• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

getting around (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol, i dunno, i dont think he likes me like that (i dont think he likes me at all today)
i dunno...male periods i guess
he seems to go through stages (each week is a stage) where he'll single out someone to be nasty to. this week it was me. but he was more horrible to me today than he has ever been to the whole class combined.

seeka

HSC
yeh ive never noticed him and his mean streaks,,, i mean in my lab,, but i have heard from one of the other girls from last year got a bit of harassment like singling out, and asking questions and bein generally picking on mean.. she did put in a formal complaint, ill ask her what avenues she took coz he did get repremended and was nice to her for the rest of the year... ill ask her than ill post it for you
but if his doing this to people and you feel crappy after a lab then he has to pick up his act of bugger off cos its not fair especially in first year.
hang in there jess!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by seeka
and i just noticed your little description thingy the fuck U gary thing hehe
go jess!
lol!!

im feeling much better today, although it took me forever to get to sleep last night

i dunno..i still cant figure out what exactly happenned...and like, it wasnt even his words so much that annoyed me, it was the tone in which he said them.

if it happens again, i might look at complaining...esp as everyone at my bench saw what was going on, and i think they would be willing to back me up if i needed it... i just dont want him to fail me!!

seeka

HSC
its great that you have backup from your lab table aswell coz then its not just your word against his even then he has a reputation, im glad your feeling better though jess :)
(p.s sorry its taken sooooo long to reply,,,stupid laws readings!)
and stacie who are you having trouble with?
i really wouldnt worry too much if its just a tutor, they have basically no say in what mark you get and are usually only 3rd year students. if it becomes really big give me a yell and i can check out what you both can do about it :)
coz uni is sposed to fun!!!
happy days
-em

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol, yeah, im over everything that happenned.
is it bad when i avoid seeing someone though? coz im having trouble with my micro report, and i keep putting off seeing gary...i dont want to be alone in the same room as him! lol! id take friends, but they all have classes during his 'consultation times'

seeka

HSC
well send him an email with the question and he should be able to answer you through that, but if you cant explain it through that then send him an email asking if you could make a time or of other times that he would be able to see you because you have "classes" when his consultation times, he cant say no you have to ditch classes to come see me and he cant check up to see if this is true or not. then grab a friend or a few and go see him. you shouldnt have to avoid him though, if he makes an issue of making alternate times then his overstepping his mark and you can put in complaints, if not check with your lab tutors. they should have times too and are just as good.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
he's refusing to answer anything on a one on one basis over email

Hi Everyone,

I am currently receiving emails from 1st year biology at a rate faster than I can answer them. Can you please help alleviate the situation by doing the following:

1. Check BlackBoard to see if the information you require is already posted. I will not be replying to emails asking me to repeat instructions on a 1 to 1 basis.
2. I have now posted some dedicated consultation times when I will be available in my office to help you and answer your questions. These times are posted as part of my staff profile in the staff information section.
3. Consultation is available by prior appointment outside of these consultation hours, however, please make all efforts to attend the scheduled times before attempting to make an appointment.
4. You should still inform me via phone or email as quickly as possible about problems with lab attendance.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dr. Gary Ellem
lol!!

but its ok, after much stress, ive finally figured out the answer to my prob, so its all good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)