Getting to UNSW (1 Viewer)

newlygrad

HSC
Which buses from central station do you take? Is it obviously marked? The O-week pdf and transport unsw website conflict. I'm starting engineering in march and don't want to go on the wrong one! And I can't follow the crowd as I have to go before O week to get my ID (don't fancy the lines). thanks

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are unsure, you can ask people standing near Stand C (I think it is) on Eddy Avenue or around that area furthest from Central Station because I'm sure people are going to uni from now until semester starts.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Follow the signs at Central station to get to Eddy Avenue. Before you get to the street, look around for a place to buy tickets. I buy mine from "Central Bookshop"

Buy your ticket, myBus2 (you'll need a return too and show them your concession card too to get it for $3.60 return) at the "Central Bookshop".

Then cross the road and go to Stand C of Eddy avenue. Buses 391, 393 and 395 go to UNSW on Anzac Parade.

If you feel super super nervous, just ask the bus driver "Do you go to UNSW?" before you place the ticket in.

I did this a couple times and now I know my way around.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
^ This Yes. Being a little bit racist helps. The first time I went I followed some Asians to ASB.

Also, I think it is stand D? Isn't it?
Some other busses, 391,393,891,

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Also, I think it is stand D? Isn't it?
Some other busses, 391,393,891,
Depends. At least at Stand C, you have more time to signal. Though even if it stops at Stand D, you can just walk the extra 5m.

ifrit112

HSC
There are many transport options. The most popular (and the most convenient) is the 891 from eddy ave as others have mentioned.
Simply go to eddy ave bus stands (on the park side, furthest end from the station). There will be a massive line, usually managed by the security guys and a few people from sydney buses. The bus itself is labeled "UNSW Express" so you couldn't go wrong.

The buses run so frequently during the mornings that you would not even need to check the timetable. One or two would come every 30 seconds and it is a show up and go service. (Around 10-11 am the buses slow down and then it would be worth checking your alternatives).

Don't worry too much about O week. There are people there to guide you at central to get on the right bus to uni.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
891 goes from Stand D, it's the bus like 99% of people catch.

895 is the return service.

391, 393 and 395 are suburban bus services that go to the Anzac Parade entrance.
Thanks! Will take those now.

I used to go to Museum and take the bus from there. It was a little quicker catching the bus from there to UNSW actually, but an extra 3 minute train ride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)