general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Can anyone give any insight into the following maths 1231 lecturerers and whether they are any good:
- Dr D Potapov
- Dr CC Tisdell
- Dr CK Mak
- Apro JA Roberts
- Apro J Murray
- Dr D Combe
tisdell is awesome, and he has a youtube channel.

mak is very bad, horrendous asian accent :3

cs01001

HSC
Um, that's not a GenEd.

Try the Science faculty ones. I think they're running some shit about nuclear weapons and one about science and religion. Or religion and terror by the Law school. Did that last year. It was interesting and easy.
Thanks for the advice.

I am currently doing ACCT1511 and won't be able to take ACCT2522 as it is not offered... so I can only do ACCT2542 in semester 2 or start taking 2A+2B in their normal sequence in 2011 and delay graduation a whole year.

So I was thinking of doing a combo of
- LEGT2721
- ECON2206
- ACCT2542
+ something else

Now I heard 2542 is the devil and has a very high fail rate, so question is, how do the other two subjects rate? is it advisiable to take 2b with it?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Can anyone give any insight into the following maths 1231 lecturerers and whether they are any good:
- Dr D Potapov
- Dr CC Tisdell
- Dr CK Mak
- Apro JA Roberts
- Apro J Murray
- Dr D Combe
I have Murray for Algebra atm. He's alright, he always goes over previous work so you stay on top of things. :)

shaon0

HSC
I have a general enquiry regarding subject selection for s2 onwards. Can i apply for a course in another faculty even though i don't have to take gened courses?

Thanks

freelywilly

HSC
FINS3640 assignments are finally over. And fuck you Jonathan Reeves

I have a general enquiry regarding subject selection for s2 onwards. Can i apply for a course in another faculty even though i don't have to take gened courses?

Thanks
U can but i think that course will be counted as a non award course ie doesn't contribute to ur degree

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
woke up at 7

saw the weather

went back to sleep

i am the best

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
pahor is EXCELLENT.

woke up at 7 or 9 to the sound of a massive deep booming thunder, thought "wow that was so cool", back to sleep, wake up again at 12. (wednesdays off)
so much day wasted, 2 lab reports need to be done for friday, wanna finish em today.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Mr M Pahor, Dr T Tran ...good men?

Yeah, Pahor is a great teacher. He 'dumbs' it down so to speak and focuses more on examples to show concepts rather than being as technical about everything.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Thanks for the advice.

I am currently doing ACCT1511 and won't be able to take ACCT2522 as it is not offered... so I can only do ACCT2542 in semester 2 or start taking 2A+2B in their normal sequence in 2011 and delay graduation a whole year.

So I was thinking of doing a combo of
- LEGT2721
- ECON2206
- ACCT2542
+ something else

Now I heard 2542 is the devil and has a very high fail rate, so question is, how do the other two subjects rate? is it advisiable to take 2b with it?
What is 2A and 2B? I have never heard of these.

ECON2206 is sort of difficult. It's alright if you understand it and scraping a pass probably isn't too hard, but a lot of the concepts are just going straight over my head. I'm just going to rely on regurgitating what I've been told, rather than actually understanding it.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
woke up at 7

saw the weather

went back to sleep

i am the best
Man, I had the same idea this morning. Woke up at 5:40am and thought "it sounds like it's raining... I should sleep in and ditch class today..." then went back to bed for twenty minutes.
Then I woke up twenty minutes later and decided to go to uni :(
Worse still, I made this ridiculously rubbish decision to wear ballet flats instead of boots.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Man, I had the same idea this morning. Woke up at 5:40am and thought "it sounds like it's raining... I should sleep in and ditch class today..." then went back to bed for twenty minutes.
Worse still, I made this ridiculously rubbish decision to wear ballet flats instead of boots.
5:40...jeez where are you living

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
hehe its cute cause ur first year :)

dw i woulda done the same if i was first yr.

my attendance overall this sem is prob 20-30% :D

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just to clear any confusion, 2A is ACCT2542 and 2B is ACCT2522.
Well that's Mgmt Acct and Corp Fin Rep, so I take it they're not actually called 2A and 2B, it's just the de facto name because they're the second-year compulsory subjects?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)