Genuine Freak Out (1 Viewer)

nishi4000

HSC
So I just looked at hsc countdown, and we have 16 days and 8 hours left till Paper 1. Then repetitive exams.
My HSC timetable is utter bs, with a double up and consecutive exams, my trial marks have disappointed me so much, and i'm extremely underprepared. I'm aiming for 90+

I'm going to start studying from tonight.

Are all-nighters my only solution now?

madharris

HSC
N/A
So I just looked at hsc countdown, and we have 16 days and 8 hours left till Paper 1. Then repetitive exams.
My HSC timetable is utter bs, with a double up and consecutive exams, my trial marks have disappointed me so much, and i'm extremely underprepared. I'm aiming for 90+

Study during the day, sleep at night.
Go to a library if that helps you limit distractions.

Study effectively. If you study 20 hours a day, then I can guarantee you that only 5 of those hours (if any) will be worth anything.

HSC

What is the point of all nighters if you're eventually going to fall asleep during the day?
The best is to study throughout the day from now until the HSC with breaks in between of course. Have at least 8 hours of sleep to regenerate.

Do past papers, and refine areas in each subject which you are struggling in or need to memorize or whatever. :D
Good luck

britaker

HSC
No they are not. Since when were all-nighters the answer to anything ever (with the exception of EE2 major works xD). No but in all seriousness, if you study efficiently you shouldn't have to sacrifice any sleep.

narutofire21

HSC
your going to have to risk not knowing some content for the hsc as there is no way you can cover 10 unit's content in 2 weeks. u need time to practice

fatassmcfat

HSC
Dude dont worry,if you have clumped up exams it means in between those clumps you have a week or even more to study
So what you should do (well what im doing) is next 10 days study all the things you NEED like the necessites for all of your subjects e.g. chemistry ions chart, english quotes, i dont have any more eg's cause rest of my subjects are hipster
Then force yourself to spend the week before 'clump' exams only on those subjects and dont get scared/worry about other subjects. I think what causes most anxiety is thinking about how many different subjects you have to do, but try to adopt more short term perception of the exams you have to do first. and the entire day before an exam you should definately not allow yourself to study anything besides that subject
Dont do all nighters because most subjects you can literally learn the entire syllabus in 12 hours as long as you are efficient and dont waste time relearning things you know you already know (force yourself to do qs your scared of or think youll get wrong)
50% of marks you get in exam are also going to be what you think on the day. so make a plan on how you are going to do the exam (e.g. english im gonna write my essay first so i dont forget, then short answers, and creative last because thats the most leniant in terms of length), write where you are going to be at what time in the exam, what you need to revise just before the exam last minnit e.g. backup quotes.
Good luck and i am also fellow last minute learner but did pretty good so dont feel disadvantaged by lack of time

nishi4000

HSC
THANK YOU SO MUCH haha
this is relieving
I shall follow these tactics, thank you so much! :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep and don't forget to do a little bit of exercise each day as it helps to relieve stress levels..

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I'm doing accelerated IPT this year, so i only have 1 subject, but i'm still freaking out... because we only JUST finished learning content - and i had to do some myself at home... Only now have i got up to doing past tests and i don't have any school off because its still year 10 and ahhh! I go to a selective school so there is so much pressure!!

Also what if certain circumstances have made it so that i don't really exercise much anymore... what else helps as much as exercise?

HSC
I'm doing accelerated IPT this year, so i only have 1 subject, but i'm still freaking out... because we only JUST finished learning content - and i had to do some myself at home... Only now have i got up to doing past tests and i don't have any school off because its still year 10 and ahhh! I go to a selective school so there is so much pressure!!

Also what if certain circumstances have made it so that i don't really exercise much anymore... what else helps as much as exercise?
lel you're going to die in year 12 if you don't change.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Even just 30 minutes of exercise helps? Just walk back and forwards reading notes or something if you don't have 'time' to exercise properly...

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Its not really a time thing, more of an emotional thing.. yeah

I get really upset when i exercise for various reasons and when people tell me to idk it gets pretty bad sometimes. So yeah i would rather not right now - not until i get it sorted out! Which will happen in time for year 12 in two years. Just dont know what destresses people as well as sport does.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

I get really upset when i exercise for various reasons and when people tell me to idk it gets pretty bad sometimes. So yeah i would rather not right now - not until i get it sorted out! Which will happen in time for year 12 in two years. Just dont know what destresses people as well as sport does.
Try mediation that helps?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Crosswords/reading/sudoku/rubic cubes
:eek:

HSC
Don't stress, benchpress.

Nah, set yourself a goal. Motivate yourself and stress shall only be small. IF you study consistently, you won't be as stressed.

Stressing can result in poor performance and results, so consistently study.

CanU_Not

HSC
Ok i can do that. Sounds good :) thanks!
I think we go to the same school haha :p PM me which school you go to?

Dw, I also did IPT accelerated in Year 10 but tbh, the subject itself is extraordinarily easy lol. I suppose it's too late to improve your ranks but honestly, my class did a lot worse than what was expected (even though we're a top 5 selective school) so don't rely on everyone getting 90+. Plus if you go the same school I'm thinking of, Term 4 is pretty much bs and every other subject is derp until Year 11 so don't worry haha.

Best thing you could do is know the Samuel Davis book inside out (for syllabus content, not the fancy hardware/software/firmware specifics he gets into) because 99% of the time you're gonna use similar wording to get the marks. Know your social and ethical issues because pretty much every scenario question can be bsed to use those to answer it lol.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)