Girls, what do you think of boys who cry? (1 Viewer)

circusmind

HSC
*yooneek* said:
yeah i get you...
but sometimes you relate a seemingly 'fictional' performance to an experience you personally had... is it ok to be emotional then?
For sure. I mean, when Saving Private Ryan came out they had WWII vets having nervous breakdowns in the cinema.

Short of something traumatic like that, though, a man shouldn't be crying.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
*yooneek* said:
yeah i get you...
but sometimes you relate a seemingly 'fictional' performance to an experience you personally had... is it ok to be emotional then?
That is not why most people cry over movies.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
circusmind said:
For sure. I mean, when Saving Private Ryan came out they had WWII vets having nervous breakdowns in the cinema.

Short of something traumatic like that, though, a man shouldn't be crying.
i understand your pov completely :wave: :uhhuh: :)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
brogan77 said:
hahahahahhahahaha mods are such shitfucks.

obvious troll thread. i post a link to oldmencrying.com and call someone a lolfag and it gets deleted.

FAIL!
LOL discrimination... cover-ups...oh the politics of it all!!!

circusmind

HSC
brogan77 said:
hahahahahhahahaha mods are such shitfucks.

obvious troll thread. i post a link to oldmencrying.com and call someone a lolfag and it gets deleted.

FAIL!
im so glad you posted that link.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Personally, i'm quite disgusted with the whole convention of guys trying to act macho and crap and list 'hardening to fuck up' amongst their top priorities, thinking they can be as emotionally detached and egotistic as they want, as long as they're being 'masculine'. Jump off your high-horse, stop trying to impress every girl under the sun for 5 seconds and get an ego-check guys...Call me a SNAG, or fag, or whatever you want, it'll only proove my beliefs
</rant>
*Awaits typical onslaught from the likes of Brogan*

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I found the lolfag comment highly humorous and a general asset to the forum.

circusmind

HSC
Seryn said:
Personally, i'm quite disgusted with the whole convention of guys trying to act macho and crap and list 'hardening to fuck up' amongst their top priorities, thinking they can be as emotionally detached and egotistic as they want, as long as they're being 'masculine'. Jump off your high-horse, stop trying to impress every girl under the sun for 5 seconds and get an ego-check guys...Call me a SNAG, or fag, or whatever you want, it'll only proove my beliefs
</rant>
*Awaits typical onslaught from the likes of Brogan*
It's not impressing girls or acting macho. You just don't cry needlessly if you're a man. No-one wants to see some dude cry--it's embarrassing.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm not bothered if guys cry. i'd be a bit weirded out if he started to cry over something really dumb though - put it this way, if I wouldn't cry over it, then i'd think it was strange if HE did. i'm talking really little things, like missing the bus or not getting the mark he expected on something or his sea monkeys dying...if anyone cried over that sorta thing in front of me i'd probably burst out laughing in their face, male or female... but if a guy was genuinely upset in my presence and started to cry i'd be ok with it for sure.

tempco

HSC
Crying over not getting into an assignment group? Not even a girl should cry about that.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i'm not bothered if guys cry. i'd be a bit weirded out if he started to cry over something really dumb though - put it this way, if I wouldn't cry over it, then i'd think it was strange if HE did. i'm talking really little things, like missing the bus or not getting the mark he expected on something or his sea monkeys dying...if anyone cried over that sorta thing in front of me i'd probably burst out laughing in their face, male or female... but if a guy was genuinely upset in my presence and started to cry i'd be ok with it for sure.
that is a really good answer!

williamc

HSC
circusmind said:
Your masculinity is diminished if you cry. Unless your trusty dog is killed. Then it's okay, as long as you try to fight it, and punch some shit as well.
LOL, the ONLY ever time i have ever seen my dad cry was when our dog died last year. He didn't even cry when his finger got chopped off this year.. It is weird seeing your Dad cry..

circusmind

HSC
williamc said:
LOL, the ONLY ever time i have ever seen my dad cry was when our dog died last year. He didn't even cry when his finger got chopped off this year.. It is weird seeing your Dad cry..
Good form. I've seen my Dad cry when his mate died, and he apparently cried when my sister was born. Sissy.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
williamc said:
youch! is he ok?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
circusmind said:
Yeah....but crying is pretty much the biggest show of vulnerability and weakness a human being can make, so it's fairly piss-poor performance to let rip with that sort of display over fictional entertainment.

Edit: I'm not trying to be a jackass with the 'weakness' thing.
I think that's pretty harsh but it seems to be men's stance on other men crying (just think of that scene in Lantana when LaPaglia bumps into the old guy ;) ). Of course what women think of men that cry is a totally different question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)