General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Scarlet Tears

HSC
Frankenblade was alright, I just used my essay from the trial and talk about how the concepts were shown through form. Hamlet was semi-okay, I didn't write much for it though. The Fiftieth Gate was epic because I didn't need 2 related texts. Hoping for a half decent mark.
Hey we do all the same texts :) the Hamlet question was by far my favourite, Frankenstein/Blade Runner wasn't too bad either and 50th Gate was sort of weird because it didn't have much to do with history and memory at first glance, but I think I made it work. My trial results were 18, 19 and 19 so hopefully I get the same or higher :) so much better than belonging I thought!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that is the general consensus with most people, well atleast myself anyway :)

Since they prescribed for speeches and poems, these texts will be scaled higher imo
Yeah I hope they will be scaled higher too, but I still think it'd be equitable if they specified in the others too imho.

inJust

HSC
I did well in Module A. Decent in B, and ok in C. I hope B isn't scaled higher cos then that's the discriminator for me to gain marks I lost in C LOL

NeverMnd

HSC
N/A
Honestly, I didn't really find it all that hard! Partly because Mod A and Mod C weren't too difficult, and partly because I had a very big feeling they would specify either Bandler or Pearson so I studied those alot. But i don't get what the big deal is about Mod A and C....

BandarSingh

HSC
Farkin didn't even know whether Bandler was a man or a woman until I walked out of the exam room.

YOLO

ismeta

HSC
I thought it was a pretty okay exam, was quite relieved when a poem wasn't specified for my module C - did Birthday Letters. That said English is my weakest subject, but I think I did okay. :) Module B (Hamlet) was a better question than expected, but it's my worst module, so that probably didn't go well. The other modules were okay.

Hoooping for a band 6.

brarbie95

HSC
That was a really easy paper!
Wrote about 9-11 pages for each and had time to check in the end.... Called Frankenstein hamlet by accident once so thank god for proof reading hahaha

Hope it went well for everyone, saw quite a lot of people upset from paper one on here :(

freeeeee

HSC
grr Bandler, out of all the speeches they pick this one, (IMO one of the worst speeches)...

kayric

HSC
What exactly did you write about for Mod B? What was your thesis?
I used my concepts of transformation of identity and the plight of the workers in order to identify "inherent tension" and "confrontation", using characterisation to explore how they were able to be resolved.

So-joo

HSC
HOW THE HELL WERE YOU SUPPOSED TO WRITE ABOUT TEXTUAL FORM FOR THE GREAT GATSBY?
WHAT THE HELL DID 'ACTUAL' AND 'POSSIBLE' MEAN?
And halfway through my conflicting perspectives essay I didn't know what I was talking about anymore...

Didn't finish any of my English exams sigh...

brarbie95

HSC
WOW? How'd you manage to write that much? Big writing or just beast mode?
For A and B it was beast mode because they suited my essays for trials rather well and I just generally have long essays around 1200 words

But I won't lie haha module c writing was a lot larger because I was aiming to use two relateds so I rushed and then I just ended up using one and then chilled out and proofread haha :)

Rawf

HSC
Mod A (Franky/Bladerunner) - sigh... i thought i did ok but then i realised it said 'textual form'... when i thought it said 'contextual form' so i didn't answer the question AT ALL :(
Mod B (Yeats) - they specified a poem but i had something written for that poem beforehand. However, I didnt really memorise my mod B essay and realised i missed out a crap load of stuff. I also worded my essay terribly and one of the poems I did didn't relate to 'stability' (i did 3 poems in the essay)
Mod C (Julius Caesar) - brilliant! I didn't even have to change my essay... I just wrote it out word for word :)

iamorbid

HSC
I think I did pretty good!...but wouldn't another dickhead in my class steal my mark since im not coming first position?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)