General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
test was ok... section 1 was a bit stupid... especially the prose thingo... it didnt make sense to me

Indigo_rose

HSC
I used two related texts also, i guess i read the paper wrong :( I talked to my teacher after and she said it shouldn't matter. here's hoping she's right ...

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, creative writing question was so open - did anyone feel the plant imagery benefited their story?
Page numbers - 9/ 10/ 11.5, my hand hurts like hell :\

Freakstyler09

HSC
Overall alright I guess.but I left out the last bloody question in section 1 ahhhhh
S1 5pgs s2 5 pgs s3 8pgs

Chase Collins

HSC
I thought it was pretty good, I did the 1st section too long and skipped to third and scribbled the third in >20 min and still managed to complete it!

I always thought of English as not asking "Will I get penalised for it?" But instead "You just won't get the mark"

is it cool for the 3rd section that we did 2 Poems (Skrzynecki) and Remember the Titans? Cause thats what I did.

Last edited:

RBKSoulja

HSC
OMG the paper was so damn good to me hahahaha
section one easily get full marks, wrote as much as I could for each question.
section 2 i was heaps surprised at how well my creative fitted with the first stimulus ^^
section 3...wtf? one text?? i had to cut out a paragraph and a bit and write more on the perscribed one ><

but overall, im glad thats over
as for paper 2...:chainsaw:

mamoz

HSC
well the paper was an alrite test i guess. section 1 killed my life, didnt have enough time to finish but i rote enough.. umm section 2 was a bit confusin at the start den i realised what it was asking 5 mins later .. section 3 i was so happy with it, linkedd wiv my prescribed text and related texts =) soo overall i was happy .. noot readyy for fridayyss exam though =(

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Section I - Questions were fine up until d) and e).
Section II - Loved it. Wrote my story almost word for word (just chucked in a bit more about existing to get my point across). Probably chose a weird angle to approach it from but I think it worked well in the end.
Section III - The quote was basically my thesis. Prescribed and related texts worked really well (Douglas Adams = awesome!). Finished my essay but conclusion was a little weak.

For the most part it was an alright paper. There was something I didn't like about it but I'm not entirely sure what.

Woteva636

HSC
I thought that it could have been a whole lot worse

gvperro

HSC
pretty happy.
wrote 7, 9, 9.
creative didnt fit well, but hope i moulded it ok.

Stompy11

HSC
Sigh, got half my creative writing in, was only 32 pages for my creative writing but. Shame I didnt get time to attempt section one or three, dunno why :S

veruschka

HSC
I thought the exam was excellent, although I feel like I could've done much better.
I only spent 15 minutes on the first section because I thought I was running out of time so I sped through it.
Section 2 was great, it did not screw me over like the previous exams I had done and I was able to remember my short story although I did rush through it.
Section 3 was a breeze, I was relieved when they told me to do only one related text because it meant I could go more in-depth with my analysis.

Overall it was a good exam.

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
I think my trial was easier.
But yeah overall not too bad. Section 1 will be my downfall though -_-

moshizzle

HSC
Sigh, got half my creative writing in, was only 32 pages for my creative writing but. Shame I didnt get time to attempt section one or three, dunno why :S
um did i read that correctly? 32 pages for creative, and that was half of it?? and you didnt even attempt section one or three?
buddy, you're in trouble.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Didn't go that bad.

Just relieved to get my first paper done and over with. Well... Still have the other half of the English exam to go ):

I started on section 3, then went onto 1 and finished off with 2. Had a few minutes spare, and like usual I didn't check over my essay or creative :/

But I'm not sure if I wrote enough though: 4/8/6 pages (in smaller writing - small compared to the size I've seen in the standards package) for the the sections, respectively. Hmm... I don't get why people would write 19348729 pages for section one, I mean you only need so much :/

TROLL :9

Last edited:

hereyes

HSC
I actually don't know how to feel about this paper.
I SUPPOSE it was good, but then there are a few things I'm uncertain about:
> How well the creative I wrote actually fits with the stimulus.
Question: even though the question said to write a piece that "celebrates" relationships, etc. - I wrote about a kid who doesn't belong then gains a sense of security through friendship? Is that the same as celebrating it?!

glad that everyone went well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)