general UNSW chit-chat (4 Viewers)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol actually that's good to know the lines are getting shorter. This means many of the first years are beginning to skip the 9am lectures! Yay for all us hard-working students! :uhhuh:

FeelBare

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lol actually that's good to know the lines are getting shorter. This means many of the first years are beginning to skip the 9am lectures! Yay for all us hard-working students! :uhhuh:
.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spam:

Trajan

HSC
I was just wondering, with all these student groups and such lobbying for decent conditions for UNSW students.

How were they able to make such drastic changes, even cutting stuvac to like two days?

14 weeks to 12.

moving e- spot.

No computers in the new Australian School of Business building.

Giving Mike Sherris a nice office in the Quad building.

Moving bus stations round.

Badabagan is also gone.

Feel free to add to my list, I'm sure there's more.

carbonsigma

HSC
Ever got to a tutorial late, hot and sweaty? They need to do something about all those stairs for those who'd rather work out at the gym...

Beege

HSC
Hopefully none of my subjects next semester will have 9am lectures. But I guess I will have to get up early when I'm in full time employment so it's good preparation I spose.

Chris.

HSC
wat happened to all those posts about the fobs

anyway unsw need to start actually putting some thought process into employing tutors and lecturers. the large number of student fobs are ok, but the tutors too?

tempco

HSC
If local students would actually bother to look past the "OH FOB" stereotype, you'd realise that international students can speak understandable English (its the accent that puts people off), and a lot of them are very hard working. One of the smartest people I know is an international student (who tutors), and I pity students who simply label him as just another fob.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well tbh i think that they may be the smartest for the job and also they may have understandable english.

but fuck...they really need some sort of screening system for where they actually have tutors who can actually teach as well.

because in my three years at uni ive had some really pro tutors but then at the other end of the scale ive had some really shit tutors who couldnt tell the difference between their dick and their head.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
politik said:
Apparently.
first yumcha and then sushi ..

next thing u knw they'll be opening up a pizza place there.
-_-
that said .. yum. pizza =D

Chris.

HSC
shinji said:
first yumcha and then sushi ..

next thing u knw they'll be opening up a pizza place there.
-_-
that said .. yum. pizza =D
id rather a pizza place over the others..

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
There's a Pizza Hut on Botany Street. Epic cheapness (probably cheapest on/around campus per unit of food).

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
carbonsigma said:
Ever got to a tutorial late, hot and sweaty? They need to do something about all those stairs for those who'd rather work out at the gym...
I recommend not being late. And hardening up.

I mean, seriously, it's such a wonderful idea to replace the stairs with some other form of walking infrastructure. It won't cost much at all and it won't interrupt any of the tens of thousands of students that walk through there every day. Great idea.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Chris. said:
id rather a pizza place over the others..
lol yeah your right. we already have enough asian food at unsw.

bring on the pizza i say!
or even better,, an italian restaurant!! .. that sells PROPER pasta. Omg. <3 fetuccine.!!! <33

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
shinji said:
lol yeah your right. we already have enough asian food at unsw.

bring on the pizza i say!
or even better,, an italian restaurant!! .. that sells PROPER pasta. Omg. <3 fetuccine.!!! <33
That's completely feasible.

*cough*

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Dear Simon,

I would like to congratulate you on successfully completing your degree at the University of New South Wales.

Now that you have graduated, can I please ask for some of your valuable time to help us gauge your level of satisfaction with your learning experience here at UNSW and understand your career destination after graduation.

Some of you may have completed the program experience questionaire portion of the survey and we thank you for that. If that is the case, we would now like you to complete the graduate destination portion of the survey.

UNSW participates in a Federal Government-funded survey - the Course Experience Questionnaire and Graduate Destinations Survey.

It's a survey of vital importance to UNSW because past responses have earned a high ranking for Learning and Teaching.

This, in turn, resulted in us being awarded additional money from the Learning and Teaching Performance Fund to invest in new learning and teaching initiatives.

These funds allow us to continually improve the quality of education we can offer at UNSW.

I would very much appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey as your feedback can have a direct impact on our ability to improve the experience of future students.

The survey can be accessed online through the URL below:

URL: http://www.iaro.unsw.edu.au/pls/non/ags.main_handler?p_std_id=XXXXXXX

Should you have problems, the survey can also be accessed online through the URL and your student ID below:

Student ID: XXXXXXX

URL: http://www.ags.unsw.edu.au

Wishing you great success in your future career.

Yours sincerely

Professor Richard Henry AM
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
Sweet, I graduated with over 2 and a half years left to go of my degree. Fuck yeah!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I'll see your graduation, and raise an acceptance letter

Subject: Business for Branding- Australian School of Business at UNSW said:
CONGRATULATIONS on receiving an offer to study a business program at The University of New South Wales. We look forward to you joining us in Semester 1, 2008.

Information on how to accept the offer is detailed in your offer letter. Information on what courses you should enrol for Semester 1, and selecting your courses for your majors in your program, can be found in the enrolment information on http://www.fce.unsw.edu.au/nps/servlet/portalservice?GI_ID=System.LoggedOutInheritableArea&maxWnd=H_Home&render=on".

On the website go to http://www2.fce.unsw.edu.au/nps/ser...&maxWnd=_currentstudents_enrolmentinformation to find details on Academic Advising Day on February 12, where you can discuss enrolment options with academic and administrative staff from the Australian School of Business.

We encourage you to also attend our Orientation Program - see http://www2.fce.unsw.edu.au/nps/servlet/portalservice?GI_ID=System.LoggedOutInheritableArea&maxWnd=_Current_UGOrientation">Orientation Program. You can also join the Peer Mentoring Program at http://www2.business.unsw.edu.au/np...lations_UndergraduateActivities_PeerMentoring - to assist you in making a smooth transition to Uni life.

Wishing you all the best with your studies.

Australian School of Business
The University of New South Wales
Phone: &nbsp;02 9385 3189
Email: businessinfo@unsw.edu.au
hooray! seems a tad late though, since this is my 3rd year

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Jago said:
I'll see your graduation, and raise an acceptance letter

hooray! seems a tad late though, since this is my 3rd year
Yeah I just got one of those too... they fucked up the mailing thingo (obv).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)