Go the All Blacks!! (1 Viewer)

bootylicious

HSC
copious said:
Nonu can cover centre and wing, #10 its gonna be tough between carter and mehrtens. I dont think Lavea is in contention, too big of a risk against the lions.
Oh, So nonu can still get chosen for a position as centre even though he hasn't been playing it?? So there can still be a chance for him?!?!?!

Score!! if he does get chosen then the all blacks team this year will be sooo good!!! their backline will be really strong, and most other teams wont be able to break them!!!! :) bcoz i reackon that the backline will consist of: carter, rico gear, umaga, smith, rokocoko, and mils muliaina. the reserves would be nonu, merhtens, howlett.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Lineouts are the weakness, no one to compliment Chris Jack.

bootylicious

HSC
hmmmm.... i really hope that richie mcCaw gets chosen over marty holah!!! and justin marshall gets chosen over byron K..., although i have heard that piri weepu might have a chance at the no 9 jersey too!!!

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
I really respect the All Blacks. I think they're the #1 team in the world. But, this is just too good not the share.

Sung to the tune of Lonnie Donegan's My Old Man's a Dustman, this is a sample of the weapon that the Barmy Army is bringing to the Lions tour of New Zealand:

You failed in the Tri Nations,
In the World Cup went to sleep,
The All Blacks all should stay at home,
And stick to shagging sheep.

:D

bootylicious

HSC
these r who i think will be chosen for the all blacks:

1. ?
2. mealamu
3. ?
4. gibbes
5. williams
6.collins
7. mccaw
8.so'oialo
9.marshall
10.merhtens
11. rokocoko
12. carter
13. umaga
14. r. gear/sivivatu
15.blair/muliaina

reserves:
16. kopelani
17. ?
18. jack
19. holah
20. kelleher
21.nonu/smith
22. howlett

disco

HSC
bootylicious said:
these r who i think will be chosen for the all blacks:

1. ?
2. mealamu
3. ?
4. gibbes
5. williams
6.collins
7. mccaw
8.so'oialo
9.marshall
10.merhtens
11. rokocoko
12. carter
13. umaga
14. r. gear/sivivatu
15.blair/muliaina

reserves:
16. kopelani
17. ?
18. jack
19. holah
20. kelleher
21.nonu/smith
22. howlett

^ i like that line up!! But for some reason i think that Jono Gibbes will be playing in the no. 6 jersey and collins will be the reserve and Chris Jack will probably play lock with Ali Williams. I just hope that Ritchie McCaw does get chosen ahead of Marty Holah!!
To fill in the blanks, i'd probably choose:
1. Greg Sommerville (i can't remember how to spell his last name!!) or Hammet
3. Tialata - because i think that he has been playing really well this year so far, and will be a great asset to the all blacks. But the downside is that i don't think that he has played international rugby!! But still, you have to start somewhere!!
17. For some reason Deacon Manu comes to mind... But i dunno. i haven't really been watching much rugby (apart from crusaders, hurricanes, and brumbies games) for the last 3 weeks because i was grounded.

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Lhyviathan said:
Sung to the tune of Lonnie Donegan's My Old Man's a Dustman, this is a sample of the weapon that the Barmy Army is bringing to the Lions tour of New Zealand:

You failed in the Tri Nations,
In the World Cup went to sleep,
The All Blacks all should stay at home,
And stick to shagging sheep.

:D
BOOOOO!!!!!!!
Get off it ! :p
I know this is a bit behind but OOH ! AAH ! UMAGA !!:D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
AB trial teams named , crusaders not included. Rokokoko was selected in the sevens squad, i think to boost his confidence and press for selection, he's been out of form.

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3289673a1823,00.html

Probables: Sosene Anesi (Waikato), Doug Howlett (Auckland), Mils Muliaina (Auckland), Tana Umaga (captain, Wellington), Sitiveni Sivivatu (Waikato), Nick Evans (Otago), Byron Kelleher (Waikato), Steven Bates (Waikato), Craig Newby (Otago), Sione Lauaki (Waikato), Ali Williams (Auckland), Bernie Upton (Bay of Plenty), Campbell Johnstone (Canterbury), Derren Witcombe (Auckland), Tony Woodcock (North Harbour).

Reserves: Keven Mealamu (Auckland), Clarke Dermody (Southland), Kevin O'Neill (Canterbury), Rodney So'oialo (Wellington), Jimmy Cowan (Southland), Andrew Mehrtens (Canterbury), Seilala Mapusua (Otago).

Possibles: Ben Atiga (Auckland), Scott Hamilton (Canterbury), Conrad Smith (Wellington), Ma'a Nonu (Wellington), Brent Ward (Auckland), Stephen Donald (Waikato), Steve Devine (Auckland), Nick Williams (North Harbour), Josh Blackie (Otago), Chris Masoe (Taranaki), James Ryan (Otago), Ross Kennedy (Wellington), John Afoa (Auckland), Andrew Hore (captain, Taranaki), Saimone Taumoepeau (Auckland).

Reserves: Tone Kopelani (Canterbury), Carl Hoeft (Otago), Tom Donnelly (Otago), Jerry Collins (Wellington), Kevin Senio (Bay of Plenty), Jimmy Gopperth (Wellington), Casey Laulala (Canterbury).

disco

HSC
this officially sux!! does this mean that no crusader players will be allowed to play for the AB team?? If it does, then i think that it's kinda stupid. Because the crusaders have good players in their team, for example: Ritchie McCaw, Justin Marshall, Daniel Carter, Chris Jack, Aaron Mauger.

.......... the crusaders played in the finals of the super 12 last year, didn't they??.....

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
disco said:
this officially sux!! does this mean that no crusader players will be allowed to play for the AB team?? If it does, then i think that it's kinda stupid. Because the crusaders have good players in their team, for example: Ritchie McCaw, Justin Marshall, Daniel Carter, Chris Jack, Aaron Mauger.

.......... the crusaders played in the finals of the super 12 last year, didn't they??.....
No, it would be safe to assume that half the AB squad will come from the crusaders lol. Justin Marshall probaly wont play, i dont think he has the passion anymore.

disco

HSC
copious said:
No, it would be safe to assume that half the AB squad will come from the crusaders lol. Justin Marshall probaly wont play, i dont think he has the passion anymore.
so the players from the crusaders still do have a chance, thats good!!

Whats happening to Justin Marshall anyway?? i heard that he's leaving at the end of this year? is he retiring from professional rugby, or is he going overseas?? I'm not really a big crusader fan, so i have no idea whats going on, but this is what i keep hearing. :confused:

bootylicious

HSC
yeah, crusaders did play in the super 12 finals last year, and some of their players still did get chosen to represent NZ. but weren't they also part of they trial teams???

i cant belive that im about to say this, but mitchell was a really good coach!! He could have brought home the WRC!! if only he put in umaga.............

emjayz

HSC
N/A
personally, i don't think that its the same without some of the crusader players playing for the All Blacks!! They have a lot of talented players that have/will contribute greatly to the All Blacks.

i think that most of the rep players would have come from either the hurricanes or the crusaders.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
the CRUSADERS players WILL be in the squad. unlike the rest of the players, they have a final to play and therefore werent considered for selection. Their trial is the super 12 final.

Marshall is going overseas btw.

emjayz

HSC
N/A
The All Blacks will for-sure take out the Bledisloe Cup and the Tri-Nations this year!! Because the Wallabies are missing their key players, such as: George Gregan, Stephen Larkham, Chris Latham --> Unless, they have all been cleared by the meds, and will be able to play. But i doubt Gregan will be cleared, some people keep saying that he'll be back in time for the test matches, some say that he is out for the whole season, But i dunno. All i know is that the Wallabies will struggle without the expertise and guidance that Gregan brings to each match!! I'm pretty sure that Larkham and Latham will be alrite in time for those matches!!

HA, what a funny one!! It's an AB thread and i'm going on about the Wallabies!!

As long as the All Blacks have Umaga, McCaw, Mealamu, Nonu, Collins, Merhtens, Carter, Williams, Gear and Howlett in the squad then i'm happy!!

Last edited:

oreo_nimrodel

HSC
disco said:
so the players from the crusaders still do have a chance, thats good!!

Whats happening to Justin Marshall anyway?? i heard that he's leaving at the end of this year? is he retiring from professional rugby, or is he going overseas?? I'm not really a big crusader fan, so i have no idea whats going on, but this is what i keep hearing. :confused:
Marshall is going overseas to play for Leeds. He's leaving right after the lions tour. Rumour has it he won't be seleced for the all blacks coz they have to "establish the team". Whatever, trust marshall to have such good super 12 form before leaving

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I think Marshall should play, so he can finish on a high. Beat the lions, win the bledisloe and tri nations and he'll go down as one of the best Halfbacks to put on an all blacks gernsey, if not already.

bootylicious

HSC
Ok, i know that im a bit late with this post, but.... yeah.

Carter better be chosen for the All Blacks. He had such a good game on sat nite!!! :D
It's a shame that merhtens didn't even come on! I hope that marshall still gets picked, he played good on sat nite too!! :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Carter will be there, mehrtens will probaly bench it. and now marshall is making himself available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)