General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 2 (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
LOL sorry, let me replace that with:

"it was? :confused:"

i think it was easier than past years

for 8. iii)

how did you guys do it? with the substitution 1/n then changed the lim n->0

or is that just me

kwabon

Banned
HSC
i thought piss hard than last year.
right up to question 6, pretty good, then bam, farked up.
hopefully i still reckon i can get 100+
come on 96/100, COME ON!!!!!

luv2luvurmama

HSC
How was it!! MATHS EXT 2

How did everybody go?
Did anyone else find it harder than what they've been practising on?
I only got around 4 marks in Q8 and prob. 7 Marks in Q7 and prob 8 marks in q 6 the rest was alright..... :(

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Re: How was it!! MATHS EXT 2

How did everybody go?
Did anyone else find it harder than what they've been practising on?
I only got around 4 marks in Q8 and prob. 7 Marks in Q7 and prob 8 marks in q 6 the rest was alright..... :(
There already is a thread for this.

lolokay

HSC
for 8. iii)

how did you guys do it? with the substitution 1/n then changed the lim n->0

or is that just me
8. a) iii) ?

I wrote cot as 1/tan, and since x/2^n -> 0 as n->inf, then tan(x/2^n) -> x/2^n
which then just simplifies to what they give

aec0691

HSC
Re: How was it!! MATHS EXT 2

easy i think i got atleast 105+ with about 7 marks i couldnt do

jules.09

HSC
Have no idea how I found this. Overall, it was do-able, but it was difficult?

That area under the y = ln(1/x) one in question 8 was a 'godsend'.

E4 cut off 90+ is pretty high, isn't it? I would've guessed 80+. *shrugs* I'm just making up figures. :shy:

As a general question, was it just me, or the style of the paper was very different to what it has been for the past decade?

Last edited:

megan09

HSC
it was better than i expected although it is extension 2 so was still hard..
i spent way too much time doing the integration question..i kept doing it in complicated ways which just went haywire...but i eventually got there...the rest was ok
for some reason i couldn't get the one marker on the circular motion q (4biv) and for the show the difference between pS and PQ is independent of p on the locus question (6c) i got PS - PQ = 0 ....that has got to be wrong...question 8 was a lot easier than expected for me (although i didn't have much time left so i skipped half of a) )
all the definite wrong marks = 13 (thats extremely good for me)

but i am definetly happier than i was after the independent trials (which i got 57% in ... atrocious )

anyways theres nothing much i can do except study for extension 1

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Me either! Well i'm glad it wasn't just me, i nearly killed myself while sitting there looking at 7 marks in question 1 that i couldn't do. Most frustrating thing of all is pretty much as soon as i got in my car afterwards i knew how to do them. :mad1:
yeah, basically my whole school was like wtf was with the integration!??

i'm seeing like an e2 coming my way. i was feeling okay when i left school because everyone found it difficult that i talked to, but after reading all this i feel like crying.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
yeah, basically my whole school was like wtf was with the integration!??

i'm seeing like an e2 coming my way. i was feeling okay when i left school because everyone found it difficult that i talked to, but after reading all this i feel like crying.

lol. i think i'll be joining you in the E2 club. fuck 4unit maths. just fuck it.

untouchablecuz

HSC
dont feel too bad hermand; remember the majority of kids here form the top 5% of the state. i guarantee you'll get an E3, which is equivalent to a band 6 in chem of physics

lolokay

HSC

E4 cut off 90+ is pretty high, isn't it? I would've guessed 80+. *shrugs* I'm just making up figures. :shy:

As a general question, was it just me, or the style of the paper was very different to what it has been for the past decade?
yeah it did seem to be in a different style to what I've seen before.
and the difficulty was spread throughout the paper imo; like q8 wasn't really any harder than some parts of previous questions

kwabon

Banned
HSC

nah dont think this years cut off would be high, i think it will be around 70s odd, only a handful of people would prolly get over 100, dw worry man all will be good.

beefywater

HSC
Thought it was a fair test but felt harder than 2008 and much harder than 2007, prob coulda had a better day in the exam but think i did enough to sneak into a E4, i hope

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
dont feel too bad hermand; remember the majority of kids here form the top 5% of the state. i guarantee you'll get an E3, which is equivalent to a band 6 in chem of physics
thanks :), but i should be getting e4 easily. screw potential and my laziness. haha. oh well, there's always room to be good again when uni comes around. :).

jj.oc

HSC
It was relatively easy. There seemed to be alot more questions worth 1 and 2 marks than normal idk.
I ran outta time. I spent wayy to long on question 1e integration, and never ended up getting it.

Couldnt get the 4 marks at the end of 8a
The only other questions i had a problems with were the bungy jump 4 marker and the last part of 6c
i expect 100-105

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
To be honest, I found the exam harder than the trials I did as well as harder than the past papers I did. Albeit, I didn't do too many... :S
Question 1 was Ok. I couldn't get c, so I went back to it at the end and used some weird substitutions to at least get something down. I didn't get to integrate it though. Part e was tricky, but I got it out. What did people do for this question? Question two, full marks easy. GODSEND! I loved the volume questions. But question 6 7 and 8 were tricky.
The first part of 7 was easy though lol.
I think I got around 79/120 :S

Please people, I need something to look forward to here.
In the history of my school, NO ONE has ever gotten a mark above 80... With that raw mark, do you think I have a chance? God, I hope so.

It sucks though, because I'm used to getting 85+/120 :(

vice lord

HSC
Yeh i thought it was a prety easy paper for ext. 2 Althoguh i didnt attempt the last propability q. lack of time..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)