managed 6 pages.

Bseic

HSC
Not to bad a paper... I would have liked a bit more time (of course) but overall I think I did fairly well.

Module A (Donne and W;t) was not to bad (8 pages) although I'm not sure if my connections back to the question were implicit enough

Module B (Jane Eyre) was probably my worst section (only 5 pages ugh) however I definately made some good connections with the text

Module C (History and Memory, Fiftieth Gate) was an amazing question (8 pages) it tied in really well with what I had studies and was overall a really easy question to answer.

Venom.

HSC
Pretty decent, I was writing up till the last second, and just finished my last essay. 8-7-7 pages. Some of the questions were dodgy though, I rewrote my practise memorised essays and adjusted them slightly. Like for Frankenstein and Blade Runner - the disruption of the connection between humanity and nature leads to a loss of identity/humanity.

Scinery

HSC
lol im almost annoyed that there werent any surprises the module A and B questions were both MY THESIS paraphrased module C was way too vague.

TannouB

HSC
wooooooot expecting 18+, 18+ and 17+ :D :D :D I wrote 11/13/11 pages, it was easy but i had 30 minutes for mod C :( which was my best of the prepared essays :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)