General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

sida1049

HSC
Approached the exam with creative, essay then comprehension.

Motherfucker. I saved up 46 minutes on comprehension and still tripped over the last question.

The other two sections were quite generic, which makes me wonder whether the difficulty of Paper 2 will make up for it (oh shit...).

Catz

HSC
The aligning would be good cause alot and I mean alot of people found the exam difficult, there still hope everyone good luck for tmr :)

Drsoccerball

HSC
8 pages for both essay and creative. Finished exam perfectly with 30 seconds to go. Lets hope i don't fail again ahahha.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Wow I feel like I'm only one who didn't like section 3, how on earth was that question in anyway generic?? If your texts didn't deal with hidden then you're fucked. If they didn't deal with reconsidering you're fucked. Fortunate that my essay didn't need much tinkering but still not too confident.

Liked the rest of the paper tho. Predict something like a 42-43 overall.

Aliy Moon

HSC
SAME. I skimmed those last two because I knew I wouldn't churn out the end of my essay unless I stopped at the 40 minute mark for section 1...

Mr_Kap

HSC
Does someone still have that link to TAFE?

Nah jokes. Section 1 was alright, but I didn't finish the the last 5 marker (I only wrote a page for the last 5 marker)

The creative was pretty good. I used the compass image as metaphorical and physical object, fit with my story pretty good. However the quality turns to shit in the paragraph before my conclusion when I realised I didn't have time and have to combine two paragraphs I had memorised into 1, but then my conclusion was strong.

What I wrote in the essay was good, question was simple to adapt to my rote learnt one, but only got to write around 750 words and I ran out of time, meaning with 10 minutes left I had to join my 2nd idea paragraph on the core text and related text into one paragraph and it was sloppy. Also, related text part turned to shit when I only had 5 minutes left.. not having high hopes for this because of the littlle quanity i wrote.

My hand and fingers fucken killed. Couldn't write that fast, or i would have tore something in my hand. Why can't we just type..FFS, I knew it just couldn't write it in time.

Overall hoping for 12 in creative, 11 in unseen, and 9 in Essay. (the hsc marks hard so even though im confident with creative and short answer, yeh ..look at the raw marks). So overall 32/45 in this section. which is 70% and on track for a band 5 hopefully or a high band 4.

Chris_S

HSC
Do you think they will ask for 2 related texts for module c?

teridax

HSC
N/A
Do you think they will ask for 2 related texts for module c?
it's unlikely, but you should still prepare in the off chance that they do ask for 2 relateds

you wouldn't want to fuck yourself over

Aliy Moon

HSC
Anyone find it difficult to relate "Life of Pi" to section 3's question??

Drsoccerball

HSC
He looked like he was constipated or something, seriously his facial expression was throwing me off.

wth........... in the image there was no animals in the jars on the back wthhhhh that was one of my techniques fmd

Mr_Kap

HSC
He looked like he was constipated or something, seriously his facial expression was throwing me off.

WTF!! the one printed on our HSC looked like behind him were empty jars behind him....FFS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)