General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Enigmanation

HSC
Section 1 was a pain, didn't manage to finish the last part.
Creative and Essay were alrite, not memorising my essay actually paid off this time.
8/8/6

noturningback

HSC
I'm not sure what they meant by "understanding" for the third section?

I created a thesis that basically was

An understanding of one's sense of self and place allows them to belong.

Is that an okay approach?

gibsonsgshred

HSC
It was alright

The first section was hard

But the other two were really good.

I think i wouldn't have done as well as i liked because I spent too much time on the essay which I did first and not enough time on the other two sections.

Just Glad its over :spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

HSC
Overall I'm pretty happy with it, creative writing question was so open - did anyone feel the plant imagery benefited their story?
Page numbers - 9/ 10/ 11.5, my hand hurts like hell :\
YES, I had a story about a man and his garden sought of thing... there was lots to it but it tied in so well that I didn't need to adjust my story! :)

TannouB

HSC
lol with big writing i did 8 pages, then filled all the way to the last cover page, then last question i did everything but first page (scribbled out entire first page)

Equivalent to bout 5/8/6.5 pages to how i normally write :p

Hoping for 13/14/12 or better :D

AnandDNA

HSC
6/8/9

Just unsure about section 1 q.5.

i talked about text 1 in relation to connections with people, and talked about text 3 in relation to connections with places.

However looking back at the question, i think we were meant to link both connections to people and places to both texts :S.

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
I thought it was alright. I was annoyed that there were four texts in the comprehension instead of the usual three. I think nerves got the better of me so I'm hoping I still did well.
7/7/10

jassono

HSC
It was pretty good yeah except I prepared two related texts. Ooh for my creative I finished the booklet but had 8 words left. I didn't get a new booklet but wrote in the next blank white page instead- do you think that will be a problem??

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Did anyone got told that they can't take stopwatches into the exam that are not 'wrist -watches'? I freaked when i heard that but then i remembered that this wasn't modules. I told my dad and he changed the batteries of one of our old digital watches just because of this after I told him. Apparently they said something about they don't want people to be disturbed by the noise or something. Meh who gives a shit, theres plenty of noise outside and they aint doing a great job about that.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
One related text? grrr.

I had three prepared. oh well.

It was alright. 5/12/10

bethy g

HSC
in the creative writing section..could u do a negative that showed the importance of relationships..i did mine a negagtive but it showed how essential realtionships were??is this wrong???as it sid celebrate..meaining positive?

frenchyfantome

HSC
omg what happens if u use TWO related texts instead of the specified ONE in section III? someone pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me what happens? mark deductions?

q3thefish

HSC

Section one was my best.

Section two was corny as per usual but it's going to grab me marks.

Section three had several mind lapses e.g. wrote two additional texts. :mad:

C'mon modules, do me proud.

TannouB

HSC
Did anyone got told that they can't take stopwatches into the exam that are not 'wrist -watches'? I freaked when i heard that but then i remembered that this wasn't modules. I told my dad and he changed the batteries of one of our old digital watches just because of this after I told him. Apparently they said something about they don't want people to be disturbed by the noise or something. Meh who gives a shit, theres plenty of noise outside and they aint doing a great job about that.
LOL clinton, i look up at the clock when i start, and up when im nearly finished and finally when im done, thats how u time urself :p Dude its like not hard to see, just look where big hand is and little hand if your "short" (sighted :D)

micuzzo

HSC
yer i think thats true... our supervisor reads the rules and she clearly said u cannot hav anything programmable including a watch [ie a digital 1...but its not like they check anyway]...but yer just use a normal watch..or a chronograph... they have timer on them.

icola

HSC
omg what happens if u use TWO related texts instead of the specified ONE in section III? someone pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell me what happens? mark deductions?
I doubt they will deduct marks, probably just only mark the first related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)