Girls, what do you think of boys who cry? (1 Viewer)

Mezra

HSC
I went to my cousin's wedding on the weekend.
The groom BALLED when she came down the isle, and during his speech he cried a lot as well. It became the joke of the night "You've married a sook!" She did not shed one tear (she's basically the man of the relationship)

But I have to say it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

However, crying because your friends needed to become a pair for work is pretty lame. Sorry dude.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Yeah, I agree. Wouldn't girls love it if their grooms cried...

but would definitely call them a sook if they just stubbed their toe...

Basically, acceptable:
- Deaths (Family, pet, etc)
- Major life changes like break-ups, engagement/marriage, childbirth, if the girl gets sick, etc - or in a personal case, when you meet someone who knocks you off ur feet and you tell her that and it all ends Hollywood-like :)

Mezra

HSC
Yes I think you have it exactly right!!
It really was so beautiful. He planned all the music at the church too and they walked down to "love is all you need" like in love actually. And he cried then too. He probably cried when he selected the song. Hmmm.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
um, dude that's exactly why I said men crying IS manly becoz they do cry and not give a fuck what everyone else thinks.
Just because someone's crying doesn't mean they don't care what people think, hell they might be crying because people think they're ugly or something.

shaaali

HSC
Mezra said:
Yes I think you have it exactly right!!
It really was so beautiful. He planned all the music at the church too and they walked down to "love is all you need" like in love actually. And he cried then too. He probably cried when he selected the song. Hmmm.
:D thats just too cute.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
Yeah, that's why I put "PARTIALLY". I study psychology and I'm very afraid of generalizations myself.
No, it's because women achieve better at school than boys that they live longer.

I study education, so i would know.

ie. no one gives a fuck about what you study and your severely limited knowledge of your far from complete undergraduate study holds no grounds anywhere.

Shut up.

HSC
last time i cried was mates funeral, even when my mum got sick i didnt cry. i feel way too deconstructed when it happends so i suck it up

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
~Jess~ said:
ok, to start with, why is it guys replying?
secondly, for a guy to cry shows sensitivity, which i for one find attractive, they have feelings like us girls and aren't afraid to show it. I've never actually seen a guy cry, but I think there is way too much social pressure for men to be the strong ones, get over it, that was years ago! True, there is still that romantic idea of having a shoulder to lean on which i would like to see more in society, but if guys aren't going to be romantic, why not show feelings through a cry? I do, it relieves the stress, frustration, pain, etc i feel, so why should a guy not do the same???
What the hell is with girls posting things like this? Just because men rarely cry doesnt mean we are emotionally barren. We feel emotions just as much as you, but hey guess what? we are different genders. Men express their emotions differently. I dont want girls thinking iam insensitive or something just because i dont cry about everything.

um, dude that's exactly why I said men crying IS manly becoz they do cry and not give a fuck what everyone else thinks.
no you got what i said wrong. Crying isnt manly because although being manly is in part not caring what other people think, it isnt the opposite way.

The crying mans logic goes like this: being manly is not caring what other people think
if i cry it means i dont care if other people see me cry
therefore crying is manly.

The problem is that you can only be manly by other manly men confirming that you are macho. Because crying is showing your weakness[another part of being manly is not having a weakness, or learning to overcome them] then no manly man will ever confirm your masculinity.

Being manly isnt just not caring what other people think, its about being strong for others, its about overcoming adversity, its about showing incredible loyalty and not just doing whats good for you[but also not being afraid to be selfish when you need to]. Its about being scared[although no manly man will admit this] but not showing it and taking care of what needs to be done anyway[like that dude who cut off his own arm so he could escape a boulder and live]. Rarely do women understand any of this and a man who isnt masculine by definition doesnt get it either so that means the only people who can confirm your manlyness is other macho men.

Alot of the time i do feel pressured to act strong for other people, and i think doing that instead of giving in and crying is more noble and manly that going to peices like everyone else. Like last night some criminals jacked a car infront of my mums as she was driving then slammed into us. She was really shaken up, where as i just went through the process like " ok everyone allright? good. Did anyone get their carjackers license plate? anyone get a good look at them? ok ill call the police now, everyone just sit tight" I am usually the one to stay calm and take care of things when something bad happens.[my mum is the same, in her own female way. Probably cause shes a nurse so wounds dont bother her]

Mahal.Kita

HSC
Well,its ok to cry!, some chicks would find it sweet to have a sensitive guy,but most girls want a guy who wont show much cowardness.....

Perhaps just cry when nobodys around,its good to let it all out sometimes.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The only reason girls like guys crying is because it shows a weakness on the guy, and girls LOVE being able to use this weakness to manipulate guys.

It's not sexy or sweet, its power being given to you on a silver platter, you manipulative whores.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
jumb said:
The only reason girls like guys crying is because it shows a weakness on the guy, and girls LOVE being able to use this weakness to manipulate guys.

It's not sexy or sweet, its power being given to you on a silver platter, you manipulative whores.
LOL. True Dat. CHOPPER says HARDEN THE FUCK UP!

T

trolloutaface

guys who cry over serious matters (e.g breakups and shit) are fucking hawt!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Because they're damaged goods.

Guys who have fucked up pasts are hot to you, whether they cry or not means nothing.

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
I guess its good if they show some sort of emotion every now and then! Haha my friends bf cried when he lost his virginity hahah ah deary

cupcake08

HSC
jumb said:

hahaha. qft.

circusmind

HSC
HyPnOtiSeD said:
I guess its good if they show some sort of emotion every now and then! Haha my friends bf cried when he lost his virginity hahah ah deary
Prison?

/im so sorry.

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
jumb said:
Because they're damaged goods.

Guys who have fucked up pasts are hot to you, whether they cry or not means nothing.
but too insecure = :(

they might become really upset.. even when you're just talking to a guy

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
cupcake08 said:
hahaha. qft.
<3

On an unrelated note, when girls cry they can also use it as emotional blackmail. Two bites of the cherry :(

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
satcbrady said:
but too insecure = :(

they might become really upset.. even when you're just talking to a guy
Fucked up past i.e. had some hardships but was able to endure it all or just the strong and silent type, is mutually exclusive of insecurity.

Trend tends to be that the insecure guys see themselves in an unrealistic light and the confidence or lack thereof translates into desperatism which girls stay away from like paris hilton and a physics class. Re: lengy :D

satcbrady

HSC
N/A
Bobness said:
Fucked up past i.e. had some hardships but was able to endure it all or just the strong and silent type, is mutually exclusive of insecurity.

Trend tends to be that the insecure guys see themselves in an unrealistic light and the confidence or lack thereof translates into desperatism which girls stay away from like paris hilton and a physics class. Re: lengy :D
Just cuz they had a 'fucked up past' doesn't mean that they will be stronger.. they could blame their insecurity on their pasts ("ok, i am like this for a reason.. it's because this girl did this to me...etc..so....that's why I'm so paranoid now..)
and fall into a deeper and deeper trap of innocent-weakness because they feel as if they are excused to from the 'blame' of being insecure.

I'm scared of insecure guys but then I am attracted to them cuz I like guys who look like they need protection (not the typical 'macho' or 'bad' type)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)