Go the All Blacks!! (1 Viewer)

bootylicious

HSC
SportsGirlQueen said:
yeah we should dominate with every player basically being a standout...
I kno henry is a good coach but..i duno...imo...i feel mitchell did alot for the ab's n yeah..ok..he produced a team that was a lil young but i mean u gota breed new players n i feel he was preparing for the this nxt world cup more so than the one he squaded them in. i mean yeah he was wanting to win the WC cup but i think his main initiative was to prepare them for the nxt RWC...wat do u guys think?
i agree, mitchell was definitely a good coach and with such a young team (especially in the backs) he took them far!! But i heard that umaga was fit enough to play in the quater finals of the WRC, but mitchell decided to go with the best kicker (at the time), which was MacDonald, over his best centre!! if this is true, then thats the only mistake i reckon mitchell made.

bootylicious

HSC
SportsGirlQueen said:
haha booty i guess i wood rather argue n bak my team 100% like u than not be able to talk bout rugby with my mates full stop! but i spose us union fans stick together wen we have aruguements with the leagueys lol......
true dat sista!!

SportsGirlQueen

HSC
N/A
yeah that puzzled me...i was also annoyed wen he put leon in over dan for kicking duties...i dont think he responds well to pressure wen it comes to kicking....i mean...i think he did well in one game where he got every kick (think it was against tonga)..but wen it came to the semis he couldnt kick for crap!!! i think dan shoulda had it all over him...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
SportsGirlQueen said:
yeah that puzzled me...i was also annoyed wen he put leon in over dan for kicking duties...i dont think he responds well to pressure wen it comes to kicking....i mean...i think he did well in one game where he got every kick (think it was against tonga)..but wen it came to the semis he couldnt kick for crap!!! i think dan shoulda had it all over him...
Dan was still pretty young back then, he still is. Leon Macdonald had a bit more experience, and it would of been a risk either way throwing them in. They should of thrown in Merhtens, he's my favourite all black of all time.

bootylicious

HSC
SportsGirlQueen said:
yeah that puzzled me...i was also annoyed wen u put leon in over dan for kicking duties...i dont think he responds well to pressure wen it comes to kicking....i mean...i think he did well in one game where he got every kick (think it was against tonga)..but wen it came to the semis he couldnt kick for crap!!! i think dan shoulda had it all over him...
well wen i found out that umaga was fit enuf, i was so excited bcoz umaga brings a lot to the game, and now they had an opportunity to win!! But when i found out that leon was picked instead, i cracked the shits!! i mean c'mon, seriously Macdonald?? hes a good playa, but seriously if ur ass were on the line to produce a good team to take out the WRC, and u had 2 options: umaga ( an extremely talented, experienced playa who has been around for wat at least 2 WRC) or macdonald ( a 4getable person who probably had 1 or 2 good games in the year leading up to the WRC, whos kicking average aint that impressive), who would u pick???

bootylicious

HSC
copious said:
Dan was still pretty young back then, he still is. Leon Macdonald had a bit more experience, and it would of been a risk either way throwing them in. They should of thrown in Merhtens, he's my favourite all black of all time.
but wasn't carter the kicker for the crusaders?? He was really good!! How many games did leon play?? i can't remember...

But yeah, merhtens shud have come in, but i guess spencer was on a roll!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I think Mehrtens was still kicking back then, not sure. Carter was playing centre is those days and Mehrtens was still fly half, i think..

bootylicious

HSC
copious said:
I think Mehrtens was still kicking back then, not sure. Carter was playing centre is those days and Mehrtens was still fly half, i think..
r u sure?? i swear merhtens was a reserve for some of the super 12 games!! maybe it was mauger who was the fly-half, and carter was the 2nd receiver :confused:

disco

HSC
do u think spencer will be chosen??? he hasn't been playing for 3 weeks, or more!! family problems, i think?!! Lavea has been doing a good job, so far!!

theres also merhtens, carter, gopperth (who has been playing exceptionally well) to choose from!!

there are also a lot of contenders for the wing positions, like: rico gear- whos just had an awesome season wit the crusaders-, ralph, fa'atau, sivivatu, rokocoko, howlett, nacewa (does he play fullback now??)

is Henry still the coach???

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I dont think Spencer will be contention, he's been out for too long. But i would still pick him, i just hope they dont chuck a christian cullen or mehrtens. Leaving out a quality player and losing the tri nations as a consequence.

bootylicious

HSC
disco said:
do u think spencer will be chosen??? he hasn't been playing for 3 weeks, or more!! family problems, i think?!! Lavea has been doing a good job, so far!!

theres also merhtens, carter, gopperth (who has been playing exceptionally well) to choose from!!

there are also a lot of contenders for the wing positions, like: rico gear- whos just had an awesome season wit the crusaders-, ralph, fa'atau, sivivatu, rokocoko, howlett, nacewa (does he play fullback now??)

is Henry still the coach???
Ummmm..... i dont think that he'll be chosen this year. its been a while since the last time hes playd. i reckon merhtens would most likely be chosen for the fly-half position! but i haven't watched the crusaders play for the last 2 weeks (i luv the crusaders so its a big thing for me if i miss a game!!).

rico gear betta be chosen for a spot as a wing coz yeah, i agree, he has had an awesome season!! things have been looking good for him!! if he isn't chosen, i will be really disappointed.

i think Henry is still the coach?! boy, he is gonna have a hard time choosing between the all those wingers!! But i would chose.... rico gear, rokocoko, sivivatu, and howlett.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Nonu has been playing in the wings lately cause conrad smith and umanga have been in devastating form. I wouldmt be suprised if smith is in the fringes somewhere for selection.

bootylicious

HSC
smith has been really good this season too!! but i really like nonu and want him to be in the all blacks squad this year, coz he wasn't in it last year!! he is a good winger but just isn't fast enuf (but has gaind a bit of speed since last year). i liked him betta as a centre, bcoz hes built for that position. hes big and buff, like a bulldozer, he'll just knock u down if ur in his way when he has the ball!!

but unfortunately i really do doubt he'll be selected again this year :( But theres always the NPC!!! :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
bootylicious said:
smith has been really good this season too!! but i really like nonu and want him to be in the all blacks squad this year, coz he wasn't in it last year!! he is a good winger but just isn't fast enuf (but has gaind a bit of speed since last year). i liked him betta as a centre, bcoz hes built for that position. hes big and buff, like a bulldozer, he'll just knock u down if ur in his way when he has the ball!!

but unfortunately i really do doubt he'll be selected again this year :( But theres always the NPC!!! :)
I predict nonu to be on the bench with mehrtens.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
bootylicious said:
nonu on the bench as a winger??? if andrew is on the bench then who would wear the no.10 jersey?? carter? mauger? lavea? who???
Nonu can cover centre and wing, #10 its gonna be tough between carter and mehrtens. I dont think Lavea is in contention, too big of a risk against the lions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)