general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
How can anyone not like Kochie? He's grand!

And I'll be around UNSW in 4 years time (hopefully 5). Who's to say a new train line couldn't be finished before I'm done. Here's what I'd like to see (admire my paint skills):

I could change at Wolli Creek, and then it could simply go around counter-clockwise and I'd cut about 20 minutes off my trip. Illawarra line folks could cut even more off it.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
How can anyone not like Kochie? He's grand!

And I'll be around UNSW in 4 years time (hopefully 5). Who's to say a new train line couldn't be finished before I'm done. Here's what I'd like to see (admire my paint skills):

I could change at Wolli Creek, and then it could simply go around counter-clockwise and I'd cut about 20 minutes off my trip. Illawarra line folks could cut even more off it.

lol, nice drawing. but i can't see how it'd be quicker than the city circle via sydenham express from campbelltown.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Oh god I love that train. I orgasm every time I get the oppurtunity to catch it. So fast. And there is nearly always room up front.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Indeed, but the problem is how often it comes. I don't leave early enough in the morning to get the Sydenham/express trains apart from on Wednesday. Even then, the queue at Central takes about 10 minutes followed by 15 minutes on a bus, taking the total up to 25 minutes.

In the afternoon it's not as bad, as I always get a Sydenham train (perhaps not the Redfern/Sydenham/Beverly Hills/Padstow/Holsworthy/Glenfield/Campbelltown express "orgasmic" train) but it's still fast. I don't have any doubts that getting a train from UNSW and then transferring at Wolli Creek would be faster though. Even the time I'd save by getting the orgasmic train wouldn't match the time saved by eliminating that bus trip.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Wow, I hardly ever get it, even in the afternoon. Its easier to get it in the morning as I can at least control what time I arrive at the station.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
So we want to add an extra train line - Surely that would place more strain on the rest of the network; and you already train-dependent whingeing folks will suffer more? In theory, a train line would be nice. In practice, it's not easy. For starters, where are they going to put it? Underground, or above ground. Above ground would mean ripping up lots of existing property. Underground is pretty expensive - theres lots of stuff under the eastern suburbs already.

The thing is, the eastern suburbs is extensively linked by a bus system, we have many routes servicing various parts. There is around 9 bus routes I can take to UNSW from my house:p.

And whoever drew that additional train line on that picture, I like it. Nice drawing.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
So we want to add an extra train line - Surely that would place more strain on the rest of the network; and you already train-dependent whingeing folks will suffer more? In theory, a train line would be nice. In practice, it's not easy. For starters, where are they going to put it? Underground, or above ground. Above ground would mean ripping up lots of existing property. Underground is pretty expensive - theres lots of stuff under the eastern suburbs already.

The thing is, the eastern suburbs is extensively linked by a bus system, we have many routes servicing various parts. There is around 9 bus routes I can take to UNSW from my house:p.

And whoever drew that additional train line on that picture, I like it. Nice drawing.
My artistic skills cannot be beat. But of course a new train line would go underground, I can't see too many eastern suburbs residents liking the idea of a big ugly train line bypassing their houses, can you? Also, I never complain about the rail system. I've ever only suffered one delay and that was at around midday. So far the train services have been quite good for the ol East Hills line.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
My artistic skills cannot be beat. But of course a new train line would go underground, I can't see too many eastern suburbs residents liking the idea of a big ugly train line bypassing their houses, can you? Also, I never complain about the rail system. I've ever only suffered one delay and that was at around midday. So far the train services have been quite good for the ol East Hills line.
You didn't have to travel on it last year. Jesus fucking christ it was horrid..

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
Building a train line is not cheap. Who's going to pay? Great, we could have a train line linking Cronulla, Brighton and Maroubra. Sounds like a plan to me.
easy warfare ;)

gman03

HSC
It would be great if the central bus stop is expanded so that 10 buses could pick up passengers at the same time during peak hours.

HSC
haha yeah, around 8:30 onwards is when it gets pretty bad @ eddy avenue. but at the moment, i dont think there'll be any relief for peak hour commuting (ie. some form of bus stop extension).

Alimoe_KG

HSC
i wonder if they'll ever expand UNSW outside of its current boundaries. They do a lot of developing inside the campus but it'd be very cool if they decided to enlarge the campus. THen again we have residential territory surrounding it.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Airness: that would be difficult. Theres a lot of stuff surrounding the campus, the hospital, the racecourse, Barker street is a boundary and Anzac parade. Lots of residential zones too. Sure, UNSW has many 'campuses' if you count the little safehouses in Randwick etc. but its not one large campus, if you get what I'm saying.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Airness said:
i wonder if they'll ever expand UNSW outside of its current boundaries. They do a lot of developing inside the campus but it'd be very cool if they decided to enlarge the campus. THen again we have residential territory surrounding it.
Bah. I for one enjoy the idea of cramming more and more high rises into a finite block of land. I live for the day when they build a more imposing and noticeable building than the Applied Science Building.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
UNSW is expanding as much as it can already, all the new apartments on Anzac prd are owned by UNSW.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Bah. I for one enjoy the idea of cramming more and more high rises into a finite block of land. I live for the day when they build a more imposing and noticeable building than the Applied Science Building.
I live for the day when UNSW campus is just blocks and blocks of high rise buildings with skyways and walkways joining the whole thing together with travellators. Like Fifth Element or Coruscant.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
elfm said:
monorail.... monorail.... monorail!! /simpsons
M O N O R A I L

First stop roundhouse!
Second stop red center!

MONORAILLLL

MONORAILLLLL

MONORAILLLLLLLL!

(and of course other stops too)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)